shipping to France

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

shipping to France

Post by TheOmethod »

I sent something to France via US express mail two weeks ago. The package has been sitting in "Customs Clearance" state since the 10th. From your experience, is this a normal time delay?
Cookie Head
Giant

Re: shipping to France

Post by Cookie Head »

Call 1-800-ASK-USPS® (800-275-8777)
M-F - 8:00am-8:30pm ET
Sat - 8:00am-6:00pm ET
Sun/Holidays* - Closed

Give them your tracking number and they will get right on it. This has happened a few time to me and the issue is usually resolved within a few days of contacting them.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

i've sent stuff us express and it's sat in the other countries customs for a while too... once it's out of the US there's nothing USPS can do.
JErikR
Giant

Post by JErikR »

Likewise, I ordered stuff from UK and Norway - took forever. Was told that's just how Customs works.
JErikR
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

JErikR wrote:Likewise, I ordered stuff from UK and Norway - took forever. Was told that's just how Customs works.
they need time to open up all the packages and decide if they want too keep anything :)
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Completely normal for France. Their postal system sucks. It's almost as bad as Italy. Almost.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

Just wait until your buyer starts b!tching about the customs fees. Oy.
on point like a decimalist?
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Its the best bad news I have had all week.Ill continue to wait, and wait... sucks
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

USPS Express mail is taking 4 to 6 working days to be delivered in general, packages sent using this service are delivered in France by Chronopost (same type of service as UPS or Fedex).
To get the package delivered, they always ask for custom fees (approx €30 !!).
November 1st is bank holiday, November 11th is also a bank holiday in France (World War 1 armistice)...
Packages are presented 3 times at the physical address you mentioned to deliver the package, if nobody's there to get the package, that's another 3 days... Them after that, the package is located at the local post office, but it could take 1 or 2 more days for the package to be available at the post office.

Don't hesitate to contact me via PM if you need some specific help... I will be glad to help you.

XXXX
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

lepublicnme wrote:USPS Express mail is taking 4 to 6 working days to be delivered in general, packages sent using this service are delivered in France by Chronopost (same type of service as UPS or Fedex).
November 1st is bank holiday, November 11th is also a bank holiday in France (World War 1 armistice)...
Packages are presented 3 times at the physical address you mentioned to deliver the package, if nobody's there to get the package, that's another 3 days... Them after that, the package is located at the local post office, but it could take 1 or 2 more days for the package to be available at the post office.

Don't hesitate to contact me via PM if you need some specific help... I will be glad to help you.

XXXX
appreciate the great info. Put my USPS tracking into Chronopost and learned that they were waiting on the invoice that the US MAIL Agent told me I did not need!!! So basically the package sat for two weeks with zero contact from either agency. It would still be there had I not learned of Choronopost. Faxed it, and a day later it cleared customs.
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

TheOmethod wrote:
lepublicnme wrote:USPS Express mail is taking 4 to 6 working days to be delivered in general, packages sent using this service are delivered in France by Chronopost (same type of service as UPS or Fedex).

XXXX
appreciate the great info. Put my USPS tracking into Chronopost and learned that they were waiting on the invoice that the US MAIL Agent told me I did not need!!! So basically the package sat for two weeks with zero contact from either agency. It would still be there had I not learned of Choronopost. Faxed it, and a day later it cleared customs.
Glad you found what was happening... so it should be delivered on a quick note now...

XXXX