Large shipping tubes

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
word13
Swindler

Large shipping tubes

Post by word13 »

Does anyone know where to buy larger shipping tubes? I just sOld my riot cop large format and need a tube for it. Does anyone have a sorce for a vendor to buy single larger format tubes from?
I have a problem... I have an addiction... I'm all F*ckd Up... Stop asking me too buy your prints! because I will... I have no self control...
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Re: Large shipping tubes

Post by jjttdw »

The best solution I've seen for a large tube is going to the local home improvement store and buying a piece of PCV. You can get them in sizes up to 6" and in lengths up to 16 feet. Get a piece of the correct length and, since you will not have caps, just cut the appropriately sized circle to cover the ends the tape them on. The positives are that the tube is stronger than cardboard and you can find them close to home. You can literally stand on the PCV and will not crack. I've used PCV inside of tubes for high cost prints going overseas where insurance may be as issue. If you tape the ends well enough you can throw them in a tub of water and the print would stay dry.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

doubt you will find anyone that sells single tubes... unless you can find someone who has an extra. i get all my tubes from yahoo mills' ebay store, these should work for you:
box of four 6"x36" Yazoo XHvy Duty Mailing Shipping Tubes Kraft
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-x36-Yazoo-XHv ... 0599659313
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

i'll hook u up with one if you want to drive out to the burbs.
Who's got my old stickers?