ATTENTION: are you a Forum GUEST? Please read.

Wiki - Gallery - Forum and More. Discuss them here.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

ATTENTION: are you a Forum GUEST? Please read.

Post by admonkey »

"Guests," which is to say people who don't have a registered account, are welcome here.

But if you're an unregistered Guest you're only seeing a small part of the forums that are available to registered members. In order to see and read everything that's available-- and to be able to make forum posts of your own-- please register your account. Then you'll have access to the full range of content we offer, including inside scoop on Obey Giant print releases and behind-the-scenes information, discussion on other popular artists and access to our "wanted," "selling" and "trading" forums where you can pick up a good deal or two or maybe even make a trade for something you've been looking for.

It's easy, it's free and it will transform TheGiant.org from being a forum with only three sub-forums available to you into something that looks like this:

We look forward to seeing you online as a registered member!
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

i noticed today that when i am not logged in i can see the whole forum, as opposed to just seeing the site discussion part of the forum

feel free to delete this post if it doesn't matter or in order to keep this thread clean
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

That's the way it should have been from the beginning. The permissions file was corrected this morning.

Forum Guests can see that other sub-forums exist, but they are unable to read or post to them.

Once Guests register as formal users, the other sub-forums become available to read and post to (along with a whole host of other features).

Until then, Guests may only read Hit & Miss, Website and Giant vs. Giant.

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
Abrogate
Giant

Re:

Post by Abrogate »

admonkey wrote:That's the way it should have been from the beginning. The permissions file was corrected this morning.

Forum Guests can see that other sub-forums exist, but they are unable to read or post to them.

Once Guests register as formal users, the other sub-forums become available to read and post to (along with a whole host of other features).

Until then, Guests may only read Hit & Miss, Website and Giant vs. Giant.
what are all the extra features beyond forum access?
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

PMs, topic tracking, flagging posts (warnings for the people by the people), access to other users' email and web address (if they have them set up in their preferences) and a few other things I can't remember right now due to being brain dead.

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
Abrogate
Giant

Re: ATTENTION: are you a Forum GUEST? Please read.

Post by Abrogate »

thanks admonkey.!
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal