Art Asylum Boston: Fakes, Theft and Sketchy Things

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Cant believe that, he seemed ok too. Some real a s s h o l e s out there!
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

I'm just glad that I got what I paid for. All dealings with Artasylumboston were positive, and having nothing but good words about this individual. This is whom I bought an ICA Box set from for $350. I dealt with a Jason from Artasylum, but it was not Jason Zenga. I also made my first payment for the ebay auction to a Dorrine Zenga. Then made my payment to the Jason i have dealt with in the past. It seems like there is crew using the Artasylum name, and some of them are giving it a bad name. Like I said before, my dealings with Artasylum have been positive, so I dont want to give this guy a bad name.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

One other item that came from my inquires is that "Jason Zeng" (from the eBay contact information, "Zenga" from the whois domain information) is also known to go by "Jason Mattarazo" and also "Jason Zenag."

Further, "Jason Zenga" ("Jason Robert Zenga") presents himself as being the owner and director of the gallery: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/jason/zenga" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The former "artasylumboston" user here made the same claim, under whatever name.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by byrnexxx »

Nice job admonkey!
Dorse
Swindler

Post by Dorse »

i like ur prfile pic byrnexxx
Typhoon
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Obey-Confirmed Fake: BEWARE (Was: Questionable)

Post by Typhoon »

You better be careful man. You're going to make "looks like a Monkey did it!" a compliment. :wink:
"If you can't laugh at yourself, Make fun of other people." Bobby Slayton

"Hey your dreams and all you work for is a joke." Baxterpoop

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=9037
cybernigel
Giant

Re:

Post by cybernigel »

slidingaround wrote:Cant believe that, he seemed ok too. Some real a s s h o l e s out there!
Eh, I thought the whole flipping multiple ICA Boxed Sets was shady from the get go.

Blazedoutbee had an issue with him as well but I know there are those who would simply regard that as, "birds of a feather."
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
cybernigel
Giant

Re:

Post by cybernigel »

spagucci1 wrote:I'm just glad that I got what I paid for. All dealings with Artasylumboston were positive, and having nothing but good words about this individual. This is whom I bought an ICA Box set from for $350. I dealt with a Jason from Artasylum, but it was not Jason Zenga. I also made my first payment for the ebay auction to a Dorrine Zenga. Then made my payment to the Jason i have dealt with in the past. It seems like there is crew using the Artasylum name, and some of them are giving it a bad name. Like I said before, my dealings with Artasylum have been positive, so I dont want to give this guy a bad name.
Glad to hear that you didn't get scammed Spags!
slidingaround
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by slidingaround »

cybernigel wrote:
slidingaround wrote:Cant believe that, he seemed ok too. Some real a s s h o l e s out there!
Eh, I thought the whole flipping multiple ICA Boxed Sets was shady from the get go.

Blazedoutbee had an issue with him as well but I know there are those who would simply regard that as, "birds of a feather."
Forgot about that, :roll:
theBrain
Giant

Re:

Post by theBrain »

admonkey wrote:One other item that came from my inquires is that "Jason Zeng" (from the eBay contact information, "Zenga" from the whois domain information) is also known to go by "Jason Mattarazo."

Further, "Jason Zenga" presents himself as being the owner and director of the gallery: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/jason/zenga" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The former "artasylumboston" user here made the same claim, under whatever name.
the former user, "artasylumboston," bought something from me through the forum. his real name was jason zenga and all in all i had no real complaints with the transaction.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

I don't know about you guys but it's impossible for me to hear the name Jason Zenga without thinking about...

blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Post by blazedoutbee »

cybernigel wrote:

:roll:
maybe just you
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

blazedoutbee wrote:
cybernigel wrote:

maybe just you
Not me, but you have beefed with some other members. We've never done business as I recall.
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Post by blazedoutbee »

what does that have to do with associating me with that guy artasylumboston

just another random shot?

what's your problem
cybernigel
Giant

Re:

Post by cybernigel »

blazedoutbee wrote:what does that have to do with associating me with that guy artasylumboston

what's your problem
Someone mentioned they thought he was alright before the fake stencil deal and I noted that you had a problem with him because you posted about it. I also know you were in receipt of stolen test prints and since some people might consider both actions unsavory I noted that to be even handed. I'm just callin' 'em like a I see 'em, not trying to take any shots.
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Post by blazedoutbee »

cybernigel wrote:
blazedoutbee wrote:what does that have to do with associating me with that guy artasylumboston

what's your problem
Someone mentioned they thought he was alright before the fake stencil deal and I noted that you had a problem with him because you posted about it. I also know you were in receipt of stolen test prints and since some people might consider both actions unsavory I noted that to be even handed. I'm just callin' 'em like a I see 'em, not trying to take any shots.

what ever back on the ignore list

good night dude and I hope you get a print tomorrow

peace
blazedoutbee
Propaganda Engineer

Post by blazedoutbee »

Just wanted to say good luck tomorrow to everybody....

I hope everyone on the Giant gets some action tomorrow come 12 pst time
montanainc
Punk

Post by montanainc »

Hey guys whats up
Just wanted to know if anyone could tell me if this print is real or fake? read the wiki entry on it, from what I read there's a good chance its fake.....thanks in advance
Looks to be printed offset on around a 90-120gsm paper
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

montanainc, what makes you think it is fake? As the wiki says there was a legitimate offset run of these.
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
montanainc
Punk

Post by montanainc »

Paper just seems a little too light weight... I know pasters are light weight but I'm still not 100% sure...just wanting to know if anyone had a definitive answer from the pic's provided
I'm not too sure with the older prints as to what weight paper were used, don't have much experience with the older stuff as you can probably tell
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

montanainc wrote:Paper just seems a little too light weight... I know pasters are light weight but I'm still not 100% sure...just wanting to know if anyone had a definitive answer from the pic's provided
I'm not too sure with the older prints as to what weight paper were used, don't have much experience with the older stuff as you can probably tell
I have that paster too and it looks the same. I'd say it's real.

Welcome to the forum!
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

it looks real to me also... chances are... if it were a fake... it would (more likely) be dead mint... with no problems... (and there would be a lot of them floating around) - registration looks clean and sharp. - I would not worry....
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
montanainc
Punk

Post by montanainc »

Thanks for your help guy's, will sleep a little bit easier
Cheers cybernigel :)
submit
The Reason

Post by submit »

It's real. I don't know where the facts behind that wiki entry came from. anyone know?
avoid disappointment and future regret
mention
Propaganda Engineer

Post by mention »