**ADVICE FOR NEW APPAREL LINE.**

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
SeTTo
Punk

**ADVICE FOR NEW APPAREL LINE.**

Post by SeTTo »

Hey guys,
So i had a few questions and was wondering if you guys could possibly help me out, My biggest dream is apparel, fashion and design. I'm an extreme supporter of the OBEY world and life style, Shepard is a big inspiration in my life. I actually just got a tattoo today of the Giant Star, permanent commitment.

Regardless of that my questions will be listed below, please feel free to answer them all, just one, or none. any help or information is greatly appreciated. Again thank you for your time.

1. Is it a bad idea to open an online store for your apparel without a copyright yet?

2. What would be the best means of funding such as (LOAN, OUT OF POCKET ETC.)

3. If i have designs on my computer of shirts i have made, how would i begin to put those onto shirts, i have a fair knowledge of the apparel industry but, how exactly do they get a small picture into an actual design? (im sure its probably not that hard)

4. What do you think is the best method of printing shirts (Screen printing, etc etc etc)

Again thank you so much for even taking the time to read this,
any answers are greatly appreciated
Stay Golden

-Mark
ken
Swindler

Re: **ADVICE FOR NEW APPAREL LINE.**

Post by ken »

Hey Mark-

1- No, it doesn't matter now, realistically the odds that anyone's going to bootleg you are pretty slim to none.

2 - Out of pocket to begin with, if it begins to take off, then consider a loan.

3 - Separate them into color layers, resize them in photoshop, send to a screen printers and be sure to trap well.

4 - Screen printing is your best bet to begin with. Inkjet and dye sublimation are considerably more expensive (though a little easier as you can go full color.)

Hope that helps?

Ken
SeTTo
Punk

Post by SeTTo »

Thank you, that did help a bit.

"3 - Separate them into color layers, resize them in photoshop, send to a screen printers and be sure to trap well."

what did you mean by "trap"
and what if the designs are on actualy shirt templates and what not,
how would i go about seperating and all that?
its all on my photoshop at the moment.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

SeTTo wrote:Thank you, that did help a bit.

"3 - Separate them into color layers, resize them in photoshop, send to a screen printers and be sure to trap well."

what did you mean by "trap"
and what if the designs are on actualy shirt templates and what not,
how would i go about seperating and all that?
its all on my photoshop at the moment.
trapping colors:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trap_(printing)

with screen printing, each color is printed one at a time. for colors that line up to another, the bottom color needs to bleed over a bit so there's no gap when printing the top color. trapping gives you wiggle room is the colors aren't lined up exactly. the end result is a slight overlay of colors which may or may not be noticeable but it's better than having an empty gap between the colors.

you will need to manually separate the colors into layers in photoshop. also, if you are printing on a dark shirt you may need to print a white flood first. if you're not familiar with screen printing and/or how to prepare graphics for screen printing then you should pick up some books.