Framing Question ~ Help~

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
ChapPKP
Propaganda Engineer

Framing Question ~ Help~

Post by ChapPKP »

I am honestly surprised I am writing this message. I have been going to the same Framer's for 4+ years and have been extremely satisfied.

I recently took my Os Gemeos printed canvas to the framers.

On the back of the canvas, there is a sticker. The sticker has the edition size, signature, and thumb prints.

While discussing the frame job, the framer asked if I wanted her to attach it to the backing paper after it gets framed. I told he to leave it attached to the back. When I picked up the framed piece, the sticker was removed from the back of the canvas and attached to the backing paper of the frame job. I was not thrilled. I was able to peel it off the back, but the sticky has worn off and it won't fully stick to the canvas. How annoyed should I be? It this going to affect the value? Can/should I use acid free tape/adhesive to reattach the sticker to the canvas?

While I was having them take the backing off to attempt to reattach the signature sticker, i found that the framer did not use clamps to attach the canvas to the frame, but shot framer points into the side of the canvas and taped it to the frame. Seems very half assed. Is that bad for the canvas to have the frame points poking into the side?

I might be over reacting. If I am let me know. If they messed up the value, also please let me know.

Many Thanks
Check Out my EBAY Auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZchappkp
cybernigel
Giant

Re: Framing Question ~ Help~

Post by cybernigel »

He pierced the canvas with glazier points? Not cool. He should have used offset clips. See "Securing Frame Contents" below:

http://www.customframesolutions.com/pag ... ame-corner
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman