Best Way to Frame a Aluminum Art Print?

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
word13
Swindler

Best Way to Frame a Aluminum Art Print?

Post by word13 »

Hey Guys,

Need Some advice on how to frame my first ever aluminum print. I just purchased Miss Buggs captain America and not sure how to frame it? Do i put it in glass? do i frame it with no glass? some help please....
I have a problem... I have an addiction... I'm all F*ckd Up... Stop asking me too buy your prints! because I will... I have no self control...
influence
Giant

Post by influence »

No glass. Just put it straight in as if it was the glass.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

I think I would be freaked that people would touch it. If I have a screenprint laid out flattening people try to touch it... I honestly think I'd put it behind glass. Personal preference though, right? It'd look cooler without, but the peace of mind for me would win out, unless it looks totally effed with the glass. There's an MLK fine art piece that was re-framed (an additional frame was put around the supplied small wood Obey frame) with glass and it looked amazing!
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
djsp
Giant

Re:

Post by djsp »

influence wrote:No glass. Just put it straight in as if it was the glass.
(nod)
word13
Swindler

Post by word13 »

Thanks for the info:

quick question. do you not put in it glass because the glass will ruin the print? Or is it because it looks better without glass? I'm trying to persevere the print. Whats the best way? any help or other topics would be appreciated.
I have a problem... I have an addiction... I'm all F*ckd Up... Stop asking me too buy your prints! because I will... I have no self control...
djsp
Giant

Re:

Post by djsp »

word13 wrote:Thanks for the info:

quick question. do you not put in it glass because the glass will ruin the print? Or is it because it looks better without glass? I'm trying to persevere the print. Whats the best way? any help or other topics would be appreciated.
No glass because I think it looks better. If you have people throwing food around your house, I guess you should put glass on it. It really wont help to preserve it much with glass, as it is not air tight or anything.
NegCreep
Swindler

Re: Best Way to Frame a Aluminum Art Print?

Post by NegCreep »

I put glass in the frame of my Rose Shackle metal, mostly because people wanted to touch it. I think it had to do with the scoring that was put on the aluminum before it was screened. As for my Capt. America on metal, I just rested it on two nails and then secured it to the wall at the top with another nail (just the head of the nail barely touching the piece). Seems to work pretty well for me.
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

my friends like to touch stuff.
i get tired of imposing rules of conduct within my art shrine so my metal is framed under glass on black/black
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

Phởgg wrote:my friends like to touch stuff.
i get tired of imposing rules of conduct within my art shrine so my metal is framed under glass on black/black
You guys hang out with some crazy Mofos.
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

:wink:
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

i give everyone an electric dog collar when they come into my home.... ( kids especially )... -its set up so if they get within 2 feet of anything valuable... they get one hell of zing! lol ec :lol:
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
Optimus Rabbit
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Optimus Rabbit »

You could use museum glass and get the best of both worlds... it'll cost you though.