The Old Stickers

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
Bonesy
Giant

The Old Stickers

Post by Bonesy »

There are alot of old great sticker images that never made it to prints. What ya got?
"Think about it: Andre drank 119 beers in six hours. Thats a beer every three minutes, non-stop. That's beyond epic. It's beyond the ken of mortal men. It's god-like."
-Modern Drunkard Magazine Sept/ Oct 2006
Bonesy
Giant

Re: The Old Stickers

Post by Bonesy »

This second batch was from the Limited Edition sticker pack that was up for awhile. I went threw probably 5 packs or so a few years back and dont even have a full set anymore (I know Ozzy is on my grille and there were a few others). Jason says they werent happy with the quality of these but I thought they were top-notch, nice thick vinyl. I dont like the re-issue of print images (even as offsets) but would love to see some of these brought back.

"Think about it: Andre drank 119 beers in six hours. Thats a beer every three minutes, non-stop. That's beyond epic. It's beyond the ken of mortal men. It's god-like."
libertarian
Propaganda Engineer

Post by libertarian »

How cool would a HELLO print be? Imagine screened 36x24! I'd pay $100 for that even if the run was 1000. Easy.
saintjordan
Propaganda Engineer

Post by saintjordan »

Dude would you be willing to trade or sell that Hello Kitty sticker?! My wife would flip for that!
Employ Cognitive Dissidence

"Why would solar power make him sick? Is he a republican?" -Michael J. Caboose
Bonesy
Giant

Re:

Post by Bonesy »

saintjordan wrote:Dude would you be willing to trade or sell that Hello Kitty sticker?! My wife would flip for that!
Sorry, nope. It would be great though if this thread showed Studio One the demand for something like that.
outeredgestudio
Giant

Post by outeredgestudio »

shuercka,sheurkah, WHAAH!?
David Choe prints http://outeredgestudio.com
stickee
Giant

Re:

Post by stickee »

libertarian wrote:How cool would a HELLO print be? Imagine screened 36x24! I'd pay $100 for that even if the run was 1000. Easy.

could we not collectivly "commision" a run of these of say 300 and sell some through the website for server funds?
that would be sweet and not much effort to produce as the artwork is already there.......
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
star e nite
Punk

Post by star e nite »

Hello kitty?!! Love that.
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

umm hello my name is andre the kitty!

no :) i think we were talking about the andre print
libertarian
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by libertarian »

stickee wrote:umm hello my name is andre the kitty!

no :) i think we were talking about the andre print
True, but actually I'd be down for a Kitty too.
mikep
Swindler

Post by mikep »

Here's a couple old silkscreen stickers. The first is a section from "Giant NYC" (1997), and the other similar to "Giant Attention" (1998). They're quite large, the first picture gives you an idea of the size next to a ruler. They're printed over top of pre-existing Oakland Tribune stickers. You can faintly see the Tribune building through the silkscreen. The last picture is from the back, where you can get an idea of the original source.

outeredgestudio
Giant

Post by outeredgestudio »

thanks for sharing mikep. cool to see those details
David Choe prints http://outeredgestudio.com
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

Wow, lovin that Giant NYC 97. Thanks for the share and hit me up if ya ever want to part with it ;)
robotoil
Giant

Re:

Post by robotoil »

outeredgestudio wrote:thanks for sharing mikep. cool to see those details
Time Out of Mind
Punk

Post by Time Out of Mind »

I recently bought these stickers. For me it's more of a catagory of "will I ever get to own the prints that some of these stickers are?" A few of them are so great.

C.Morrison
Propaganda Engineer

Post by C.Morrison »

johngoff101
Posse

Post by johngoff101 »

Those large formatted stickers on the San Francisco Times stickers came through me. My buddy was working for a thrift store up in the bay area when he was donated about 500 of these. I took them to Shepard and he stenciled over them and made these. For him it was the best of both a sticker and a mini sized wheat paster. He could just slap them and it was a very sizable instant image.

Hate to be a blaggard but it seems this site is also good for archiving information about Shepard so I thought I'd post.

Thanks, JG.
Obey the Laws of Physics or die trying.©
mikep
Swindler

Post by mikep »

Thanks for the info JG! It's nice to have some background...

Here's a few more stickers...
swellstylez
Posse

Post by swellstylez »

Found my old files with some stickers...

My Obey Collection: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=538" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

One of my favorite older stickers is the "warning you are under surveillance" I have one on the front door of my house. A neighbor told me the other day that he had never fully read the text of the sticker until the other day and for the past five years thought I really had a surveillance system.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Not Mine!

http://cgi.ebay.com/OBEY-Giant-Rare-Sti ... dZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pennylesspig
Propaganda Engineer

Post by pennylesspig »

mikep and swellstylez, those stickers are frankfurter awesome. especially the castro stickers.
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

Great stuff. I especially dig the stickers with blue in them. Blue?!
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

loving the sticker collections, I am a sticker horder too but have a poor OG collection :(
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

TheOmethod wrote:One of my favorite older stickers is the "warning you are under surveillance" I have one on the front door of my house. A neighbor told me the other day that he had never fully read the text of the sticker until the other day and for the past five years thought I really had a surveillance system.
Slapped one on my parents house way back, it's still on their garage window. Slapped one on my first house, sold that, wonder what the buyers thought when they saw it. I have one left I guess it'll go up in my current place. :D
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....