Pricing of a 2005 set

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
blackheart
Giant

Pricing of a 2005 set

Post by blackheart »

I'm not really sure where to put this since you can't respond to posts in the for sale section...

What do you guys think I could get for the:
Hendrix
MLK
Lenin
Warhol
Deb Harry

Collage set from 2005... I am looking to buy an og and I was thinking these would get me going in the right direction.

Let me know thoughts and I have no prob with you guys moving my post, please just put a link so I can find it.

Thanks!!
I have spent 90% of my money on women and wine.........the rest i wasted!!
halopigg
Giant

Re: Pricing of a 2005 set

Post by halopigg »

This will most likely be moved to the hit or miss section. Are they matching number? Are you going to sell them as a set only? I think they are all strong prints and will certainly get you on your way to an OG. Good luck.
Who's got my old stickers?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

I don't think you would get nearly as much selling as a set than you would piecing it out. I would venture to say you would get half as much selling as a set vs individually. I've seen the same seller on eBay trying to sell a set of stamps that's not moving for the price they're asking but I've seen each individual stamp print sell for more.
blackheart
Giant

Post by blackheart »

I tend to agree with you fribhey... But If the call comes down and I'm up on the list then I wont have much of a choice...
Solar
Giant

Post by Solar »

I'd think you should be able to pull $2K pretty easily if you split them up. You could do a lot better or maybe a little worse depending on how the market is feeling when you sell.

If you sell as a set, you're going to limit the number of potential buyers. It's cool to have a set of anything, but there are more people out there looking for just the Warhol or just the Hendrix that don't feel like reselling the Debbie Harry, etc.
comiconart
Propaganda Engineer

Post by comiconart »

Solar wrote:I'd think you should be able to pull $2K pretty easily if you split them up. You could do a lot better or maybe a little worse depending on how the market is feeling when you sell.

If you sell as a set, you're going to limit the number of potential buyers. It's cool to have a set of anything, but there are more people out there looking for just the Warhol or just the Hendrix that don't feel like reselling the Debbie Harry, etc.
And...isn't Black Panther part of this set, too...? In that sense, the set is incomplete, so...no reason to keep it together.
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

and, if I'm not mistaken, and I very well might be as it's been a while, but I remember the Hendrix print not matching the rest of them color-wise....
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

mose wrote:and, if I'm not mistaken, and I very well might be as it's been a while, but I remember the Hendrix print not matching the rest of them color-wise....
Yeah, Hendrix doesn't have the same gold that the rest of the prints do. It's more of a flat yellow. Also, I always figured Darby was part of the set as well.
blackheart
Giant

Post by blackheart »

Yeah... Hendrix is a bit off..... Color wise

And Darby I wouldn't consider part of the pack but I always went back an forth with the black panther and I tend to agree that it matches the set..

I would def break the set up as I would most likely not have to sell them all that way...
JErikR
Giant

Post by JErikR »

Welcome to my world. I had this set a while back and thought it, as a set, would get people excited. It didn't. But selling them individually definitely resonated with people. So sell each piece on its own and you'll do great.
JErikR
blackheart
Giant

Post by blackheart »

Who wants to buy a poster??