philip lumbang

Other Artists? We got 'em right here.
JVB
Giant

Re:

Post by JVB »

scud80 wrote:nobody was attacking phil at all ... we like and are interested in picking up some of his work, but refuse to deal with the current point of sale.
+1!!! I was actually quite close to pushing morality to the side because I like the print so much, but in the end my conscience won.

Phil, your stuff is top notch brotha.
"Barbarians in fur coats are still barbarians."
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

Disclaimer: I don't edit my collections on here anymore. I prefer to be mysterious. Kind of like that burning sensation... Which one gifted me that?
Mr. Opino
Punk

Re: philip lumbang

Post by Mr. Opino »

Molotov Man wrote: I think a lot of established artists are very picky when it comes to letting people sell their art. It seems like newer artists don't care who sells their art only that it gets out there.
i agree 100%, im naive and very new to the game. i guess my black and white way of thinking always tends to leave out the fuzzy grey areas.

i know i am very young and hopefully ill have my whole career ahead of me. but im here where i am because of the choices i have made. i mean, i work next to the very man we all idolize; mon-fri, 10-7. i cant help but see an opportunity and take it... i cant help wanting to get my art out there because i really truly believe im on to something worth while. maybe i was naive to think a print could change the way people see one each other. i dunno.

i respect and admire the work put into this community, ITS TOP NOTCH, if i need to reference a poster on the fly, this is the first place i look. you guys are really organized! :D

i also respect dan, he had an open mind and was willing to take a chance on my print and i do understand why people wont buy my print through him. BUT as long as the people like it, thats all that matters to me! i mean at least u can use it as your desktop right?! :lol:

take care!
philip
"Love + Peace = Happiness"
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Mr. Opino wrote:
Molotov Man wrote: I think a lot of established artists are very picky when it comes to letting people sell their art. It seems like newer artists don't care who sells their art only that it gets out there.
i agree 100%, im naive and very new to the game. i guess my black and white way of thinking always tends to leave out the fuzzy grey areas.

i know i am very young and hopefully ill have my whole career ahead of me. but im here where i am because of the choices i have made. i mean, i work next to the very man we all idolize; mon-fri, 10-7. i cant help but see an opportunity and take it... i cant help wanting to get my art out there because i really truly believe im on to something worth while. maybe i was naive to think a print could change the way people see one each other. i dunno.

i respect and admire the work put into this community, ITS TOP NOTCH, if i need to reference a poster on the fly, this is the first place i look. you guys are really organized! :D

i also respect dan, he had an open mind and was willing to take a chance on my print and i do understand why people wont buy my print through him. BUT as long as the people like it, thats all that matters to me! i mean at least u can use it as your desktop right?! :lol:

take care!
philip
Im sure if you got cookiehead to sell them for you, they would sell out in a flash! :wink:
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Post by Molotov Man »

Mr. Opino wrote:been keepin busy, here are 2 new pieces i finished up over the week enjoy.
"yea word"
spray paint and black enamel on found wood panel.
collaboration with "relax"

:D
This piece will be in the group show at Andenken Gallery.
$500
PM me if you want to purchase.

Peace

MM
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

Dude,
props on supporting Phil! I always thought you were a stand up guy (Jim Abbott - thanks for the Hecox print) and I browse your site at least twice a week, I'm just waiting for the right piece to drop some loot.

PM me with whomever else is in that group show. I would buy this one, but it looks too tie-dye for me... and I hate hippies (I used to live in Durango - ironic I know)
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

Disclaimer: I don't edit my collections on here anymore. I prefer to be mysterious. Kind of like that burning sensation... Which one gifted me that?
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Post by Molotov Man »

JVB wrote:Dude,
props on supporting Phil! I always thought you were a stand up guy (Jim Abbott - thanks for the Hecox print) and I browse your site at least twice a week, I'm just waiting for the right piece to drop some loot.

PM me with whomever else is in that group show. I would buy this one, but it looks too tie-dye for me... and I hate hippies (I used to live in Durango - ironic I know)
Sorry this isn't a PM and thanks so much for the kind words, my mom would be proud :D

We have some BAST, a few from the board here: Sam: http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, Ian Millard: http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php ... rd#p233511" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;,
and some other Denver locals, Amanda Marie, John Fellows, Max, ect.
I will get some pics later this week.

Peace

PS. Jim Abbott is an amazing person and someone who I look up to.

MM
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Post by Molotov Man »

Philip is up on the store!

http://www.andenkenshop.com/servlet/the ... %22/Detail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

18x24 edition of 33 $55 shipped. This is the first print other than Ernesto's to have the "Hecho Con Ganas" chop, but by no means will it be the last. Website still is not up and running for orders so please pm me if you'd like one.
mention
Propaganda Engineer

Post by mention »

Very nice Phil. Just curious, is there any significance to the run size (33) of the last few prints?
Ernesto
Swindler

Post by Ernesto »

NEW PHILIP LUMBANG PRINT:

So as some of you may know me and Cookiehead are in the process of partnering up and making Hecho Con Ganas a publishing company where I will release most of my prints and prints that I like, prints of friends but above all prints of people that carry GANAS in their blood. To set it off the first print we will be releasing through Hecho Con Ganas that is not one of my own is this new PL print titled "Together". Here is the story Phil wrote to accompany this print thanks:

"Once upon a time. There was a bear, he wasn't the brightest bear around and was rather clumsy. One day he went into the forest to gather some food for his family and fell off a tree. Thats when he saw the bunny or rather, that's when the bunny saw him. She was a very kind and beautiful bunny. At first, they would just talk and have fun in the forest, till one day the bear got up enough courage to ask the bunny out. Courageous indeed, for they were too different from each other and the other animals in the forest may not accept them together but he didnt care and at the time she didn't either. The bunny was happy to say yes, and for the first time our clumsy little bear was truly happy; this is where our story begins... "- Philip Lumbang

Specs:
"Together"
Exactly 18x24
2 Color Black/Grass Green
Edition of 33 (30 available) 55USD Shipped
4 HPM (Hand Painted Multiples) on these we did not print the faces and phil then painted them in by hand like in his Mathematics print. (2 available) 105USD Shipped.

Please PM Cookiehead if your interested in purchasing. Thanks-E "Viva Las Ganas"

http://www.hechoconganas.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mr. Opino
Punk

Post by Mr. Opino »

mention wrote:Very nice Phil. Just curious, is there any significance to the run size (33) of the last few prints?
nothing too special... its just my favorite number lol.
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

Finished shipping these out, all the HPM's are gone still have a few of the prints available.
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

Just got my HPM... I love that he made my bear a panda!
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

battlered
Propaganda Engineer

Post by battlered »

JVB wrote:Just got my HPM... I love that he made my bear a panda!
Looks cool... got my HPM today too. My bear isn't a panda but I have a bunny with black spots and one black ear. I'll try and post a pic when I get some time. Thanks again to Philip and Cookiehead.
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

battlered wrote: Looks cool... got my HPM today too. My bear isn't a panda but I have a bunny with black spots and one black ear. I'll try and post a pic when I get some time. Thanks again to Philip and Cookiehead.
Sounds awesome, I'd love to see it!
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

JVB wrote:
battlered wrote: Looks cool... got my HPM today too. My bear isn't a panda but I have a bunny with black spots and one black ear. I'll try and post a pic when I get some time. Thanks again to Philip and Cookiehead.
It's in the post above you. :lol:
mention
Propaganda Engineer

Post by mention »

slidingaround wrote:
JVB wrote:

That's JVB's HPM!!!! :lol:
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

mention wrote:
slidingaround wrote:
JVB wrote:

That's JVB's HPM!!!! :lol:

:oops: :lol:
mention
Propaganda Engineer

Post by mention »

Here's mine. Can't wait to see what's droppin next!!! :mrgreen:

slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Thats cool.
JVB
Giant

Re:

Post by JVB »

slidingaround wrote:Thats cool.
+1
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

battlered
Propaganda Engineer

Post by battlered »

Here is my Together print

and just for kicks here is my Mathematics
Mr. Opino
Punk

Post by Mr. Opino »

since ive been kinda paranoid about the cops, ive been hitting up legal walls, 2 for now.

this really nice couple was generous enough to let me paint their front wall.

now this is the most recent one ive done! 15' tall x 30' wide! amazing wall to work with. it was the largest wall ive painted on, and i also introduced color and new characters! there may be a print based on this idea comming soon!

o btw im really glad you guys like the hpms of "together"

i need to start doing more of hpms. :D
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Cool stuff as always man. Thats a huge piece, how long did it take?
Mr. Opino
Punk

Re:

Post by Mr. Opino »

slidingaround wrote:Cool stuff as always man. Thats a huge piece, how long did it take?
took me about 3-4 hrs. the couple that owns the place got some pretty sweet time lapse of me painting.... cant wait till its up soo i can show it off =)