FedUp with FedEX

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
influence
Giant

FedUp with FedEX

Post by influence »

I had a package that was suppose to come in today while I wasn't home and it required a signature. Normally, what usually happens is that they would leave me a notice on the door and give me the option to pick it up at a local center or to redeliver by signing it right there, right? But no, this time I find out someone else signed it after looking at the tracking information online. Puzzled, I call FedEx telling them that no one was home today to sign for my package and I never got a notice but the e-mail notice says it's delivered. Then the customer service dude explains that the FedEx driver has the right to deliver it to your neighbor and have them sign for it... WTF?! So what happens if you aren't on good terms with your neighbors, or you've never spoke with them in your life and/or they secretly hate you so they open up your KAWS stuff and eBay it? FUHACJHA:LSJAFJAKSJ80213

I hate FedEx!
Petro
Swindler

Re: FedUp with FedEX

Post by Petro »

That's true, FedEx calls it "indirect delivery" which means they can have a neighbor sign for it. I've heard nothing but horror stories. What you should do is first check with your neighbors to see if they have it, if they don't, you need to call the shipper and also FedEx and demand they open a "shipping inquiry". FedEx will get in touch with the driver to find out where he delivered it and determine if errors were made. A lot of the times, FedEx hires contractors to do their deliveries and they'll see a package is shipping from a major electronics company and they pocket it and say it was delivered to a neighbor.
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

love thy neighbor
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

Also realize there are different branches of FedEx. FedEx Home particularly is very bad. If a vendor tells me they ship with FedEx Home, I tell them to use someone else and pay for it. The delivery guy for FedEx Home for me does it part-time and any package is marked delivered then I have to call FedEx to retrack it. Finally, I'll get it (about a week late). Yet they let this guy keeps 'working'. He'll say he delivered it to the wrong house or whatever.
Submit. Rapture.
Tad Ghostal
Giant

Post by Tad Ghostal »

MunkeyPants wrote:Also realize there are different branches of FedEx. FedEx Home particularly is very bad. If a vendor tells me they ship with FedEx Home, I tell them to use someone else and pay for it. The delivery guy for FedEx Home for me does it part-time and any package is marked delivered then I have to call FedEx to retrack it. Finally, I'll get it (about a week late). Yet they let this guy keeps 'working'. He'll say he delivered it to the wrong house or whatever.

Those all all privately owned routes. FedEx provides the logistics/tracking/billing systems, the franchisee provides the truck, labor, etc. The consistency of service is nowhere near as reliably good as the overnight service offered by "FedEX".
Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help.