Hope and Progress Advice

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
Rick Kane
Punk

Hope and Progress Advice

Post by Rick Kane »

I have been out of the loop for several years now and have lost touch with ins and outs of collecting prints. I have several Shepard Fairey prints, including the original Hope (signed, #'d /600) and Progress (9x12, #'d /400). I always planned on framing these, but never got around to it. At this point, I have tossed around the idea of selling them, but have no idea where/how/ or for how much. Ebay seems like a terrible idea as I'm a bit paranoid, and my limited searches online have led nowhere. Ideas? Thanks!
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Re: Hope and Progress Advice

Post by jjttdw »

Do you have any other provenance for Hope like the confirmation email etc? It might help you get top dollar for it. Hope is fetching a nice haul right now. Not sure about small Progress.
Rick Kane
Punk

Post by Rick Kane »

Yeah, still have the confirmation emails on my old hotmail account. To be honest, and I'm sure many of you will cringe, they are still in the original tubes. They are both in perfect condition, however.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Rick Kane wrote:Yeah, still have the confirmation emails on my old hotmail account. To be honest, and I'm sure many of you will cringe, they are still in the original tubes. They are both in perfect condition, however.
The fact that they are in their original tubes, for over 10 years, means they are not in perfect condition
Rick Kane
Punk

Post by Rick Kane »

Haha, perhaps you'd like to enlighten me. I've unrolled them several times over the years and there has been no apparent changes. They've been kept in their tubes inside of a sealed plastic bin at room temp. Anyway, back to the original question....
bsharp
Posse

Post by bsharp »

At a minimum they’re going to be quite difficult to flatten.