Sold out...?

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
Murder Soul
Punk

Sold out...?

Post by Murder Soul »

Well I haven't been on here in awhile. Just got my password back to hopefully find how much I could get for my old Rose Solider I bought a few years back. My question to all of you is, don't you think this has become silly now? Was not this propaganda suppose to question authority/the government? He supports Obama. If he was really true to his message he would have supported someone like Ron Paul, someone revolutionary. Obama's just a democrat. It's just a business now, there is no message. Shepard is just a capitalist now. Obey was really cool back when it wasn't so commercialized. It meant something, but now it seems Shepard will make anything that will put more money in his pocket. You'd have to be a tool to continue supporting Obey.
saintjordan
Propaganda Engineer

Post by saintjordan »

wow man you are really going to tinkle off admonkey with those words lmao

edit: p.s. I hope you are kidding about Ron Paul :roll:
Employ Cognitive Dissidence

"Why would solar power make him sick? Is he a republican?" -Michael J. Caboose
Murder Soul
Punk

Re:

Post by Murder Soul »

saintjordan wrote:wow man you are really going to tinkle off admonkey with those words lmao

edit: p.s. I hope you are kidding about Ron Paul :roll:

Ron Paul was the only candidate that truly promised change from whats going on now. At least once Obama becomes president the public will view both the republicans and democrats of being corrupt.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

I still can't figure out why people that don't like Fairey/Obey's work feel the need to come to A OBEY FAN SITE and talk to OBEY fans about why they hate Obey. I'm sure there's some other anti-government/anti-revolutionary/anti-capitalist artist with a fan base or a forum of their own.

Anyways, expressobeans should help with determining the print's "worth."

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/36734
Murder Soul
Punk

Re:

Post by Murder Soul »

Gigantico wrote:I still can't figure out why people that don't like Fairey/Obey's work feel the need to come to A OBEY FAN SITE and talk to OBEY fans about why they hate Obey. I'm sure there's some other anti-government/anti-revolutionary/anti-capitalist artist with a fan base or a forum of their own.

Cool thanks.

I do like his work, I have loved it, but he completely ruined it by selling out, endorsing Obama. I don't see how anyone can have respect for him or his work now. I fell garbage-like just having it on my wall.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re: Re:

Post by admonkey »

Murder Soul wrote:
Gigantico wrote:I still can't figure out why people that don't like Fairey/Obey's work feel the need to come to A OBEY FAN SITE and talk to OBEY fans about why they hate Obey. I'm sure there's some other anti-government/anti-revolutionary/anti-capitalist artist with a fan base or a forum of their own.

Cool thanks.

I do like his work, I have loved it, but he completely ruined it by selling out, endorsing Obama. I don't see how anyone can have respect for him or his work now. I fell garbage-like just having it on my wall.

Hell yeah! No one's done art like it's supposed to be done since Ted Kaczynski! :lol:
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
rhombus_77
Giant

Post by rhombus_77 »

Murder Soul wrote: but he completely ruined it by selling out, endorsing Obama.

I suppose if he had endorsed Ron Paul, then he wouldn't have been selling out.
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

Though Im not an Obama supporter I think Shepard truly believes in the man, so how's that selling out?
"Think about it: Andre drank 119 beers in six hours. Thats a beer every three minutes, non-stop. That's beyond epic. It's beyond the ken of mortal men. It's god-like."
-Modern Drunkard Magazine Sept/ Oct 2006
robotoil
Giant

Re: Sold out...?

Post by robotoil »

Murder Soul wrote:...there is no message.

If only that were true.
MunkeyPants
Giant

Re:

Post by MunkeyPants »

The tagline on thegiant.org reads The definitive obey giant site. It would seem therefore to be open to all views of Obey Giant and Shepards work overall. This would include detractors. If SF's goal is to promote discussion, then he is obviously succeeding in this individuals case. I don't agree with all of SF's ideology, nor would I think it appropriate to do so. I would ask the OP how an artist supporting their choice of political candidate is selling out though.
Submit. Rapture.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

MunkeyPants wrote:

The tagline on thegiant.org reads The definitive obey giant site. It would seem therefore to be open to all views of Obey Giant and Shepards work overall. This would include detractors. If SF's goal is to promote discussion, then he is obviously succeeding in this individuals case. I don't agree with all of SF's ideology, nor would I think it appropriate to do so. I would ask the OP how an artist supporting their choice of political candidate is selling out though.

That's all fine and good, and stifling someone's opinion is not my aim. It just makes sense that someone would focus their thoughts and words on things they enjoy, rather than hanging out in a place surrounded by things you do not like.

Plus, he called me a tool! :lol: