Have to ship 15 prints to europe smart and safe ?

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
Ilja
Propaganda Engineer

Have to ship 15 prints to europe smart and safe ?

Post by Ilja »

So, the thing is that I have my Americana Box set lying at Summoner's place + the Peace Mujer and Commanda prints.
And all of it should be shipped to me in europe in a safe way.

What I come up with myself is to buy an Itoya Evolution portfolio, get Summoner to put all prints in it, and then send portfolio and empty Americana Box together in a cardboard box with some bubble wrap.

Do you think it will work, or can you guys come up with a smarter, safer way?

It was originally intended that I should have some friends to take them personally with them home by plane. But it didn't work out anyway.
Last edited by Ilja on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
halopigg
Giant

Re: Have to ship 15 prints to europe smart and save ?

Post by halopigg »

The problem I see with that is that some of the prints are sometimes bigger then the sleeve in an itoya 18 x 24 portfolio and they could bang around when shipped. I think if you were going to do this I would make sure that the top of the portfolio is wrapped in a way that doesn't allow foreign objects to come into contact with any prints that may be sticking out.
Who's got my old stickers?
Solar
Giant

Post by Solar »

I had to ship a bunch of prints to France, so I rolled them and packed them securely in multiple tubes, then boxed the tubes together so I only had to pay shipping on one package. It was still expensive ($65 or so for priority), but cheaper than sending 5 or 6 tubes separately.
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

Solar wrote:I had to ship a bunch of prints to France, so I rolled them and packed them securely in multiple tubes, then boxed the tubes together so I only had to pay shipping on one package. It was still expensive ($65 or so for priority), but cheaper than sending 5 or 6 tubes separately.
This was the way I did it.
Ilja
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Have to ship 15 prints to europe smart and safe ?

Post by Ilja »

halopigg wrote:The problem I see with that is that some of the prints are sometimes bigger then the sleeve in an itoya 18 x 24 portfolio and they could bang around when shipped. I think if you were going to do this I would make sure that the top of the portfolio is wrapped in a way that doesn't allow foreign objects to come into contact with any prints that may be sticking out.
For real ??
Have both new prints, and from the time periode of the mujer and commanda, and they all fit pretty well in the 18x24.
But you have a good point about the prints sliding out.
You could maybe just wrap some acidfree paper (maybe also some bubbleplast) around the top and tape it to the portfolio.
Solar wrote:I had to ship a bunch of prints to France, so I rolled them and packed them securely in multiple tubes, then boxed the tubes together so I only had to pay shipping on one package. It was still expensive ($65 or so for priority), but cheaper than sending 5 or 6 tubes separately.
That will probably be the safest..
But it would be comfortable if I did not have to ask Summoner to roll 15 prints, plus I also do not have to flatten them.
And I still have the box to ship with them.
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

Why is everyone making more working for me!? :lol:
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

I'll courier them.
Who's got my old stickers?