How many prints can you send safely in a tube

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
I have five Band of Horses concert posters I am going to send to have signed. They are limited editions that are similar in paper consistency to most of the OG prints I have. Is there a limit on the number of prints I should send in a 3 inch tube? The most I ever received in a tube was 3 with the Venice pattern.

Of note, the prints are different sizes. Thanks in advance for the help.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Hmmmm. It's easy to mis-handle a stack like that and crease them a little if the person rolling them doesn't watch out (like on their end, they could crease them by gripping too tight, etc). Is that a big concern for you?

Side note: I've been listening to Band of Horses a lot lately... super good.
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

I wouldn't put more than 3 in a 3" tube... But it also depends on the size of the prints, the larger the print the less prints you can roll together. For 5 prints of unknown sizes I would get a 4" or larger tube. Of you try to cram 5 prints into a 3" tube they will get damaged because you will have to roll them very tightly and they will get damaged again when they send them back.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

I recently got 4 in one tube from a forum member and they were fine. I think that each was even separated by brown paper which is even more mass in there. But I'd get them out of the tube as soon as they're received.

Edit: All were 18x24 prints.
You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
~Malcolm X
Wheels
Posse

Patillac13 wrote:Hmmmm. It's easy to mis-handle a stack like that and crease them a little if the person rolling them doesn't watch out (like on their end, they could crease them by gripping too tight, etc). Is that a big concern for you?

Side note: I've been listening to Band of Horses a lot lately... super good.

My wife's cousin is the drummer in BOH. The just rolled through town and put on a hell of a concert on three days notice.

I think I may include a not on how to roll prints when I send them....I didn't think about the fact they would probably have no diea how to roll them. Thanks for the tip
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

fribhey wrote:I wouldn't put more than 3 in a 3" tube... But it also depends on the size of the prints, the larger the print the less prints you can roll together. For 5 prints of unknown sizes I would get a 4" or larger tube. Of you try to cram 5 prints into a 3" tube they will get damaged because you will have to roll them very tightly and they will get damaged again when they send them back.

I think I will send the three 18x24 in one tube and the long, narrow two in another. At least if they come back a little dinged, I will know its not because of my own stipidity. I remember seeing ebay listings where people said they would not send more than 3, which prompted the question. Thanks for confirming that it is a bad idea.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Return to Hit & Miss