Anticipation: Defend Dignity Large Format 5/28

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
quiksilvr22
Punk

Anticipation: Defend Dignity Large Format 5/28

Post by quiksilvr22 »

Defend Dignity. Serigraph on 100% Cotton Custom Archival Paper with hand-deckled edges. 30 x 41 inches. Signed by Shepard Fairey. Numbered edition of 89. $900. Available Tuesday, May 28th @ 10 AM

In 2017 I worked with Aaron Huey of Amplifier and several other artists for a series called WE THE PEOPLE; an effort meant to champion an appreciation for ethnic, cultural, and religious diversity. On Inauguration Day, people across the Capital and carried our WE THE PEOPLE posters into the streets, hung them up in windows, or pasted them onto walls. We continued to see this movement throughout several other rallies around the world that year, including the Women's March in 2017. This "Defend Dignity" piece is one of three that I created for the original series. For this image, I collaborated with photographer Arlene Mejorado to create a portrait of Maribel Valdez Gonzalez as a symbol of hope and humanity.

In celebration of #FACINGTHEGIANT #OBEYGIANT30TH, I am releasing this "Defend Dignity" piece as a 30 x 41-inch fine art print on custom paper. As you may know, I'm re-visiting older images and utilizing the broader palette of techniques I've developed over the years for my 30-year project. If you weren't able to get your hands on this print in 2017, now is your chance! A portion of proceeds will benefit Espacio Migrante, a bi-national non-profit organization that works in the areas of Tijuana and San Diego, focusing on supporting migrants, refugees, and deportees.

We the People need to come together under a new symbol of hope— one that reminds us that OUR America is one of equal humanity, and does not demean or discriminate. We need you to help us take back this narrative. We 'don't have any one easy solution, but we do know this: we must be greater than fear, we must defend dignity, and we must protect each other. Take this art in your hands and start now.
- Shepard
To talk goodness is not good. Only to do it is.
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Anticipation: Defend Dignity Large Format 5/28

Post by no1gdman »

Must resist and save up for HPMs from the shows.
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

no1gdman wrote:Must resist and save up for HPMs from the shows.

I hear you.... I have been telling myself " no more new art... period" yet with every new photo of the upcoming 30th year show..... i think... crepe... i might HAVE TO BUY . lol....

hope everyone is doing well... ec
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

I don't have the money for anything from the show and will probably only have funds for a couple of the large format prints. I doubt I will be able bag any on a drop through. I'm like zero for my last dozen.
soupysound
Punk

Post by soupysound »

certainly makes it hard to decide knowing there are 25 "new" releases coming soon and not knowing which to bite on....
bsharp
Posse

Post by bsharp »

Really love this, especially since it's not an outright rerelease and is true to the original canvas (unlike WTP).

Still on the fence since I'm not sure which images are going to be released but will probably go for it. I'd never pay aftermarket for this and I feel like Greater than Fear's collage might come next, and having both would be great.

brintoul
Giant

Post by brintoul »

Unreal.

Post by bsharp »

Sold out pretty fast, and there's no chatter on here and no listings on eBay? This is strange!
voice1
Swindler

Post by voice1 »

I'll probably regret passing on this one. :|
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

bsharp wrote:Sold out pretty fast, and there's no chatter on here and no listings on eBay? This is strange!
There was already a LF of this one so maybe people that only really wanted one got one.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

jjttdw wrote:
bsharp wrote:Sold out pretty fast, and there's no chatter on here and no listings on eBay? This is strange!
There was already a LF of this one so maybe people that only really wanted one got one.
\whats a "LF"
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer

Post by no1gdman »

vvk wrote:
jjttdw wrote:
\whats a "LF"
Large Format. And it was similar, but not the exact same image.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

no1gdman wrote:
vvk wrote:
jjttdw wrote:
\whats a "LF"
Large Format. And it was similar, but not the exact same image.
thanks. I thought it was "Line Forming" and I was like, Wheres the line?