ANTICIPATION: Prevent Police Boredom

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
SHT!
Giant

ANTICIPATION: Prevent Police Boredom

Post by SHT! »

Prevent Police Boredom. 18 x 24 inches. Screenprint on white Speckle Tone paper. Signed by Shepard Fairey. Numbered edition of 450. $50. Available Saturday, May 19 @ 7PM (PDT) at @subliminalprojects (in-store only) and Tuesday, May 22 @ 10AM (PDT) on ObeyGiant.com in Store under Prints. Limit 1 per person/household.

In conjunction with the opening of #DIY: The History of Creative Culture in Skateboarding at my gallery @subliminalprojects, I’m releasing a print, as well as a limited edition hand-stenciled version this Saturday, May 19th at the opening reception. I’m DJing throughout the night along with my friend @hawkins_alfred, so stop by, buy a print, and check out the exhibit! Doors open at 7pm. To attend RSVP at subliminalprojects.com.
This Prevent Police Boredom print is an updated version of my first “art” screen print (a print on paper rather than just on a t-shirt) from 1989. Long before I was arrested for street art, I was being hassled and arrested by the cops for skateboarding. I was inspired by the skateboard culture maxim of “question authority” and Black Flag’s song “Police Story” and created this image of a kid holding a skateboard being grabbed by a cop. I thought this would be a great image to update for the #DIY skateboard show at @SubliminalProjects because the first versions I made of Prevent Police Boredom for a sticker and a t-shirt included the text “Prevent police boredom… skateboard” in Old English, but my art teacher told me to leave the text off of the print on paper... which I later realized was garbage-like advice! I now have a poster version of the art which includes that essential text and I made 25 versions with different hand-stenciled backgrounds with my tributes to classic 80’s skate and punk iconography. Each of the stenciled versions has unique embellishment. -Shepard
SHT! Store
http://www.SHTexclamation.com
SHT! Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/SHTexclamation
SHT! Email
imakeSHT@gmail.com
SHT! Instagram
@SHTexclamation
samuraiwriter
Propaganda Engineer

Re: ANTICIPATION: Prevent Police Boredom

Post by samuraiwriter »

I wish I could see the show and have a shot at one of the stenciled works. When I was a kid in the 80's, I got a Vision board for Christmas that had some of the designs Shepard stenciled on those prints. Fond memories of my short lived skateboarding career. :lol: I think I'll watch Gleaming the Cube tonight.

Hope to get lucky on the drop for the reg. ed. at least.
net1994
Punk

Post by net1994 »

Awww yeah! This feels like old skool obey release pre-2000. LOVE IT! I wonder will both versions (pink and black or multicolor) will be available from the obey site?
stuckeyc37
Propaganda Engineer

Post by stuckeyc37 »

awesome old school feel. i think the reg is better than the HF personally but still wouldn't turn down a PB on the hand stenciled
GilsTaills
Punk

Post by GilsTaills »

The stenciled version is wonderful! It should be available only during the opening, no chance for me to get one as I'm not from USA :(
Prevent Police Boredom (Stenciled). 18 x 24 inches. Screenprint on white Speckle Tone paper. Hand deckled. Signed by Shepard Fairey. Numbered edition of 25. $200.
ciphe
Posse

Post by ciphe »

GilsTaills wrote:The stenciled version is wonderful! It should be available only during the opening, no chance for me to get one as I'm not from USA :(
Prevent Police Boredom (Stenciled). 18 x 24 inches. Screenprint on white Speckle Tone paper. Hand deckled. Signed by Shepard Fairey. Numbered edition of 25. $200.
fingers crossed, openings at subliminal have a VIP the hour before and most stuff gets snagged up before the general public.
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

net1994 wrote:Awww yeah! This feels like old skool obey release pre-2000. LOVE IT! I wonder will both versions (pink and black or multicolor) will be available from the obey site?
Only the pink and black will be available on the site as I'm sure the multi-color stencil version will sell out at the show.
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

I actually agree with the art teacher.
;-)
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

love the fact that Gonz is included in this hand embellished 1. I would like to own some of gonz's work sometime. and im talking about the pieces he does for supreme
Jessica Ravelo
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Jessica Ravelo »

What are all the stencils of? I can’t make out all of em. :-/
samuraiwriter
Propaganda Engineer

Post by samuraiwriter »

Jessica Ravelo wrote:What are all the stencils of? I can’t make out all of em. :-/
I immediately recognized the Vision stuff

easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

Jessica Ravelo wrote:What are all the stencils of? I can’t make out all of em. :-/
Screamers face stencil is up there
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
justin
Giant

Post by justin »

Too easy
net1994
Punk

Post by net1994 »

+1.

Easy, but it seems like it took an extra 45 seconds to sell out than the last 'cut up' print. And I thought this one would of been a lot more popular.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

forgot about the drop....oh well.
samuraiwriter
Propaganda Engineer

Post by samuraiwriter »

Man, I want one of these HPMs.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

samuraiwriter wrote:Man, I want one of these HPMs.
Yeah, I love the way it is devoid of typical Obey Giant markings - only the subtle graphic on the skatedeck.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

here are some old mark gonzales decks

https://www.google.com/search?q=vision+ ... 16&bih=907
Jessica Ravelo
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Jessica Ravelo »

vvk wrote:

Cool. Thnx!!!!
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

here are some from the upper right corner ..
Rob Rskoop santa cruz skateboards..

this Was the first New Board I ever got, Until this SC deck thall my boards were handed me downs that were either given to me or i bought for 10-15.00 after my friends got new boards.

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... ypChplHrP8

I think some of the other ones are of the black label - lucero. or maybe spitfire
Santa Monica Airline -panther
Jessica Ravelo wrote:
vvk wrote:

Cool. Thnx!!!!