Desperate to find CHANGE poster that's not fake

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
NavyWife
Punk

Desperate to find CHANGE poster that's not fake

Post by NavyWife »

Hi guys...I am pretty new to Shepard's work. Actually I learned about it from Barack Obama's site when he was picked as one of the artists. I have two of the three prints from the selected artists except for Shepard's...of course. So although I hate to turn to eBay, I really would like to obtain this historical print since it is no longer available on Barack's store.

Is there any way that someone could tell me if this is a legit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320266148661

The dimensions are different than what was offered on the Obama site (25x39 versus 24x36) and it is available in both Glossy and Canvas formats? Plus he/she said that it was some kind of Oregon campaign piece. Just seems a bit odd to myself and others.

Any advice from you Shepard Fairey veteran experts would be greatly appreciated.
neverquiet
Giant

Re: Desperate to find CHANGE poster that's not fake

Post by neverquiet »

I am thinking fake. All the Shepard Fairey prints that were sold through BarackObama.com were numbered.

Check out this auction. This one is real.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-OBAMA-CHANGE-POSTER-SHEPARD-FAIREY-OBEY_W0QQitemZ250264274642QQihZ015QQcategoryZ360QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Men have become tools of their tools. -Thoreau
NavyWife
Punk

Re: Desperate to find CHANGE poster that's not fake

Post by NavyWife »

Thank you so much!
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

If they are on glossy or canvas, or not at the dimensions listed on Barack's site, then they are fake.
Someone on EB purchased a canvas and said it was a cheap digital print.