Paper for painting

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
submethod
Giant

Paper for painting

Post by submethod »

Can anyone recommend a good fine art paper to spray paint on? I heard Arch is really good.
comiconart
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Paper for painting

Post by comiconart »

I think you mean Arches Watercolor paper. That is good...so is Rives BFK (printmaking paper)
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

comiconart wrote:I think you mean Arches Watercolor paper. That is good...so is Rives BFK (printmaking paper)
I think the latter is what everyone is telling me to use.
slugwater
Swindler

Post by slugwater »

I would recommend Stonehenge or Strathmore Bristol papers. The stonehenge paper is cottony and spraypaint soaks into it really well. The Strathmore Bristol paper has some velum in it which keeps the spraypaint on the surface of the paper and preserves the sheen of the paint. The strathmore paper comes in different thicknesses depending on which series of paper you buy. Both papers are offered in the standard 22x30 size sheets. - Ian (IansPrints.com)
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

slugwater wrote:I would recommend Stonehenge or Strathmore Bristol papers. The stonehenge paper is cottony and spraypaint soaks into it really well. The Strathmore Bristol paper has some velum in it which keeps the spraypaint on the surface of the paper and preserves the sheen of the paint. The strathmore paper comes in different thicknesses depending on which series of paper you buy. Both papers are offered in the standard 22x30 size sheets. - Ian (IansPrints.com)
I know 2 cent uses Stonehenge 250gsm 100% cotton archival paper.
What do Shepard and Banksy use?
SAMSAM
Punk

Post by SAMSAM »

I think Coventry is the paper of choice for those guys. There's a heavier weight stonehenge as well.