What do you guys use for large sleeves?

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
djsp
Giant

What do you guys use for large sleeves?

Post by djsp »

I am getting ready to move and I need to empty my flat file for that. For those of you that have used large format sleeves, what have you used and where did you get them?
Thanks.
DunDun
Giant

Re: What do you guys use for large sleeves?

Post by DunDun »

Get two thick sheets of foamcore for protection and use little binder clips to hold your prints inside them. Any prints that are too big for the foamcore put back into tubes. Only catch is that that will slide around a teeny bit so don't turn the foamcore on it's side. I moved across the country like this and had no problems. Good luck!
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

I use the foam core method for anything that wont fit in the flat file... With that said the largest acid free foam core I have found is 40x60. Anything bigger you could roll very loosely in kraft paper and then tape to store someplace. I have some large side by side double door closets that I can store anything really large like that on the top shelf in a very loose (12" or bigger) roll.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

Thanks all. I appreciate it. They only have to make it one day without their precious flatfile, so here's to hoping they can do it. :)