Price Evaluation for a couple older prints

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
greekboy
Swindler

Price Evaluation for a couple older prints

Post by greekboy »

I would love to add a Prince (Prints and the Revolution) or an Obey Destroyers print in the future. I'm aware of the Expressobeans data, which is a bit outdated. Does anyone have any opinions on what would be a fair price for either? Any leads as to where I might secure one, or at this point do I just have to wait for one to pop up on eBay? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm also aware of the current soakyourbuns eBay auction for the Destroyers print, but upon asking for a condition report, I was just told "mint for it's age". Unfortunately it doesn't work that way in the collectible market and with no refunds, I think it's not worth the gamble.
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Price Evaluation for a couple older prints

Post by Fattyramone »

I've never paid heed to any "no refunds under any circumstances" bumpf , if they don't sell me what they proport to be selling me they are getting it back and I'm getting my money back too..

It's like me sticking a sign up in my pub saying I hold the right to stick my hand up your wife's skirt if she enter my premesis and expecting to get away with it...bollocks to 'em , learn the law of the land sunny Jim.

No refunds my arse.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Plus the Destroyers print that Soak Your Buns is selling isn't signed or numbered. The auction says it is but the pictures don't show any sig or numbering.
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Fattyramone »

spagucci1 wrote:Plus the Destroyers print that Soak Your Buns is selling isn't signed or numbered. The auction says it is but the pictures don't show any sig or numbering.

Good spot Spag , despite them saying it's signed and numbered throughout their description.

Exactly my point in paying no heed to their "no returns" policy , you shouldn't have to play at being Sherlock Holmes to do a fair deal with anybody.

greekboy
Swindler

Post by greekboy »

Thanks guys. I didn't pick up on that while browsing their auctions. I think it's probably best that I wait for mother to pop up on the market.

Any ideas as to price evaluations? Does the Prince print rarely come up for sale?
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

greekboy wrote: Does the Prince print rarely come up for sale?
Very rarely, but one will surface. Good luck on your quest.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

greekboy wrote: Any ideas as to price evaluations? Does the Prince print rarely come up for sale?
I will post my opinion then someone can correct me...that's usually how it goes. :D

Prince: Its no Che but it is a low run. I'd guess it would fetch $1k - $1.5k

Destroyers: I've seen others sold that weren't in the EB history that sold for less than the two most recent. I think $1k is high and a more realistic range is $500-800. You will get to see what an unsigned print goes for when the SoakYourBuns auction closes.
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

I sold a Destoyers about a year and a half ago for $800, and I thought that was fair on both sides.
Jessica Ravelo
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Jessica Ravelo »

Print is def not close to mint from pictures posted in description of EBay listing. Still nice image.
theandrew13
Swindler

Post by theandrew13 »

eBay sellers can put no returns all day in their listings, but if the item is SNAD (significantly not as described) PayPal will refund your money like like 98% of the time.
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer

Post by no1gdman »

theandrew13 wrote:eBay sellers can put no returns all day in their listings, but if the item is SNAD (significantly not as described) PayPal will refund your money like like 98% of the time.
True statement. EBay is pretty good in that regard.
greekboy
Swindler

Post by greekboy »

Hey guys, thanks so much for the input. I think I will hold off bidding on the Destroyers print. On the plus side, I was able to work out a deal with a fellow forum member for the Prince print. So excited to be adding this one to the collection. I'll post some pics once I have it framed.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

greekboy wrote:Hey guys, thanks so much for the input. I think I will hold off bidding on the Destroyers print. On the plus side, I was able to work out a deal with a fellow forum member for the Prince print. So excited to be adding this one to the collection. I'll post some pics once I have it framed.
Congrats on the Prince - you never see that one for sale.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman