Space Invader

Other Artists? We got 'em right here.
spagucci1
Giant

Re: Space Invader

Post by spagucci1 »

True. I wonder if Invader smokes reds?
DunDun wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:Warhol did Cambells cans so I don't see why people are getting upset that Invader is doing a pack of smokes.
Smoking has negative stigma.
samuraiwriter
Propaganda Engineer

Post by samuraiwriter »

Invader bores me. Stunning people still trip over this stuff.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

samuraiwriter wrote:Invader bores me. Stunning people still trip over this stuff.
Stunning to me that some people still can't understand that not everyone is into the same sh!t they are.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
samuraiwriter
Propaganda Engineer

Post by samuraiwriter »

DunDun wrote:
samuraiwriter wrote:Invader bores me. Stunning people still trip over this stuff.
Stunning to me that some people still can't understand that not everyone is into the same sh!t they are.
Sorry, but a frankfurter pack of fags? Seriously? Spend your $ on whatever you like. Just stating my opinion.

When is the Invader cognac being released? #street
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Well since you won't be going for this Dun, hook a brotha up and PB for me and pick me up one if its not too pricey! ;)
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

samuraiwriter wrote:
DunDun wrote:
Sorry, but a frankfurter pack of fags? Seriously? Spend your $ on whatever you like. Just stating my opinion.

I'm not into this print, but making blanket statements like you "can't believe people trip over his stuff" isn't adding anything to the conversation. You don't like his art. Okay, so what?

This is a new direction for him and I give him credit for sticking to his style while branching out into new subject material. It's a pretty abstract form too and without the internet I would've never guessed it was Marlboro Reds. Kinda looks like a cross between a Kandinsky and a Mondrian.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

I agree Dun. Artistsust evolve and I like this new direction for Invader.
DunDun wrote:
samuraiwriter wrote:
DunDun wrote:

I'm not into this print, but making blanket statements like you "can't believe people trip over his stuff" isn't adding anything to the conversation. You don't like his art. Okay, so what?

This is a new direction for him and I give him credit for sticking to his style while branching out into new subject material. It's a pretty abstract form too and without the internet I would've never guessed it was Marlboro Reds. Kinda looks like a cross between a Kandinsky and a Mondrian.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

DunDun wrote:
samuraiwriter wrote:
DunDun wrote:

Completely agree. I don't like quite a few of his pieces, including this one, but I like what he does (his rubics cube pieces are impressive), respect how hard he works on the streets and own and love one of his prints. I just don't get the prices his prints are fetching nor do I understand why he gets a free pass for taking someone else's creation, the space invader image for example, and reproducing it exactly like the original but Shepard constantly gets crapped on for repurposing images... But then again, I also don't get all the demand for dolk, dot dot dot, Watson, etc or the prices their prints are fetching - the "street art" bubble clearly hasn't burst yet. Anyway, making negative statement without expanding on why you made the statement adds zero to the conversation. I love reading why people do or don't like particular art but critiquing without explanation is a waste of time.
DunDun wrote:This is a new direction for him and I give him credit for sticking to his style while branching out into new subject material. It's a pretty abstract form too and without the internet I would've never guessed it was Marlboro Reds. Kinda looks like a cross between a Kandinsky and a Mondrian.
This I disagree with. Changing the the subject matter is not a new direction. It's still the same style and for the most part, all of his pieces are abstract.
anodyne13
Grumpy Old Man

Post by anodyne13 »

I got to say that Im not a fan of his art when it is separated from the streets. I believe there have been several artists that have done various forms of mosaic art in this style, probably even with rubix cubes (check out these guys: http://www.cubeworks.ca/?page_id=16) and when presented in a gallery or on my wall, it doesn't really do it for me. However I think when presented in the streets, with an invasion, points, and map etc. the sum of the parts translates into a much more interesting almost performance art. When off the streets, I find it difficult for the art to elicit any sort of emotion out of me, which is what I am looking for in something I would put on my wall.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

Hunting invaders with a map is certain adventure!
on point like a decimalist?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

any luck on today's invader drop at POW?

‘Aladdin Sane’
45 x 43 cm - Edition 65 in 4 colour way options
4 colour hand pulled screenprint on Somerset satin
white 300gsm paper. Foiled white eyes and embossed.
£375
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Bagged a yeller.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

Gigantico wrote:Bagged a yeller.
Congrats! Those went with the quickness.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

The worst thing about Space Invader is his cousin.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

cybernigel wrote:
Gigantico wrote:Bagged a yeller.
Congrats! Those went with the quickness.
Thanks!
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

I got a pink. Can't wait to get it in a frame.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

DunDun wrote:I got a pink. Can't wait to get it in a frame.
Congrats, I was shooting for that one too.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Gigantico wrote:
I think the blue is my fave. Really shows the Aladdin sane "makeup" the best
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

DunDun wrote:
Gigantico wrote:
I think the blue is my fave. Really shows the Aladdin sane "makeup" the best
+1 on blue
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

New Invasion Kit being released tomorrow at 8am EST
therivler1
Punk

Post by therivler1 »

thanks for doing the conversion for me :)
EFE
Giant

Post by EFE »

Kit was up! I got one in my cart. Is it the same as OG site or does this stay in your cart for some time? If so.
Anyone need a kit? ITS now 10 minutes ago since i bagged it.

And gone.
mr Revs
Giant

Post by mr Revs »

looking for kit if anyone has
Check out my T-shirt quilts
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

mr Revs wrote:looking for kit if anyone has
if it was like the last kit drop then they will keep popping back up for a while.

edit: it's up now
http://www.space-invaders.com/lss/index ... roduct=340