A quick note about getting Shepard to sign stuff

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
rhinomilk
Propaganda Engineer

Post by rhinomilk »

maybe he doesn't want to be hounded to sign obama pasters for the rest of his life. anyways, sounds like a good idea
djsp
Giant

Re: A quick note about getting Shepard to sign stuff

Post by djsp »

rhombus_77 wrote:So I can count NOT having my BLK MRKT/Deadly or Glasses signed. Bummer. :cry:

Why not? Are they bootlegs?
rhombus_77
Giant

Post by rhombus_77 »

djsp wrote:
rhombus_77 wrote:So I can count NOT having my BLK MRKT/Deadly or Glasses signed. Bummer. :cry:

Highly unlikely, but they were bought off ebay. No authentication.
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

rhombus_77 wrote:
djsp wrote:

I bet you can get it done. I could be wrong. I think this is just to stop all the Obama madness.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Re:

Post by Patillac13 »

password wrote:Does Shep ever do sketches or doodles (not the ones in the toilet kind)? Anyone ever get one or seen a pic of one?

I don't think so... the most I've ever seen was writing out who the print is going to... like "To: Campi" down on the bottom (centered between the edition number and the signature). I'd love to get something personalized like that with my name one day... but I don't know that I'll ever meet him (I hope I do, though).
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
Bobak
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Bobak »

I've also wondered if he would personalize a print if I brought him one. At the same time it would be funny if I got it to say something ludicrous like "Bobak, thanks for the advice, that star logo really did work, Shep" :P
kingburdy
Obey Addict

Post by kingburdy »

Im glad hes put his foot down.All these leaches that get stuff signed by the boatfull and then flip it for profit or maybe to make their collection some how seem better than other collections. Uknow the egotistical douches of the world who think they are better than other people because of what they have,own or daddy gives them. If you appreciate what this guy is doing than you would leave the art in the condition it is in when you receive it from OG or wherever. Don't water down the market by taking advantage of a humble artist for his signature and then not even keeping the art you have him sign.

My brothers an artist and I watch him struggle with his fans also. He wants to please them all, but not all deserved to be pleased. But he always hooks up these people anyways. Not because he is a sucker but because he is dedicated to making peoples lives better through his art. I don't like watching my brother get taken advantage of and would love to see him be more aware that people just want to do just that. I think Shep should be more discriminating about what he signs it just makes sense!
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Re: Re:

Post by MrMurk »

Patillac13 wrote:
password wrote:Does Shep ever do sketches or doodles (not the ones in the toilet kind)? Anyone ever get one or seen a pic of one?

I don't think so... the most I've ever seen was writing out who the print is going to... like "To: Campi" down on the bottom (centered between the edition number and the signature). I'd love to get something personalized like that with my name one day... but I don't know that I'll ever meet him (I hope I do, though).

I asked him to personalize my S+D and he did with "Will - Keep on rockin in the semi-free world!"
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

MrMurk wrote:
Patillac13 wrote:

I asked him to personalize my S+D and he did with "Will - Keep on rockin in the semi-free world!"

That's funny. When I flew out to L.A. and met with Shepard, Jason and the SNO crew a couple of years ago, I brought along a copy of S+D with me. It belonged to one of the art directors in my group and had been given to him by his copywriter partner, unsigned, as a Christmas gift. The art director was a huge OG fan-- the philosophy and what Shepard had been able to do, even though he didn't own any prints. So I lugged his heavyass copy of the book out to L.A. and back, and put it in front of Shepard in between. It came back "Jose, Keep on rockin in the semi-free world!"
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
scud80
Disposable Assassin

Post by scud80 »

well, he almost has to have some stock inscriptions with the number of times he writes them. i'll have to look and see if mine says that hehe. i'm pretty sure he'll personalize anything if you ask.
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

Aw man!! I thought I hit the jackpotz.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

He personalized a bunch of Rose Girl prints in DC. At least he knows those prints ain't getting flipped. lol
Submit. Rapture.
jwaddle
Posse

Post by jwaddle »

djsp wrote:
rhombus_77 wrote:
djsp wrote:

I bet you can get it done. I could be wrong. I think this is just to stop all the Obama madness.

Kozik printed Glasses and he has reprinted many of his own previously limited edition serigraphs from the past without numbers, just signatures. :cry: It is not unlikely that he may have reprinted some of the Glasses prints also. I don't know but if he reprints his own what would stop him from reprinting Shepard's if he still has the screens? With all of the variations of his smokin' labbits that he is cranking out for Kidrobot it seems pretty obvious that with him it's all about the $$$$. :roll: Smokin' Labbits = Beanie babies = Pokimon Cards = Pogs = Pet Rocks = Rubik Cubes, well, you get the idea.
Jerry @ Ducky Waddle's Emporium
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

jwaddle wrote:
djsp wrote:
rhombus_77 wrote:
djsp wrote:

Kozik printed Glasses and he has reprinted many of his own previously limited edition serigraphs from the past without numbers, just signatures. :cry: It is not unlikely that he may have reprinted some of the Glasses prints also. I don't know but if he reprints his own what would stop him from reprinting Shepard's if he still has the screens? With all of the variations of his smokin' labbits that he is cranking out for Kidrobot it seems pretty obvious that with him it's all about the $$$$. :roll: Smokin' Labbits = Beanie babies = Pokimon Cards = Pogs = Pet Rocks = Rubik Cubes, well, you get the idea.

You could say that about anyone designing Vinyl toys. Look at Dunny's. Same old names every series.
password
Giant

Post by password »

I wonder if Shep would mind signing this one: http://www.hoscopress.com/
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

jwaddle wrote:
djsp wrote:
rhombus_77 wrote:
djsp wrote:

Im pretty sure he made new screens when re-printing his Green Lady and Sharon tate images. It was years ago, but I remember he printed them at Diesel Fuel Prints and know he posted pics of the colors being laid down and I was under the impression he was using new screens.
I know nothing about screenprinting so maybe this isnt even plausible.
"Think about it: Andre drank 119 beers in six hours. Thats a beer every three minutes, non-stop. That's beyond epic. It's beyond the ken of mortal men. It's god-like."
-Modern Drunkard Magazine Sept/ Oct 2006
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

Jerry's right; this isn't just about the Obama madness, it's about a printer who was bootlegging prints (not Kozik, but Glasses is a problem child print).

Just beware of signature-free prints and you'll be fine.

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

Bonesy wrote:
jwaddle wrote:
djsp wrote:
rhombus_77 wrote:
djsp wrote:

Im pretty sure he made new screens when re-printing his Green Lady and Sharon tate images. It was years ago, but I remember he printed them at Diesel Fuel Prints and know he posted pics of the colors being laid down and I was under the impression he was using new screens.
I know nothing about screenprinting so maybe this isnt even plausible.

Jamessmith77
Posse

Post by Jamessmith77 »

That looks awesome.
djsp
Giant

Re:

Post by djsp »

admonkey wrote:Jerry's right; this isn't just about the Obama madness, it's about a printer who was bootlegging prints (not Kozik, but Glasses is a problem child print).

Just beware of signature-free prints and you'll be fine.

Well I guess you could be right, but his reaction time is pretty slow then huh? :lol:

I mean this is the same guy that signed old Obey while telling Leo it wasn't authorized. He has signed quite a few questionable items in the past. I think he just got sick of people taking advantage of his good nature. But this is just me guessing of course.
libertarian
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by libertarian »

password wrote:I wonder if Shep would mind signing this one: http://www.hoscopress.com/

I'm sure he won't but it would be cool and speak to his sense of humor if he did!
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

stickee wrote:
tlh1005 wrote:this new policy has my blessing 100%
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

robotoil wrote:
stickee wrote:
tlh1005 wrote:this new policy has my blessing 100%

I heard he wouldn't even sign the memo about the new policy.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
stickertraders
Swindler

Post by stickertraders »

Note to self, have my wife push bootlegs in front of him

http://stickertraders.com (Trade Stickers with the World)
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

HA!

The Mad Monkey Campaign.