Ideas for Buy/Sell/Trade rules

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
chrisburns

Ideas for Buy/Sell/Trade rules

Post by chrisburns »

Ideas for rules:
1. no underbidding on the sell board. if you want to sell a print for less than a person who is already listing it for, so long as their post remains on the front page, you man not offer it for less. if you want to do this, use ebay or some other auction site.

2. no overbidding in the buy board. if you want to buy the same print for more money, wait until the first person's bid has left the front page, then you may make your own post.

3. All buying / selling / trading is done at the risk of the people involved in the transaction. The Giant and its affiliates are not responsible for any part of these transactions.

extra house rules that are funnay:

4. Trading rulez. If you want to trade things, you're cool.

5. Flippers should be spat upon. Someone that is selling 5x Obey Dunny signed should be hit in the head with a shovel. Unless they are selling them for $10 each. Then they will be given hugs.

More real rules:

6. Keep hate out of the Supply and Demand boards. If you want to give props to someone who is SELLING a sweet print, do it. Try to avoid giving props to someone who is trying to buy something. It tends to drive the price up. Get it? Good.

7. It is assumed that all prints / stickers / toys / etc are in MINT to NEAR MINT condition. If they have dents, major flaws, etc, be sure to NOTE THAT.
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

Personally, I would rather people setup the transaction on ebay. There is too much risk when doing this via a board.
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
chrisburns

Post by chrisburns »

you're probably right at first. i was thinking it would work similar to genmay.net, but they're more established. what do you think of the other rules?
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

chrisburns wrote:you're probably right at first. i was thinking it would work similar to genmay.net, but they're more established. what do you think of the other rules?

I like um.
You should make some announcements in the forums with rules. And put some stuff about the ebay.

Also, if you get a chance, can you do a wiki entry for dunny. I figured you probably know more about them than me or anyone else here.
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
LiNk
Site Admin

Post by LiNk »

Just put links to your eBay auctions in the forum. You'll probably get more that way anyway.
-LiNk

Eternally the sun has set to mourning
And contoured are the backgrounds
On the canvas to which our lives are painted
chrisburns

Post by chrisburns »

LiNk wrote:Just put links to your eBay auctions in the forum. You'll probably get more that way anyway.

Actually wait no, I disagree with that. Linking to ebay auctions is silly. Why would we even have a buy sell board if it was all ebay? There's no point in coming here to look at links to ebay when someone could just go to ebay in the first place.

The way the buy sell boards work in other forums is like this: no auctions. It's buy it for this price or sell it for this price, flat. People use things like ebay or Heat: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=15234 if people are worried about getting scammed. It works. It really really works.
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

i agree that using ebay for transactions should be the users' choice. i mean, it is anyway, because there is no way we can enforce that. we should definitely encourage people to use ebay (or that other place) for safety reasons, but there is no reason why people shouldn't just be able to buy/sell/trade on their own.
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
chrisburns

Post by chrisburns »

advertising on the board should be a no-no though, because if it's allowed, it would be stupid. i dont want to come here and see ads for ebay auctions i already obviously know exist
LiNk
Site Admin

Post by LiNk »

But maybe somebody hasn't checked eBay yet but comes here and sees that a print that they wanted is finally up on eBay. I see no reason that putting a link to eBay here should be a "no-no". That's dumb. If somebody wants to advertise here for an eBay auction, more power to them... as long as it's Obey-related.
-LiNk

chrisburns

Post by chrisburns »

YOULL LIIIIIVVVE TO REGRET THISSSSSSS
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

how about we make both of you happy and have a seperate section for ebay auction links. anyone who wants to post their auction can place a link there, and people can ask the sellers questions there, too. how's that for a compromise?
LiNk
Site Admin

Post by LiNk »

I like the way you think.
-LiNk

illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

okay, i made a new forum under the Supply & Demand area, called "off-site selling." this is where you would advertise ebay auctions or stuff you're selling on your website or other auction site.
LiNk
Site Admin

Post by LiNk »

illyanadmc wrote:okay, i made a new forum under the Supply & Demand area, called "off-site selling."

You rock, high five!

-LiNk

LiNk
Site Admin

Post by LiNk »

That area should be called off-site commerce. Sounds better.
-LiNk

illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

LiNk wrote:That area should be called off-site commerce. Sounds better.

i agree. done!
chrisburns

Post by chrisburns »

So...many...boards.

but they all seem to serve a purpose so far, so go team.