Helpful answers - please read.

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
Graham
Punk

Post by Graham »

Sorry to post such a newbie question, but I'm kind of bummed about the "Rose Girl" print, well not that one in particular but you'll get the idea.
I want to begin my collection, I've been checking daily on obeygiant.com for new releases. I went on yesterday AM, didn't see anything going on, came back today, and this new "Rose Girl" print is already gone. How do you know when prints are being released? Not any one print in particular but any of them. I'm on the mailing list and didn't get any notification of new prints becoming available. I've also email info@obeygiant.com, with no response. I just want to know when any print would be available so I can check it out, and buy it direct if I move fast enough. I would have definitely purchased "Rose Girl," if I had a clue that she was being released. Somebody please point me in the right direction, I don't want to have eBay as an only option for purchase. I know with Kidrobot, which I also collect, new releases seem to come out on Tuesday's and go on sale around 11 est. Is this similar with Fairey prints?
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Keep an eye on the obeygiant site. They posted that the prints would be released 12/15 from 1-3 Pacific. They usually give some kind of hint. Even with that information you still need some luck.
extremeimages77
Giant

Re: Helpful answers - please read.

Post by extremeimages77 »

welcome to the forum...your best bet is to check hear for releases...they are usually title something like "official rose girl print release"
and also search peacebomber and read through that thread to see how alot of drop days go to be sure you have what it takes to try for one...
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
Graham
Punk

Post by Graham »

Thanks guys I just was reading the FAQ's on obeygiant that kind of gave me an idea, but I swear I'm checking both sites almost daily and I never saw that Rose Girl until today when is says SOLD OUT, what a bummer. I'll just keep diligent and keep checking. Thanks guys for the help, much better response time than info@obey.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re:

Post by conartstudio »

Graham wrote:Thanks guys I just was reading the FAQ's on obeygiant that kind of gave me an idea, but I swear I'm checking both sites almost daily and I never saw that Rose Girl until today when is says SOLD OUT, what a bummer. I'll just keep diligent and keep checking. Thanks guys for the help, much better response time than info@obey.

honestly, your best bet is to frequent this forum religiously. everyone here is in the same boat as you but we've been doing it for a long time so we have become accustom to how it all works. OG usually announces a day for a new print and more often then not they release it at a random time. there are a few people from SNO who hang out around here and sometimes they give us previews on future prints.

a warning though, be prepared be patient and fight the temptation to smash your computer. their server is crepe and print drops are usually a big cluster f*uck and sometimes it may take hours to get through to get a print.
zanzi123
Giant

Re:

Post by zanzi123 »

Graham wrote:Sorry to post such a newbie question, but I'm kind of bummed about the "Rose Girl" print, well not that one in particular but you'll get the idea.
I want to begin my collection, I've been checking daily on obeygiant.com for new releases. I went on yesterday AM, didn't see anything going on, came back today, and this new "Rose Girl" print is already gone. How do you know when prints are being released? Not any one print in particular but any of them. I'm on the mailing list and didn't get any notification of new prints becoming available. I've also email info@obeygiant.com, with no response. I just want to know when any print would be available so I can check it out, and buy it direct if I move fast enough. I would have definitely purchased "Rose Girl," if I had a clue that she was being released. Somebody please point me in the right direction, I don't want to have eBay as an only option for purchase. I know with Kidrobot, which I also collect, new releases seem to come out on Tuesday's and go on sale around 11 est. Is this similar with Fairey prints?

ahhhh, I remember my first drop. Evolve devolve, I was fuuckin shocked! It sucked, thats why i found this place. :D
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P