FAILE

Other Artists? We got 'em right here.
DZEL
Giant

Re:

Post by DZEL »

robotoil wrote:It's a nice looking print, but enough with the coffee splats. Getting old. Too lazy to find a coaster.

I'm not sure why Faile would want gallery representation at this point. They seem to be OK doing it all 'their way'. And, you get to keep all the money when you do it yourself.

Agreed
skoola
Giant

Re:

Post by skoola »

robotoil wrote:It's a nice looking print, but enough with the coffee splats. Getting old. Too lazy to find a coaster.

i agree. i've never understood the coffee stains
password
Giant

Re:

Post by password »

robotoil wrote:I'm not sure why Faile would want gallery representation at this point. They seem to be OK doing it all 'their way'. And, you get to keep all the money when you do it yourself.

Well, if they go with Gagosian, they could receive greater scope and depth of publicity, reach richer buyers at much higher prices, concentrate on creating art instead of slanging it, help to expand and "legitimize" the genre, etc.
Last edited by password on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
circa77
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by circa77 »

skoola wrote:

i agree. i've never understood the coffee stains

Coffee stains/splats have been used by artists since long before the Patricks ever picked up a paintbrush.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
sabeth
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by sabeth »

password wrote:
robotoil wrote:I'm not sure why Faile would want gallery representation at this point. They seem to be OK doing it all 'their way'. And, you get to keep all the money when you do it yourself.

Well, if they go with Gagosian, they could receive greater scope and depth of publicity, reach richer buyers at much higher prices, concentrate on creating art instead of slanging it, help to expand and "legitimize" the genre, etc.

i agree. there are a lot of pluses to returning to the loving embrace of the gallery system, both for artists and for collectors like us. street cred only gets you so far.
Instagram: @carnagenyc
Carnage NYC
rhinomilk
Propaganda Engineer

Post by rhinomilk »

i wish Faile took a route more like Shep... y'know, affordable. but then again, i guess w/o Laz they might not have built up a collector base like they have now so fast.
circa77
Giant

Re: FAILE

Post by circa77 »

thetruth55 wrote:
On another note, there is some sort of star pattern underneath the white acrylic on the shoulder of the fighter on the left. Anybody know what this might be? A background screen from another image? Or is it that this fighter is going to be "seeing stars" after the hook he is about to take on the chin?? ;)

weird. mine doesn't have the stars on that boxer's shoulder, but rather on the other boxer's leg.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
xpc
Swindler

Post by xpc »

Must be sprinkled on and painted over.
slidingaround
Giant

Re:

Post by slidingaround »

xpc wrote:Must be sprinkled on and painted over.

looks embossed!
thetruth55
Propaganda Engineer

Post by thetruth55 »

regarding the stars, i'm guessing that this is part of the image from the white silkscreen that i was told went over the white paint, before the blue and black screens got put down. pretty cool layering effect.
JErikR
Giant

Post by JErikR »

And couldn't find any stars on my end.
JErikR
daanmuller
Posse

Post by daanmuller »

Mine arrived in good shape today. BIG tube for the printsize. Very very nice, now if I only had some money left to get it a nice framejob sometime soon. Everytime I think 'lets get this and that framed' some new print comes up that I just have to have.

Art by Daan - My artblog
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

daanmuller wrote:Everytime I think 'lets get this and that framed' some new print comes up that I just have to have.
Reverend ToneZone
Giant

Post by Reverend ToneZone »

slidingaround wrote:
daanmuller wrote:Everytime I think 'lets get this and that framed' some new print comes up that I just have to have.

This is exactly the reason why framing is my new favorite hobby. :wink:
Check out the collection, wants, trades, and feedback . . .
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=8633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong." -George Carlin R.I.P.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

So TRUE!!! Thanks for the new sig... :D
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
anodyne13
Grumpy Old Man

Post by anodyne13 »

So I got my Faile today. Somehow it arrived in great condition despite being only rolled in the equivelent of tissue paper. Looks great, lots of stains some hair even a fingerprint, all and all a dirty little print. I was checking out a "star" when I decided to hold the print up to the light, and I was suprised to see what I suppose was the first screen - a bunch of stars and little sad floating ghost dogs of some sort. I tried to take some pictures.....

mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

Those are the mascots of the artist Pure Evil.

Reverend ToneZone
Giant

djemar wrote:
Reverend ToneZone wrote:I'm in New York until next week, I'm probably gonna hit up Brooklyn tomorrow with my camera to go Faile hunting . . . any good spots you know of? I hear Williamsburg and Bushwick are a good place to start . . . Thanks.

If you are looking for Faile, W'burg is definitely the place. The area bordered by Broadway and N. 8th and Bedford and Kent would be your best bet (N.5th and 6th between Bedford and Wythe, specifically)

Also, there's some great new Invader and Dain pieces on Bedford outside Spoonbill. New Dain outside Ad Hoc in Bushwick.

Thanks. I'm gonna try and make it over there in a little while. Anyone know where their studio is by any chance?
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=8633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong." -George Carlin R.I.P.
djemar
Posse

Post by djemar »

pm'd.

was driving around w'burg yesterday and noticed a couple big nick walkers. one is on the studio building at the corner of metropolitan and driggs.
Reverend ToneZone
Giant

Re:

djemar wrote:pm'd.

was driving around w'burg yesterday and noticed a couple big nick walkers. one is on the studio building at the corner of metropolitan and driggs.

Thanks for the info! I'll post pics when I get back home to Cali. :D

bboygraphix
Giant

Post by bboygraphix »

nice! i didn't even look for those details before she went to the framers...
"I don't know how to play chess, but life is a chess game for me." - MBW (haha!)
"When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down"
my design portfolio
online reef tank profiles and marine aquarium blogs
80's BMX bikes
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Re:

Post by mose »

same reason people use a real estate agent instead of selling their home on their own. Convenience, connections, experience, and better $$$$.
JErikR
Giant

Post by JErikR »

I did the light trick on mine and found stars and pure evil dogs as well.
JErikR
linocut
Punk

Post by linocut »

Reverend ToneZone wrote:
djemar wrote:
Reverend ToneZone wrote:I'm in New York until next week, I'm probably gonna hit up Brooklyn tomorrow with my camera to go Faile hunting . . . any good spots you know of? I hear Williamsburg and Bushwick are a good place to start . . . Thanks.

If you are looking for Faile, W'burg is definitely the place. The area bordered by Broadway and N. 8th and Bedford and Kent would be your best bet (N.5th and 6th between Bedford and Wythe, specifically)

Also, there's some great new Invader and Dain pieces on Bedford outside Spoonbill. New Dain outside Ad Hoc in Bushwick.

Thanks. I'm gonna try and make it over there in a little while. Anyone know where their studio is by any chance?

go to the corner of N9th and wythe for some good faile/borf action. They hit up two large warehouse buildings in that intersection. One of them being the exterior freight elevator to my building. The thing was just buffed a few weeks ago...and I was sad to see the gaia and WK interact pieces get removed...but it was nice to see faile take some quick action on my building soon after!
DunDun
Giant

Re:

Post by DunDun »

JErikR wrote:I did the light trick on mine and found stars and pure evil dogs as well.

Anyone have any ideas on how to frame this print to show off these details? Just curious, as I would really like to be able to display the print with the details showing...thanks.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.