pasters seem to be everywhere

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

pasters seem to be everywhere

Post by jjttdw »

It seems like there are tons of pasters on the Bay lately. I picked up a couple cheap with an eye toward framing them on the cheap. What is the value for these??
bsharp
Posse

Re: pasters seem to be everywhere

Post by bsharp »

There was a discussion about this on FB recently too. The consensus there was that they're not very valuable, but that they might be a cheaper alternative for enjoying the images. I don't have any myself but apparently the paper's quite thin and delicate.
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

Not high on pasters. Hard to authenticate and tell quality unless in hand. Too easy to make copies from downloads
ciphe
Posse

Post by ciphe »

rlbchef wrote:Not high on pasters. Hard to authenticate and tell quality unless in hand. Too easy to make copies from downloads
Pasters are the same quality print as numbered editions, but on a thinner paper stock.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

jjttdw wrote:It seems like there are tons of pasters on the Bay lately. I picked up a couple cheap with an eye toward framing them on the cheap. What is the value for these??

wow those are great... Seesm like eBay seller " heart.sol.2013 (4922 ) " has alot .
you think its a inside job?

I would really like those paters
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

vvk wrote:
jjttdw wrote:It seems like there are tons of pasters on the Bay lately. I picked up a couple cheap with an eye toward framing them on the cheap. What is the value for these??

wow those are great... Seems like eBay seller " heart.sol.2013 (4922 ) " has alot .
you think its a inside job?

I would really like those paters
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

ciphe wrote:
rlbchef wrote:Not high on pasters. Hard to authenticate and tell quality unless in hand. Too easy to make copies from downloads
Pasters are the same quality print as numbered editions, but on a thinner paper stock.
Pasters are usually lithos while prints are screened, except for the really old stuff.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

The volume available now makes me not want to pick up any more.
brintoul
Giant

Post by brintoul »

Never even considered buying one.
JRF

Post by Jason Filipow »

If it's 18" x 24", it's a screen printed paster...thinner stock, maybe 60-80lb (standard 18" x 24" print editions are on 100-110lb. stock). There may be a few exceptions here and there over the years, but they're not litho prints...now, the 24" x36" pasters, those are offset litho prints. Litho is too costly for small production runs (say, less than 500ish pieces).
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

Jason Filipow wrote:If it's 18" x 24", it's a screen printed paster...thinner stock, maybe 60-80lb (standard 18" x 24" print editions are on 100-110lb. stock). There may be a few exceptions here and there over the years, but they're not litho prints...now, the 24" x36" pasters, those are offset litho prints. Litho is too costly for small production runs (say, less than 500ish pieces).
Thanks for straightening me out. I always thought pasters were large litho runs because after the initial set up they were cheaper per print (e.g. Obama Hope posters). I didn't realize the 18x24s were still screened.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
chuckkeppler
Swindler

Post by chuckkeppler »

I picked up a "Chinese SF" paster last year for $10. slightly beat up, but definitely screened on thinner stock and legit. about the only way I could afford a copy of one of my favorite prints.
danklax5
Giant

Post by danklax5 »

Does anyone know the ebay seller (heart.sol.2013)?
"I make my own luck."
xangelx
Punk

Post by xangelx »

I bought a unsigned/unnumbered black nouveau from him/her a few months ago, seems like the real thing and was a decent price but had a couple dings that were not disclosed and . When inquired as to why it wasn't numbered they said they got it direct from Shep years ago. No idea about the massive amount of pasters they have for sale though.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

I traded email with him a couple months ago about Old Obey. He wanted more than it was worth IMO.
stuckeyc37
Propaganda Engineer

Post by stuckeyc37 »

Seems like a lot more cheap repos too. Was searching the bay last night and it's worse than ever
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

Its almost as bad as me and the album cover prints I have listed.