Weird Edition of Let Fury Have the Hour (Book)?

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
Gmoney
Punk

Weird Edition of Let Fury Have the Hour (Book)?

Post by Gmoney »

Between 2010 and 2015 I worked at a local Atlanta radio station and one of the things that came in the mail one day was the fantastic Let Fury Have the Hour book cover print. Since the program director and management did not claim it for use at the station, I enthusiastically laid claim to it. It has sat in a poster tube for several years now and I took it out to queue it up to get it framed and started doing some research. The edition must have been some sort of promotional version because while the signature in the bottom right hand corner appears to be from D'Ambrosio it is NOT number in the regular 450 edition that I see listed everywhere.

I can send a picture if that's helpful. Just trying to figure out what it is.

G
cybernigel
Giant

Re: Weird Edition of Let Fury Have the Hour (Book)?

Post by cybernigel »

Gmoney wrote:Between 2010 and 2015 I worked at a local Atlanta radio station and one of the things that came in the mail one day was the fantastic Let Fury Have the Hour book cover print. Since the program director and management did not claim it for use at the station, I enthusiastically laid claim to it. It has sat in a poster tube for several years now and I took it out to queue it up to get it framed and started doing some research. The edition must have been some sort of promotional version because while the signature in the bottom right hand corner appears to be from D'Ambrosio it is NOT number in the regular 450 edition that I see listed everywhere.

I can send a picture if that's helpful. Just trying to figure out what it is.

G
Welcome! Is the poster tube from D'Ambrosio and not Obey Giant? I think you are on to something about it being a promo item since it is not also signed by Shep like the 450 run was. Maybe D'Ambrosio was given some unsigned prints that he signed and sent out to help boost his documentary? Keep the tube for provenance.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
chuckkeppler
Swindler

Post by chuckkeppler »

post a pic of it if you can
Gmoney
Punk

Post by Gmoney »

OK, I will try to post some pictures. And, unfortunately, I don't have the original photo tube it came in.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

Alright, here are a couple photos of the print so the mystery is solved as to what it is but what do people think of the signature??

hexterb
Propaganda Engineer

Post by hexterb »

I have no idea how to post pictures any more but I found a sample of Antonio D'Ambrosio's signature and this looks pretty spot on. https://soldart.com/shop/shepard-fairey ... een-print/
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer

Post by no1gdman »

hexterb wrote:I have no idea how to post pictures any more but I found a sample of Antonio D'Ambrosio's signature and this looks pretty spot on. https://soldart.com/shop/shepard-fairey ... een-print/
I'd say you are correct
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

Mystery solved!!
Gmoney
Punk

Post by Gmoney »

Thank you everyone for solving the mystery.

Gary