Legit or not: Hello My Name is Andre the Giant

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
pennylesspig
Propaganda Engineer

Legit or not: Hello My Name is Andre the Giant

Post by pennylesspig »

I found this sticker and I can't tell if it's real or not.

Does anyone have one of these that they know are real? If so, how does this one compare to yours?
Feel free to chime in with your thoughts.
Thanks guys.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: Legit or not: Hello My Name is Andre the Giant

Post by conartstudio »

Looks like a real "hello my name is" andre sticker to me.
peacepig
Punk

Post by peacepig »

conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

there are differences between the one on the bay and the red one above. the one on the bay has cut rounded corners and the one above looks like the backing has squared corners. there's also a difference in the font of HELLO my name is, the one of the bay is bold and has less space between "HELLO" and "my name is"

i know the blue and yellow ones are legit. is the red one a vinyl sticker like all other obey stickers or actually printed on a "hello my name is" sticker?

where's halopigg? he's the sticker guru who may know.
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

Looks real enough. The edges were just not cut. That's my take.
Up until recently where everyone is vying to become the sticker king, most of these stickers weren't even worth the time and money it would take to bootleg them.
Optimus Rabbit
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Optimus Rabbit »

I'd like to know if perhaps it's too legit? Too legit... to quit?
hundreddollarhorse
Propaganda Engineer

Post by hundreddollarhorse »

Legit or not, its pretty cool
pennylesspig
Propaganda Engineer

Post by pennylesspig »

fribhey wrote:there are differences between the one on the bay and the red one above. the one on the bay has cut rounded corners and the one above looks like the backing has squared corners. there's also a difference in the font of HELLO my name is, the one of the bay is bold and has less space between "HELLO" and "my name is"

i know the blue and yellow ones are legit. is the red one a vinyl sticker like all other obey stickers or actually printed on a "hello my name is" sticker?

I have a yellow one on vinyl sticker so I was able to compare it to this one. Like you mentioned, there are subtle differences in the font. Also this one is not on vinyl sticker. I think I've seen pictures of this sticker stuck up on the street and they looked like they were printed on regular sticker as well, not on vinyl. I'm just going to assume it's real then. Thanks everyone.
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

Oh it is not even on vinyl? Strange. Could just be a sticker used for the streets.
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

fribhey wrote:there are differences between the one on the bay and the red one above. the one on the bay has cut rounded corners and the one above looks like the backing has squared corners. there's also a difference in the font of HELLO my name is, the one of the bay is bold and has less space between "HELLO" and "my name is"

photo is gone. Got another one?
Who's got my old stickers?
kristen
Punk

Post by kristen »

Yup Photo is gone now, No image available. But its really cool....Legit or Not..
Sunday1975
Punk

Post by Sunday1975 »

I have both the blue and the red "Hello" stickers. The red one dates back to 1994/95ish- I have one stuck to a notebook of mine. It's a vinyl sticker, but not hand screened if I recall correctly.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Sunday1975 wrote:

I have both the blue and the red "Hello" stickers. The red one dates back to 1994/95ish- I have one stuck to a notebook of mine. It's a vinyl sticker, but not hand screened if I recall correctly.
I have them as well. My comment was about a specific version of the red one that the original poster posted a photo of that looked a little off, unfortunately the photo is no longer available.