Various from the Ministry of Information Thread

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
rlbchef
Giant

Various from the Ministry of Information Thread

Post by rlbchef »

any heads up on drop time? ;)
christoe
Punk

Re: Ministry of Information -Behind the scenes of Obey!

Post by christoe »

soon please...very soon...before the store totally runs out of power
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: Re:

Post by conartstudio »

JasprAtObey wrote:
rlbchef wrote:any heads up on drop time? ;)
It should be up there now. Been having a problem with the shopping cart...
nope
ritedere
Giant

Post by ritedere »

We dont need the cart, 1st 100 to say "Want it" in this thread get it!

Want it!

EDIT: Dont actually do this. This thread doesnt need to be bogged down with it.
Last edited by ritedere on Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
christoe
Punk

Re:

Post by christoe »

ritedere wrote:We dont need the cart, 1st 100 to say "Want it" in this thread get it!

Want it!

"true fans" would never do that
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

its worth a shot . . . WANT IT !
ritedere
Giant

Post by ritedere »

Let me apologize if this thread gets cluttered with "Want it" posts. haha. No one else do it!
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

What the heck...really want it
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

want it!
bigstrunso
Propaganda Engineer

Post by bigstrunso »

Stop please. Lets not ruin a good thing.
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

We waited around all day for a select few to get the opportunity to buy it and others not!? Whats the deal!? I don't expect to win a print every time, but I at least expect a chance to...
kuehnph
Posse

Post by kuehnph »

This was very diappointing. Never saw it under Prints. Still don't. can someone put on the front page of OG that it is indeed sold out if it is?
irishdroog
Swindler

Post by irishdroog »

Well, it just appears to be some sort of computer/internet/mainframe/things I don't understand issue. I was refreshing every minute from 12:45 (EST) on and never saw it until around 4:40 when it had been sold out for a long time. It stinks but ultimately we are collectors and we are customers of a business and we can choose to either continue to be customers or not. I wish there was an explanation for what happened, and I would really love to see something for those of us who have proof that we've been online waiting for this print to drop since noon (EST), but that's just not going to happen. So good job to the 3-6 of you that have said you got it. Everyone else, it seems like we can only just moan and groan about it.

BTW - want it!

Cheers!
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

Yeah how about a behind the scenes of why an incompetent webmaster is still allowed to keep his job after all these years?
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

DunDun wrote:Yeah how about a behind the scenes of why an incompetent webmaster is still allowed to keep his job after all these years?
Neutrally-worded questions regarding the technical failure of Obey's e-commerce/cart system, and any behind-the-scenes work to fix it that might be going on, are fine. B^tching and, particularly, personal attacks should be confined to this thread: http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19292" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
HolyShep
Propaganda Engineer

Post by HolyShep »

I know "I want it", just got back from picking up the wifey, trying to catch up on what happened.
cybernigel
Giant

Re:

Post by cybernigel »

TheOmethod wrote:In regards to the print release. Staff ( NOT WESTON) tried to post the print but due to heavy web traffic we could not even get logged into the site to post it. From our calculations it was only about an hour delay. We apologize for any frustration this drop caused you and we thank you for your support.
Let me know if you want a shopping cart that has an admin interface on a separate server than the one the public site is hosted from to prevent this problem from happening again. I'll do on trade-out for some future releases. :)
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
Optimus Rabbit
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Optimus Rabbit »

christoe wrote:
ritedere wrote:We dont need the cart, 1st 100 to say "Want it" in this thread get it!

Want it!

"true fans" would never do that
oh snap. you must be a true fan.
QKocur
Giant

Re:

Post by QKocur »

TheOmethod wrote:In regards to the print release. Staff ( NOT WESTON) tried to post the print but due to heavy web traffic we could not even get logged into the site to post it. From our calculations it was only about an hour delay. We apologize for any frustration this drop caused you and we thank you for your support.
Sorry, just a little confused... An hour delay from when it was originally supposed to be dropped? Why were so many people not able to see it when it was finally posted?
muggy
Swindler

Post by muggy »

We shall overcome......folks lets move on. Its over.....keep it up and we will be stuck with a lottery system. Nobody wants that. :)
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

whyhoo wrote:
extremeimages77 wrote:
noverflow wrote:The platinum club... oh the platinum club.

The only member of that is baxtor. It is reserved for people who have been booted from the site more than times.
Trust me, you dont want to be on it.

But this site will forever bee free. As long as the donations keep coming so we can pay for hosting.

Long long ago I thought about a system for alerting people when prints came out. But soon after, by the time you got the message, and got to a computer, it was sold out.
DONT LET HIM FOOL YOU...HES JUST FOLLOWING THE FIRST RULE
HA!

peace bomber survivors UNITE!!!
just bought the offset...much easier than last time
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
BigBp0057
Propaganda Engineer

Post by BigBp0057 »

QKocur wrote:
Sorry, just a little confused... An hour delay from when it was originally supposed to be dropped? Why were so many people not able to see it when it was finally posted?
+1
#1 ISO Visual Disobedience 04, #2 ISO Guns & Roses 18x24
Obey Prints For Sale: http://www.obeygiantprints.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Collection: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
QKocur
Giant

Re:

Post by QKocur »

muggy wrote:We shall overcome......folks lets move on. Its over.....keep it up and we will be stuck with a lottery system. Nobody wants that. :)
Excuse me, please do not come on here trying to play resolution maker. What would be worse than a lottery system would be waiting around for 8 hours on a print release to never even get the opportunity. For anyone to want to do that ever again, I think we deserve a clear response addressing the actual problem and perhaps the steps they are taking to resolve it.

(Congrats on your new baby by the way)
muggy
Swindler

Post by muggy »

lol...pretty good response. point taken but mistakes happen and Im not sure a response is going to resolve anything. Thanks on the congrats.
QKocur wrote:
muggy wrote:We shall overcome......folks lets move on. Its over.....keep it up and we will be stuck with a lottery system. Nobody wants that. :)
Excuse me, please do not come on here trying to play resolution maker. What would be worse than a lottery system would be waiting around for 8 hours on a print release to never even get the opportunity. For anyone to want to do that ever again, I think we deserve a clear response addressing the actual problem and perhaps the steps they are taking to resolve it.

whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

QKocur wrote:

don't you think if anyone at obey could completely explain what went wrong, they would have figured out how to fix it already? it's not rocket science, but it's also not so simple either. and just because you're a webmaster, that doesn't mean you know how to deal with situations like this that can instantly lay the smack down on your best set plans.

anyways, this isn't the thread for griping about the situation, so bring it somewhere else - omethod already came on and gave plenty of explanation as to what happened. if you want to get technical about it, i bet you can ask nigel, frib, me, or a number of other people on this board that can drop some knowledge on the topic.

take it easy on weston!!! just because his site gets crushed by voracious print consumers doesn't mean he's not doing his job. these traffic spikes are a heavy issue for any webmaster to deal with and you have to remember that DIY doesn't always present the most elegant or effective solution. and really isn't this whole situation the result of that same DIY attitude? it's evident time and time again - shepard even used a form letter found on the internet to send a cease and desist to baxter poop. from day 1 the obey campaign has been DIY, and when shepard started handing out stickers he got all of US on the do it OURselves (on his behalf) bandwagon.

take it easy kids and lighten up... it's just ink on paper, not money. and if that's what it is to you then you have to step up your game if you want that chedda, yo. time you spend b!tching about it and demanding explanations is $$$ wasted.
on point like a decimalist?