Helpful answers - please read.

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
noverflow
I think I started this

Helpful answers - please read.

Post by noverflow »

Here at the giant we hope to make everyone feel welcome. And as we are all a tight knit bunch here most of the time, it is easy to forget that not everyone feels welcomed by our sense of humor.

When people first join the giant, often the first place for them to go is hit and miss. Hit and miss is here to answer questions and help people.

When answering questions, please refrain from sarcasm in your answers. Help make everyone feel welcome with real answers and helpful information.

Remember:
We are trying to maintain a friendly and inviting enviroment, where new members and guests aren't run off or feel unwelcome by unfair sarcasm and unnecessarily negative comments.

Thanks,
-The Giant Mods!
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
James Blacklist
Swindler

Post by James Blacklist »

nice to know. i've been coming to this website for a while but never looked at the forum section so i joined today.
acrylic1
Punk

Re: Helpful answers - please read.

Post by acrylic1 »

Hi,

Just registered. Love the site, been checking for months. How do I set up my avatar here? Help!

Also, I will link my EB, etc etc,
http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12571" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rhombus_77
Giant

Post by rhombus_77 »

acrylic1 wrote:Hi,

Just registered. Love the site, been checking for months. How do I set up my avatar here? Help!

Also, I will link my EB, etc etc,

Up top, click on User Control Panel> click on the blue Profile tab> a set of new tabs will show up underneath the profile tab. Click on Edit Avatar.

Good Luck
acrylic1
Punk

Post by acrylic1 »

I must need more coffee! Thanks Rhombus, I figured it out too and got it going, now how do I undo being a punk???

ahahah
http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12571" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
acrylic1
Punk

Re:

Post by acrylic1 »

OK...how do you change from the Punk description to something else? I also cant figure out where to put my EB link to my collection...I appreciate the help!
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re: Re:

Post by admonkey »

acrylic1 wrote:OK...how do you change from the Punk description to something else? I also cant figure out where to put my EB link to my collection...I appreciate the help!

Your title will change the more you post. It's a "who's active here" ranking system.

You can place links and such in your tag, which can be found under the User Control Panel (the same as your avatar). USER CONTROL PANEL -> PROFILE -> EDIT SIGNATURE
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
acrylic1
Punk

Post by acrylic1 »

admonkey wrote:
acrylic1 wrote:OK...how do you change from the Punk description to something else? I also cant figure out where to put my EB link to my collection...I appreciate the help!

Your title will change the more you post. It's a "who's active here" ranking system.

You can place links and such in your tag, which can be found under the User Control Panel (the same as your avatar). USER CONTROL PANEL -> PROFILE -> EDIT SIGNATURE

Thanks for the help! Working on updating now!
ollievon
Punk

Post by ollievon »

Hi there,

I'm new to collecting Shepard's work, however, I have been an admirer for years while living in Boston and seeing his images everywhere in the city. I'm curious how people are able to obtain his paster prints, I am looking for the Vote print to put up in the school where I work, but Obey Giant does not offer any way of getting those generic prints. Can anyone help?

Drew
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

ollievon wrote:Hi there,

I'm new to collecting Shepard's work, however, I have been an admirer for years while living in Boston and seeing his images everywhere in the city. I'm curious how people are able to obtain his paster prints, I am looking for the Vote print to put up in the school where I work, but Obey Giant does not offer any way of getting those generic prints. Can anyone help?

Drew

these days, obey giant prints sell out extremely quickly, usually within about a half hour (they would sell out in minutes if their website allowed it). if you are unsuccessful in buying a print directly from OG's website, your best bets are the selling/trading portion of this forum, ebay, and expressobeans.com.
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Drew

I saw a Vote Paster on ebay a day or 2 ago!
mags
Punk

Post by mags »

Drew

to further clarify for you, the paster versions - as best as i know, and i'm still a bit of a newbie around here too - are sometimes made available via the obeygiant.com site, for a lower cost than the limited art prints. but the "vote" print is no longer available. it along with some of the obama designs were offered as pasters right before super tuesday because shep wanted to get them up on the streets for that big election day. i think the "vote" pasters are going for an average of $83 on ebay (per EB)... though recently the price seems to be coming down to the $50s. it beats the price of the signed/numbered edition, though, which is currently going for more than $400 on ebay!
http://www.artbymags.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://artbymags.etsy.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/artbymags/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ollievon
Punk

Post by ollievon »

I really appreciate this information, I simply wanted an unsigned unnumbered print to put up for the students. But $50 for a generic thin print is steep.
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

oh, sorry, i misread and didn't notice you wanted pasters.
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

admonkey wrote:

so how many till i can change it to something like king of the jungle or official cupcake maker?
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

extremeimages77 wrote:so how many till i can change it to something like king of the jungle or official cupcake maker?

that's one of the few privileges of being a mod or admin.
extremeimages77
Giant

illyanadmc wrote:
extremeimages77 wrote:so how many till i can change it to something like king of the jungle or official cupcake maker?

so how can i be a mod
or fourteenth."
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

extremeimages77 wrote:
illyanadmc wrote:

so how can i be a mod

right now, we're not looking to recruit any new mods (admins are super-mods, so you have to have been a mod first or be someone who was here from day one like myself). when we do decide we need more mods, we mods/admins discuss which members we think are fair and upstanding. so, don't cause any trouble and some day, you too could be a mod!
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

I can only dream! :)
extremeimages77
Giant

Re:

slidingaround wrote:I can only dream! :)
or fourteenth."
extremeimages77
Giant

thanks for the info :D
or fourteenth."
AbsentOne
Swindler

Post by AbsentOne »

Thanks very helpful for us newbies
extremeimages77
Giant

can i have the permission to btchslap emeicon any one i think is out of line or being rude...and change me from giant to b!tchslaper :lol:
or fourteenth."
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

extremeimages77 wrote:can i have the permission to btchslap emeicon any one i think is out of line or being rude...and change me from giant to b!tchslaper :lol:

Start using the "report post" feature and we'll talk in eight weeks.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
Reith
Punk

Post by Reith »

Hey hows it going Love SF's work, very new at this but need to find out how to buy some of the work. Ive looked all over and im trying to find specific prints but knowhere to buy WTF, mabye I'm overlooking some places but durn should'nt it be kinda easy to get some of the prints. Anyway looking for poster like prints if anyone can help i would love it Thanks and hope to find some garbage!!!!!! :mrgreen: