BAST Forgeries - lb1469

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
stinkypete
Giant

Re: BAST

Post by stinkypete »

"Have you anything to say. No? Then shut up. Lest you are a woman in
which case carry on - It's delightful."
Simon Munnery
ritedere
Giant

Post by ritedere »

Leo, the boardmember accused of faking BAST pieces, aka icollect on ebay, who claims he received fake Basts from a guy in a NY Bar, just so happened to purchase a smurf book, a mickey mouse activity book and a book of nude females that all look like they could be used to fake BAST pieces. Weeks ago mind you.
stinkypete
Giant

Post by stinkypete »

oh wow
thats good research
completely missed that
thank for spelling it out i am a little hard of thinking sometimes
"Have you anything to say. No? Then shut up. Lest you are a woman in
which case carry on - It's delightful."
Simon Munnery
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

JErikR
Giant

Post by JErikR »

There is something about a grown man buying a smurf book that is kind of creepy. Even more creepy that he was going to do something sinister with it.
JErikR
robotoil
Giant

Re:

Post by robotoil »

ritedere wrote:I just got word that these were given to the wrecords by monkey store by a guy named Joe in a bar.

:lol:
dirtyd0369
Giant

Re:

Post by dirtyd0369 »

That was funny

JErikR wrote:There is something about a grown man buying a smurf book that is kind of creepy. Even more creepy that he was going to do something sinister with it.
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

-that is freaking hilarious... there is always a paper trail.... in this case, it happens to be kids comics, fine art, and a guy named "Joe". ( allegedly )
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
daanmuller
Posse

Post by daanmuller »

He should have bought those comics from a guy named Joe in a bar I know...
Art by Daan - My artblog
Reverend ToneZone
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by Reverend ToneZone »

robotoil wrote:
djsp wrote:I too have had transactioins with Leo. Was always stand up with me. Sucks.
Check out the collection, wants, trades, and feedback . . .
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=8633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong." -George Carlin R.I.P.
Herr_E
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Herr_E »

Reverend ToneZone wrote:
robotoil wrote:
djsp wrote:I too have had transactioins with Leo. Was always stand up with me. Sucks.
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

Herr_E wrote:
Reverend ToneZone wrote:
robotoil wrote:

+1 ! support from France !!
XXXX
omegaiori
Posse

Post by omegaiori »

i met a dude called joe yesterday in a bar of rome.. must be the same dude lol

its him buying smurf garbage? if it's him he may want that to add cuttings of it to the fake bast cards
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

ADMIN NOTE: Thread split. Continue the discussion of this topic here. Thanks. --AM
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
sessone
Propaganda Engineer

Re: BAST Forgeries - lb1469

Post by sessone »

/i have also sold prints to this dude
//pwnd!
cause i wreck when i tangle...
C.Morrison
Propaganda Engineer

Post by C.Morrison »

WOW! I sold Leo some prints a while back. Completely smooth transaction.

I think this (in addition to EC's replica piece) speaks to the general lack of quality of Bast's work. IT is all so bad that you can't tell what is real and what isn't. I just think it is funny.
Tad Ghostal
Giant

Post by Tad Ghostal »

C.Morrison wrote:I think this (in addition to EC's replica piece) speaks to the general lack of quality of Bast's work. IT is all so bad that you can't tell what is real and what isn't. I just think it is funny.

If being an artisan was a prerequisite for being a talented artist, there are many, MANY famous artists who would not qualify. Just because I could show my 3 year old niece a bast, hand her a pair of scissors, a glue stick, a Sunday paper and she could probably do a decent fake does not mean his art lacks quality.
Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help.
rhombus_77
Giant

Post by rhombus_77 »

The real ? is, where is lb1469?
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

Herr_E wrote:
Reverend ToneZone wrote:
robotoil wrote:
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
fautebol
Punk

Post by fautebol »

C.Morrison wrote:I think this (in addition to EC's replica piece) speaks to the general lack of quality of Bast's work. IT is all so bad that you can't tell what is real and what isn't. I just think it is funny.

Pretty much the opposite in this case as most people who like BAST' work immediately spotted they were fakes when seeing pictures of them (there is a thread on WK).
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

fautebol wrote:

Pretty much the opposite in this case as most people who like BAST' work immediately spotted they were fakes when seeing pictures of them (there is a thread on WK).
skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

what i think is funny is that there are idiots out there that will drop $450 like it's nothing on something that is CLEARLY not made by the artist as advertised. if you are into bast then you should be able to pick this crepe apart.

i don't really care for bast at all, but even i could spot these

robotoil wrote:
fautebol wrote:

circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

proudbasque speaks out on his "about me" page on ebay:

"Good Day All,

I've recently suffered a tragedy on my proud Ebay ID and account where I sold some art pieces for a relative that were presummed to be authentic and turned out to be ellaborate fakes! Said incident violated my (and my relatives, by extension) integrity and otherwise impeccable reputation and track record here on Ebay and even resulted in my FIRST (and last) negative feedback.

For this; I can only apologize to all involved and assure said parties that I/we've since taken all reasonable actions to investigate and resolve such matters, to include proactively contacting BAST NY, Ebay, PayPal and my valued Ebay customers/family members.

Due to such diligence, I confidently expect to regain my Ebay integrity, reputable standing and trust of my Ebay peers, as I/we had no malicous intentions, as we did NOT knowingly list any fakes in efforts to make unethical profits... We honestly thought they were authentic... As such, we were equally victimized, if not more so....

In closing, I express my heartfelt apologies to BAST NY, it's staff, the artist behind such creative and original pieces and any others temporarily offended by said listings, as my prior Ebay track record and feedback should clearly suggest that I'm a wholehearted, honest and integral part of Ebay, as well as my own local community and family!

All refunds warranted have since been issued and I'd greatly appreciate it the few tasteless, uneducated and ignorant unassociated individuals that were quick to pass judgement on me and convict me without a fair chance to declare my position, would cease the submission of unsolicited emails conveying hasty, crude and otherwise inhumane communications, as I too was victimized here! Perhaps moreso than anyone else.

Respectfully, Rick (proudbasque)"
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

circa77 wrote:proudbasque speaks out on his "about me" page on ebay:

All refunds warranted have since been issued and I'd greatly appreciate it the few tasteless, uneducated and ignorant unassociated individuals that were quick to pass judgement on me and convict me without a fair chance to declare my position, would cease the submission of unsolicited emails conveying hasty, crude and otherwise inhumane communications, as I too was victimized here! Perhaps moreso than anyone else.

Care to state your case here then?
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
Reverend ToneZone
Giant

Post by Reverend ToneZone »

Backpackpunk wrote:
circa77 wrote:proudbasque speaks out on his "about me" page on ebay:

Care to state your case here then?

I'd like to hear it as well . . .
Check out the collection, wants, trades, and feedback . . .
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=8633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong." -George Carlin R.I.P.