Need framer recommendations in SD area

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
Jasperli
Swindler

Need framer recommendations in SD area

Post by Jasperli »

I am looking for recommendations on framers in the San Diego area. Any help would be appreciated!
ll_coolray
Posse

Re: Need framer recommendations in SD area

Post by ll_coolray »

I could use a recommendation as well! Hoping to frame the kitty with respect
CDUB
Punk

Post by CDUB »

Jasperli wrote:I am looking for recommendations on framers in the San Diego area. Any help would be appreciated!
+1. I could use the recommendation too.
koin
Punk

Post by koin »

What is the sudden need for framers in the SD area for so many people at the same time!! But that being said, it is difficult to find good framers these days and you’ll be lucky to find someone soon – I had to wait for a few months till I found someone whom I liked and really knew their job!!

Last edited by koin on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
wesgreen
Punk

Post by wesgreen »

I like Dove Framers on Morena Blvd. They know about every artist that I have brought in there, and respect the art more importantly. They have every frame possible and decent prices. What ever you do don't use Aztec framers in PB. I had a Choe, & a Dolk framed there, & when I removed them for sale they had pencil marks transferred from the matt. I took them in & they started erasing it with fury! They used non-archival tape which the lady started to just tear up the print like it was just a college dorm room poster! Man I hate that place!
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

wesgreen wrote:I like Dove Framers on Morena Blvd. They know about every artist that I have brought in there, and respect the art more importantly. They have every frame possible and decent prices. What ever you do don't use Aztec framers in PB. I had a Choe, & a Dolk framed there, & when I removed them for sale they had pencil marks transferred from the matt. I took them in & they started erasing it with fury! They used non-archival tape which the lady started to just tear up the print like it was just a college dorm room poster! Man I hate that place!
Lol Aztec Framers is a joke! I buy all my custom frames at La Jolla frame at Kobe's Swap meet then frame it properly myself, prices are super cheap and tons of choices. They use standard glass and cardboard backing but I jus put acid free paper for a backing and use a matte or spacers to avoid the art touching the glass. One great thing about living in SD is u really don't have to worry about high humidity so much. Or if u need standard sizes goto Arron Brothers