Help with worth

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
DangerousBri
Swindler

Help with worth

Post by DangerousBri »

So I'm cruising around the San Diego county Mountains and find a small gallery. I walk in and to my surprise I see a bunch of Shep Printers Proofs and the below. There was no price on it. Price was negotiable supposedly. I haven't seen many of these traded, so I was wondering what people thought the most I should offer on the print? I asked the owner to hold it till the end of the day tomorrow till I come back. Thanks for the help.

easycraig
Giant

Re: Help with worth

Post by easycraig »

A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

WOW! That is the super duper rare LACMA print. I'm surprised that many have even sold in the last six months. PM robotoil he doesn't post in here. He will be able give you ballpark. I'd say at least $3000 for PP of a grail print, but i'm just guessing.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
rhinomilk
Propaganda Engineer

Post by rhinomilk »

is it signed and numbered?
noetic
Giant

Post by noetic »

What gallery was this at?
I Rock The Mic Like It's My Last Chance To Breathe
Display A Level Of Skill You Could Only Hope To Achieve
jwaddle
Posse

Re: Help with worth

Post by jwaddle »

DangerousBri wrote:So I'm cruising around the San Diego county Mountains and find a small gallery. I walk in and to my surprise I see a bunch of Shep Printers Proofs and the below. There was no price on it. Price was negotiable supposedly. I haven't seen many of these traded, so I was wondering what people thought the most I should offer on the print? I asked the owner to hold it till the end of the day tomorrow till I come back. Thanks for the help.

These may seem like stupid questions but I have to ask. How many is "a bunch"? How do you know they were and were they all printer's proofs? Were any prices quoted? Was there other art in the gallery or just Shepard's prints? Were you just asked to make offers? Were they hoping you might over pay or were they ignorant of their value? What kind of a gallery doesn't know the prices they are selling their art for?
Jerry @ Ducky Waddle's Emporium