Damaged Ebay purchased print questions

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
rlbchef
Giant

Damaged Ebay purchased print questions

Post by rlbchef »

I recently got a print off EBay and it was shipped in a box with packing peanuts. the print was in grocery bags and rolled with a rubber band. I was shocked. the print has dents from being held from the rubber band and the box is not damaged. so it was only damaged from packing. print was bought at a low price but I want to keep it since it was a low price and they dont come up often on the Bay. I have not gone through this before so I asked for a partial refund from seller? if they insured package wouldnt they be covered by the post office? they were said that the packing was fine and that I must have happened some other way. so should I just open a claim? Will I have to return print or do they do partial refunds?

thanks guys for any help
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Re: Damaged Ebay purchased print questions

Post by Patillac13 »

Always a bummer!

I dealt with USPS insurance on a print that I bought once. The print was packaged perfectly, tubed and triangle boxed, and USPS crushed it all. I went for half the price... and they gave it to me. They wanted me to leave everything at the Post Office until the claim was closed, but the guy let me take the print home (I told him I'd like to keep it in the best condition I could, very rare, etc). I still wish I would've tried to get more than half back. What sounds iffy on your claim, is that if the box looks perfect, they might not be able to prove the damage happened during its time with USPS, the seller could've banged it up then shipped it off.

Anyways, USPS will cut a partial insurance refund, if they see fit.
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

I agree with pat. Insurance from USPS doesn't cover ignorant shippers.

Pretty sure your only option would be to file a claim with PayPal and choose the option for a partial refund. A PayPal claim does cover ignorant shipping/packing
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

Thanks for rhetorically feedback guys. Didn't know you ask for partial refunds. Thought it was all or nothing.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

def file a claim and ask for a partial refund! good luck dude!
on point like a decimalist?
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

Got partial refund from seller after much gripping from him. he still seems to think he did a great job packing

hexterb
Propaganda Engineer

Post by hexterb »

He didn't try to use the old, "don't worry...it will frame out and you'll never notice it" line did he? All joking aside, I don't know one 1/1,000th about art as all of y'all on the board but correct shipping methods of prints should be a common sense thing. I guess common sense isn't so common after all.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

Wow. The seller must've never sent or received a print. That is a lot of effort for such a poor packing job. I've only ever received one print that was damaged in transit. It was from a genius who said he shipped in tubes but actually just sent them in USPS traingular boxes. The tube and print were crushed in the middle. He tried to blame me.