MAC Photoshop Question

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
MarshMan65
Propaganda Engineer

MAC Photoshop Question

Post by MarshMan65 »

What is the best kind of Photo editing or illustrator program to get for mac? I want to start publishing my work but it needs a-lot of polishing!! I need a software that will allow me to edit the colors and allow me to draw or erase on my existing images.....Any suggestions?
"save a pretzel for the gas jets!"
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: MAC Photoshop Question

Post by conartstudio »

MarshMan65 wrote:What is the best kind of Photo editing or illustrator program to get for mac? I want to start publishing my work but it needs a-lot of polishing!! I need a software that will allow me to edit the colors and allow me to draw or erase on my existing images.....Any suggestions?
If you can't afford the full version of photoshop then look into photoshop elements (full version come free with toast 11 pro or can be bought for $80-100) OR pixelmator:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopel/
http://www.pixelmator.com/
MarshMan65
Propaganda Engineer

Post by MarshMan65 »

fribhey wrote:
MarshMan65 wrote:What is the best kind of Photo editing or illustrator program to get for mac? I want to start publishing my work but it needs a-lot of polishing!! I need a software that will allow me to edit the colors and allow me to draw or erase on my existing images.....Any suggestions?
If you can't afford the full version of photoshop then look into photoshop elements (full version come free with toast 11 pro or can be bought for $80-100) OR pixelmator:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopel/
http://www.pixelmator.com/
Thanks!
"save a pretzel for the gas jets!"
Chloe
Punk

Post by Chloe »

I do not think that there is any other photo editing software better than Adobe photoshop elements when it comes to mac. After all, they are the first in the top ten lists and they are not pricey as its competitors as well. Just go for elements and not the Pro version.
Any reviews on tracecommunications.com ?
brinkmwj
Punk

Post by brinkmwj »

I use the Gimp (which is free and open source) for photo-editing on the Mac (and for making stencils).It is enough different from Photoshop, though, that if you already know how to use photoshop you may find it a bit frustrating.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Photoshop AND Illustrator is a must.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Chloe wrote:I do not think that there is any other photo editing software better than Adobe photoshop elements when it comes to mac. After all, they are the first in the top ten lists and they are not pricey as its competitors as well. Just go for elements and not the Pro version.
There's a difference between photo editing and photo manipulation.

As far as just photo editing goes, especially when it comes to raw photos, both lightroom and aperture are better than elements - aperture can be bought for $79 via the Mac app store. As far as photo manipulation goes, photoshop pro is the only way to go.
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

fribhey wrote: There's a difference between photo editing and photo manipulation.

As far as just photo editing goes, especially when it comes to raw photos, both lightroom and aperture are better than elements - aperture can be bought for $79 via the Mac app store. As far as photo manipulation goes, photoshop pro is the only way to go.
QFT