Cleon Peterson

Other Artists? We got 'em right here.
cerebus
Posse

Post by cerebus »

There interview with this guy in the February Juxtapoz explains his work a little better, but I don't have the article to hand.
rhinomilk
Propaganda Engineer

Post by rhinomilk »

i like this series. i wish he had more work to show (does he?)
slidingaround
Giant

Re: Cleon Peterson

Post by slidingaround »

Is anyone actually gonna buy this?
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

I'm sure someone will . In fact i'd bet my fish tank they will. Just not me or most people on this thread so far lol.
thesima
Swindler

Post by thesima »

not down with this either....looks like im gonna grab the dalek on metroparks this week instead
armcurl
Punk

Post by armcurl »

A little cheesed off that Shep has 38 to sell today (Feb 5th). I bought one of these a month ago from NIA - and let's just say my edition number is higher than 62...
Which kind of means that - assuming Shep's are consecutive numbers - people buying the print a month later than me will more than likely end up with lower numbers. I only ever buy prints for my own wall and not to sell on, and now I feel like I'm being penalised for being an 'early adopter' :(
cybernigel
Giant

Re: cleon peterson

Post by cybernigel »

James Reeves wrote:Here's a pic of Cleon...

:shock:

Glad to see he's doing well.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
shawndoc
Posse

Post by shawndoc »

I'm going to laugh if this sells out in typical OG fashion, yet the print remains available to purchase at New Image's website.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

armcurl wrote:A little cheesed off that Shep has 38 to sell today (Feb 5th). I bought one of these a month ago from NIA - and let's just say my edition number is higher than 62...
Which kind of means that - assuming Shep's are consecutive numbers - people buying the print a month later than me will more than likely end up with lower numbers. I only ever buy prints for my own wall and not to sell on, and now I feel like I'm being penalised for being an 'early adopter' :(

who cares what the print numbers are? did you buy it because of the print number or because you liked the print? that's an awfully petty thing to get upset about.
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Re:

Post by MrMurk »

thesima wrote:not down with this either....looks like im gonna grab the dalek on metroparks this week instead

I picked one of those up and the printing quality was horrible, I sent it back. I strongly suggest not buying that print. Just my .02
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
armcurl
Punk

Post by armcurl »

fribhey wrote:who cares what the print numbers are? did you buy it because of the print number or because you liked the print? that's an awfully petty thing to get upset about.

I bought it because I liked it of course - is there any other reason?
That said, any real collector of prints would be telling big fat porkies if they said they didn't care about the edition number. In my experience, most people care what their print number is.
thesima
Swindler

Re: Re:

Post by thesima »

MrMurk wrote:
thesima wrote:not down with this either....looks like im gonna grab the dalek on metroparks this week instead

I picked one of those up and the printing quality was horrible, I sent it back. I strongly suggest not buying that print. Just my .02

durn! mr murk! i put the order in before reading your comment. i guess i will take a look at it and see if it looks ok. if not, were they fine with you returning the print for full refund???
ritedere
Giant

Post by ritedere »

armcurl wrote:That said, any real collector of prints would be telling big fat porkies if they said they didn't care about the edition number. In my experience, most people care what their print number is.

Unless it's #1 (maybe #2 or #3), or a number holding some personal value to a person, I don't know anyone who really cares what # they have.
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

Well Metropark says they dont refund artwork. I sent them a nice email saying how I thought the print was poorly printed and had been rolled for too long and tight making the ink rub off. I mentioned that this product was not up to par for them to be selling anyway and they sent me the return label. Basically, you might get a print in good shape or not. I had a print that was rolled too tight and creased, had sloppy printing/lines on the image, etc. Sucks too because its a great image.

armcurl
Punk

Post by armcurl »

ritedere wrote:Unless it's #1 (maybe #2 or #3), or a number holding some personal value to a person, I don't know anyone who really cares what # they have.

The artist (or their representative) generally keeps #1. Top 10 is good. So is #23 :wink:
thesima
Swindler

Re:

Post by thesima »

MrMurk wrote:Well Metropark says they dont refund artwork. I sent them a nice email saying how I thought the print was poorly printed and had been rolled for too long and tight making the ink rub off. I mentioned that this product was not up to par for them to be selling anyway and they sent me the return label. Basically, you might get a print in good shape or not. I had a print that was rolled too tight and creased, had sloppy printing/lines on the image, etc. Sucks too because its a great image.

hopefully they dont send me your print!!!!! LOL what number was it???
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

armcurl wrote:
ritedere wrote:Unless it's #1 (maybe #2 or #3), or a number holding some personal value to a person, I don't know anyone who really cares what # they have.

The artist (or their representative) generally keeps #1. Top 10 is good. So is #23 :wink:

low numbers only matter if you're a phish fan. just sayin.
on point like a decimalist?
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Re: Re:

Post by MrMurk »

thesima wrote:
MrMurk wrote:Well Metropark says they dont refund artwork. I sent them a nice email saying how I thought the print was poorly printed and had been rolled for too long and tight making the ink rub off. I mentioned that this product was not up to par for them to be selling anyway and they sent me the return label. Basically, you might get a print in good shape or not. I had a print that was rolled too tight and creased, had sloppy printing/lines on the image, etc. Sucks too because its a great image.

hopefully they dont send me your print!!!!! LOL what number was it???

hahah - I dont remember but I think it was in the 60's- Good luck mang!

thesima
Swindler

Post by thesima »

k thanks i'll let you know! With the vibrant colors on this print it would really suck if ink was messed up
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

armcurl wrote:any real collector of prints would be telling big fat porkies if they said they didn't care about the edition number. In my experience, most people care what their print number is.

i guess then i'm not a real collector because i don't care. the only thing i care about is that the print arrives undamaged. my heart dropped when my banksy trolleys arrived and i had to deal with sending it back, it all worked out in the end but it's still a nerve racking thing to deal with. i have a hecox that's numbered below 10 but it doesn't make me like the print any more or less.

people just want to feel special (a long with justifying their purchases) so they convince themselves that low numbered prints or AP prints are better then other identical prints with higher numbers.
armcurl
Punk

Post by armcurl »

whyhoo wrote:low numbers only matter if you're a phish fan. just sayin.

No idea what that might be.
But anyway, I guess numbers don't matter so much with mass appeal stuff like Shep. When 250 prints sell in a minute, numbers mean nish. Elsewhere, with slower burning artists, a low number generally reflects an early purchase: by way of example there might six months or more between the sale dates of a Banksy Weston Supermare #5 and a #65 despite being £70 a pop(compare this to more recent works by the same artist: snapped up in an instant by resellers and city boys). A low number hanging on your wall traditionally suggests an early interest and hence greater kudos.
Cleon will sell a lot of prints this week purely because they're on sale via obeygiant: the Shep fanboys and eBay resellers will lap 'em up. Since I bought mine direct, purely as a result of liking the artist - it would be nice if that earlier, *genuine* interest could be reflected in an early edition number on my wall. S'all.

...and what *is* a 'phish' ?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

armcurl wrote:A low number hanging on your wall traditionally suggests an early interest and hence greater kudos.

so now you admit it means nothing other then you feeling special.... which has nothing to do with being a serious collector. having a low number is not going to win you any extra cool points. i don't buy art to get greater kudos, that comment alone makes you seem like you treat art as a status symbol which goes against the entire meaning of street art.

thanks for proving my point.
rhombus_77
Giant

Post by rhombus_77 »

armcurl wrote:
...and what *is* a 'phish' ?

That is a Phish.
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

armcurl wrote:

Well it's not far wrong. I mean i paid extra for number 1 Walrus boy print.
Turns out it was the copy Amp had given to Beejoir who then donated it to his friend who sold it to me. :)

Well maybe Beejoir did'nt like it? :roll:

Good thing i do.

Oh and as for phish, i love it's food.

skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

Dizzyegg05 wrote:Turns out it was the copy Amp had given to Beejoir who then donated it to his friend who sold it to me. :)

it always cracks me up when artists' friends think so highly of the work given to them that they turn around and sell it