Sending Prints Overseas from the US

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
swellstylez
Posse

Sending Prints Overseas from the US

Post by swellstylez »

I have never sent prints overseas before. I have some interested parties wanting me to send overseas and I wanted to ask advice as I know many do this with success. I went to FedEx today and they told me they wold only insure a print up to $1000. My prints are worth are more then that. I will go to UPS tomorrow to investigate but want to hear from anyone with good advice. Thank you.
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Re: Sending Prints Overseas from the US

Post by illyanadmc »

i'd go with USPS express int'l - you can insure up to $5000, and the package will be very well tracked and delivered quickly.
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

That's good advice. You can use USPS Priority Mail Int'l ... but it does not really offer tracking. You only get a Customs Declaration # which only helps while print is in the US and not once it flies out. But it is cheaper than Express Int'l.
swellstylez
Posse

Post by swellstylez »

Thank you all. I always appreciate all the great knowledge here. I will read though the thread listed above.

One more question as it relates to anything being shipped through Paypal. Is it true that you can only ship to the person's address listed on the Paypal account? If they ask you to ship to a different address, are you covered if something should happen?
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

swellstylez wrote:Thank you all. I always appreciate all the great knowledge here. I will read though the thread listed above.

One more question as it relates to anything being shipped through Paypal. Is it true that you can only ship to the person's address listed on the Paypal account? If they ask you to ship to a different address, are you covered if something should happen?
Paypal is weird. I've been ruled against and ruled for with no consistency. They say you have to ship to the addy that they give you to be protected, but I've been burned before even when I did that(this was YEARS ago though and paypal has undergone a few changes since then). There is a little disclaimer that says you must ship to this addy to be eligible for protection. That will be the addy they send the payment to you from. You can always try to get them to send it as a gift, but then they're not protected. Paypal sucks hard.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
Chloe
Punk

Post by Chloe »

Well, from my personal experience, I have found out that USPS express is by far the safest and quickest of them all. There is also the feature of insuring (which in my experience hadn’t been a necessity, as a matter of fact). The tracking and all is very much accurate.
Any reviews on tracecommunications.com ?
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

usps express...
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
jachapma
Punk

Post by jachapma »

Thanks for all the info. Sending my first round of tubes out today. Was going to go FedEx, but y'all just changed my mind.