Trusto Corp cereal and Partisan print

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
kamiblue
Punk

Trusto Corp cereal and Partisan print

Post by kamiblue »

Hi,

First post--long time collector...
Was any one lucky enough to score one of those Fairey/Trusto cereal boxes?
Also, just wondering how the ebayers are already selling the Partisan print, which hasn't gone on sale yet...Does anybody know what's up with that?
Disregard the latter question--I see that they had already gone onsale at the Skirball Center--but I swear I've seen this recently with nearly all his prints...

---
Kamiblue
Last edited by kamiblue on Thu May 02, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
halopigg
Giant

Re: Trusto Corp cereal and Partisan print

Post by halopigg »

No one around here has claimed ownership on any of the cereal boxes and there were 200 of the Partisan prints released at the museum show opening last weekend. Welcome!

dan
Who's got my old stickers?
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

Welcome to the forum!

The Partisan print was sold in person at the Skirball Cultural Center last week, the remaining prints are being sold on Obeygiant.com.
kamiblue
Punk

Post by kamiblue »

Thanks guys,

I swear I've been seeing that all the time though on ebay now--Doesn't seem to matter which print--folks are selling them before receiving them or as far as I'm aware before they go on sale.

Any tips on how to score one of the remaining 200 prints--A lot of times now, I just get disconnected from the site when attempting to purchase?

Used to check twitter--but Obey Giant doesn't seem to tweet that info any longer.

Thanks
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Best advice is to refresh the prints page starting at 10am pst. You can also keep an eye on this thread. Someone will post when the print is for sale. Good luck trying for the print today!
kamiblue
Punk

Post by kamiblue »

Thanks--tried using an autorefresh extension one time and for some reason my internet went down for the entire time of the sale...
In what thread will that info be posted?

Thanks again---

Also, how do you guys feel about those ebay flippers? --I contact Obey Giant a few years ago when I saw it starting to happen and they said they were going to do something about it--they haven't...
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

kamiblue wrote:Thanks--tried using an autorefresh extension one time and for some reason my internet went down for the entire time of the sale...

Thanks again---

Also, how do you guys feel about those ebay flippers? --I contact Obey Giant a few years ago when I saw it starting to happen and they said they were going to do something about it--they haven't...
most likely it wasn't your internet that went down the entire time of the sale but it was the website itself that went down. it's very common for obeygiant.com to crash when tons of people all refresh the site over and over at the same time. you just have to be persistent and keep trying. if you get a page to load and click on a button to add to cart or checkout and the page time's out, then hit the back button and trying again.

good luck. it may take you a little while to get comfortable with scoring obey prints but just hang around here and you'll soon get the hand of it.
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

kamiblue wrote:Thanks--tried using an autorefresh extension one time and for some reason my internet went down for the entire time of the sale...

Thanks again---

Someone will undoubtably post when the print drops in the Partisan Print thread. http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27912

eBay flipping is an unfortunate byproduct of Shepard keeping the price of his prints affordable and had been discussed ad nauseam in various threads. Attempts have been made by the folks at Obey to curb it, especially when they get listed immediately. I really don't know what else can be done at this point except raising the original price.
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

welcome to the forum!

i moved this to hit & miss, just because even though it's about specific prints, it's also covering kind of general questions. and we've got specific topics set up for the cereal box and print, so we don't really need another thread to be going in the prints section about both of them.
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
MrObey
Punk

Post by MrObey »

Up +1
Lugubu
Punk

Post by Lugubu »

welcome!