Art Asylum Boston: Fakes, Theft and Sketchy Things

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
Cant believe that, he seemed ok too. Some real a s s h o l e s out there!
slidingaround
Giant

I'm just glad that I got what I paid for. All dealings with Artasylumboston were positive, and having nothing but good words about this individual. This is whom I bought an ICA Box set from for $350. I dealt with a Jason from Artasylum, but it was not Jason Zenga. I also made my first payment for the ebay auction to a Dorrine Zenga. Then made my payment to the Jason i have dealt with in the past. It seems like there is crew using the Artasylum name, and some of them are giving it a bad name. Like I said before, my dealings with Artasylum have been positive, so I dont want to give this guy a bad name.
spagucci1
Giant

One other item that came from my inquires is that "Jason Zeng" (from the eBay contact information, "Zenga" from the whois domain information) is also known to go by "Jason Mattarazo" and also "Jason Zenag."

Further, "Jason Zenga" ("Jason Robert Zenga") presents himself as being the owner and director of the gallery: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/jason/zenga

The former "artasylumboston" user here made the same claim, under whatever name.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Nice job admonkey!
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

i like ur prfile pic byrnexxx
Dorse
Swindler

You better be careful man. You're going to make "looks like a Monkey did it!" a compliment. :wink:
"If you can't laugh at yourself, Make fun of other people." Bobby Slayton

"Hey your dreams and all you work for is a joke." Baxterpoop

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=9037
Typhoon
Propaganda Engineer

slidingaround wrote:Cant believe that, he seemed ok too. Some real a s s h o l e s out there!

Eh, I thought the whole flipping multiple ICA Boxed Sets was shady from the get go.

Blazedoutbee had an issue with him as well but I know there are those who would simply regard that as, "birds of a feather."
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
cybernigel
Giant

spagucci1 wrote:I'm just glad that I got what I paid for. All dealings with Artasylumboston were positive, and having nothing but good words about this individual. This is whom I bought an ICA Box set from for $350. I dealt with a Jason from Artasylum, but it was not Jason Zenga. I also made my first payment for the ebay auction to a Dorrine Zenga. Then made my payment to the Jason i have dealt with in the past. It seems like there is crew using the Artasylum name, and some of them are giving it a bad name. Like I said before, my dealings with Artasylum have been positive, so I dont want to give this guy a bad name.

Glad to hear that you didn't get scammed Spags!
cybernigel
Giant

cybernigel wrote:
slidingaround wrote:Cant believe that, he seemed ok too. Some real a s s h o l e s out there!

Eh, I thought the whole flipping multiple ICA Boxed Sets was shady from the get go.

Blazedoutbee had an issue with him as well but I know there are those who would simply regard that as, "birds of a feather."

Forgot about that, :roll:
slidingaround
Giant

admonkey wrote:One other item that came from my inquires is that "Jason Zeng" (from the eBay contact information, "Zenga" from the whois domain information) is also known to go by "Jason Mattarazo."

Further, "Jason Zenga" presents himself as being the owner and director of the gallery: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/jason/zenga

The former "artasylumboston" user here made the same claim, under whatever name.

the former user, "artasylumboston," bought something from me through the forum. his real name was jason zenga and all in all i had no real complaints with the transaction.
theBrain
Giant

I don't know about you guys but it's impossible for me to hear the name Jason Zenga without thinking about...

Imag
cybernigel
Giant

cybernigel wrote:

:roll:
maybe just you
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

blazedoutbee wrote:
cybernigel wrote:

maybe just you

Not me, but you have beefed with some other members. We've never done business as I recall.
cybernigel
Giant

what does that have to do with associating me with that guy artasylumboston

just another random shot?

what's your problem
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

blazedoutbee wrote:what does that have to do with associating me with that guy artasylumboston

what's your problem

Someone mentioned they thought he was alright before the fake stencil deal and I noted that you had a problem with him because you posted about it. I also know you were in receipt of stolen test prints and since some people might consider both actions unsavory I noted that to be even handed. I'm just callin' 'em like a I see 'em, not trying to take any shots.
cybernigel
Giant

cybernigel wrote:
blazedoutbee wrote:what does that have to do with associating me with that guy artasylumboston

what's your problem

Someone mentioned they thought he was alright before the fake stencil deal and I noted that you had a problem with him because you posted about it. I also know you were in receipt of stolen test prints and since some people might consider both actions unsavory I noted that to be even handed. I'm just callin' 'em like a I see 'em, not trying to take any shots.

what ever back on the ignore list

good night dude and I hope you get a print tomorrow

peace
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Just wanted to say good luck tomorrow to everybody....

I hope everyone on the Giant gets some action tomorrow come 12 pst time
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Hey guys whats up
Just wanted to know if anyone could tell me if this print is real or fake? read the wiki entry on it, from what I read there's a good chance its fake.....thanks in advance
Looks to be printed offset on around a 90-120gsm paper
Imag
Imag
Imag
montanainc
Punk

montanainc, what makes you think it is fake? As the wiki says there was a legitimate offset run of these.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
circa77
Giant

Paper just seems a little too light weight... I know pasters are light weight but I'm still not 100% sure...just wanting to know if anyone had a definitive answer from the pic's provided
I'm not too sure with the older prints as to what weight paper were used, don't have much experience with the older stuff as you can probably tell
montanainc
Punk

montanainc wrote:Paper just seems a little too light weight... I know pasters are light weight but I'm still not 100% sure...just wanting to know if anyone had a definitive answer from the pic's provided
I'm not too sure with the older prints as to what weight paper were used, don't have much experience with the older stuff as you can probably tell

I have that paster too and it looks the same. I'd say it's real.

Welcome to the forum!
cybernigel
Giant

it looks real to me also... chances are... if it were a fake... it would (more likely) be dead mint... with no problems... (and there would be a lot of them floating around) - registration looks clean and sharp. - I would not worry....
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
easycraig
Giant

Thanks for your help guy's, will sleep a little bit easier
Cheers cybernigel :)
montanainc
Punk

It's real. I don't know where the facts behind that wiki entry came from. anyone know?
avoid disappointment and future regret
submit
The Reason

PreviousNext

Return to Giant vs Giant