drama llama split from the compassion thread

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
FOODRAP
Punk

drama llama split from the compassion thread

Post by FOODRAP »

let me tell ya something, i was on the site hard, as soon as that sheit hit online, i was already submitting into my cart and nada, nothing nil zip zilch! I can imagine they cancel orders and just hook up people that always buy or they know or that pay them extra, garbage like that happens everyday in the real world, its not what you know, what you did but who you know and how much you willing to pay...garbage, i always buy too, but unfortunately i have to pay a lil extra off the bay or any of the various other forums i belong to because i never ever get through. i got the burmese monk through a hook up, hopefuly the same way i will get the Dalai Lama and not pay the $300+ you people are asking on ebay......

i know theres ways to get the prints on the site before others, im just not fortunate enough to be in that inner circle yet.. its a shame that all of you that bought to resell got through and those of us that wanted to have this for the image, the artist, the Dalai Lama and most importantly the movement have to just grow more disgusted in the art game....
cybernigel
Giant

Re: OFFFICIAL: COMPASSION (HIS HOLINESS THE DALAI LAMA)

Post by cybernigel »

FOODRAP wrote:let me tell ya something, i was on the site hard, as soon as that sheit hit online, i was already submitting into my cart and nada, nothing nil zip zilch! I can imagine they cancel orders and just hook up people that always buy or they know or that pay them extra, garbage like that happens everyday in the real world, its not what you know, what you did but who you know and how much you willing to pay...garbage, i always buy too, but unfortunately i have to pay a lil extra off the bay or any of the various other forums i belong to because i never ever get through. i got the burmese monk through a hook up, hopefuly the same way i will get the Dalai Lama and not pay the $300+ you people are asking on ebay......

i know theres ways to get the prints on the site before others, im just not fortunate enough to be in that inner circle yet.. its a shame that all of you that bought to resell got through and those of us that wanted to have this for the image, the artist, the Dalai Lama and most importantly the movement have to just grow more disgusted in the art game....
The first rule of Platinum Club prevents its discussion.

Life is beautiful bro, don't be a hater.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

now that's rich... rich i tell ya!!! you can't make this stuff up.

nice job on the site updates weston, smoovah than the head of telly savalas. now bring on some more patterns!!!

pla-ti-NUM.
on point like a decimalist?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

cybernigel wrote:
FOODRAP wrote:let me tell ya something, i was on the site hard, as soon as that sheit hit online, i was already submitting into my cart and nada, nothing nil zip zilch! I can imagine they cancel orders and just hook up people that always buy or they know or that pay them extra, garbage like that happens everyday in the real world, its not what you know, what you did but who you know and how much you willing to pay...garbage, i always buy too, but unfortunately i have to pay a lil extra off the bay or any of the various other forums i belong to because i never ever get through. i got the burmese monk through a hook up, hopefuly the same way i will get the Dalai Lama and not pay the $300+ you people are asking on ebay......

Oh snap! Someone just dissed the president of the MBW fanclub.... You better get yourself into some kind of witness protection program because those MBW fans are known to be a little nutsy.

My head hurts just from trying to read his post. Losing that entitlement issue he has will get him far in life but learning proper sentence structure will get him even farther :)
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

So here's the thing. I started trying to buy Obey prints when DOH 4 went up. I was shut out of every one I tried for until Dilla. I didn't even want Dilla, I just wanted to see if it was actually possible to buy a print from Obey. It is. I kept trying, but was shut out again until the Eye (wish I knew something on the elephant drop that I know now). Since that time I have continued to improve my success scoring Wave, Lilly, Monk, Ornate and Compassion. The way I did it? Research. I read threads and did some research online to figure out a system that works for me. I am positive it isn't the same system others use, but I have found it to be successful. Everything from what browser to use, etc. Even then, it isn't prefect, but it is getting better. Know what I didn't do? B!tch. I complained about getting shut out a few times cause it was frustrating, but I never tried to blame my lack of success on others or some vast conspiracy (at least I don't think I did). Nor did I try to claim some sort of entitlement. Even if I had, it wouldn't have helped me get prints. Instead, I read, I learned and I experimented. Try that and you might have more success. Which will make you happier in the end, learning and getting prints for cost, or complaining. Your call. Oh, and do the work yourself, don't come knockin' on my door looking for a hand out, learn something instead.
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
FOODRAP
Punk

Post by FOODRAP »

fribhey wrote:

I aint hatin homie... just trying to get down with the get down....lol, as far as the platinum club, if it means coming up for air and wiping the ish off your nose, then ill pay extra on ebay, never compromised my integrity for anything, especially not a print...
cybernigel wrote:Oh snap! Someone just dissed the president of the MBW fanclub.... You better get yourself into some kind of witness protection program because those MBW fans are known to be a little nutsy.
My head hurts just from trying to read his post. Losing that entitlement issue he has will get him far in life but learning proper sentence structure will get him even farther :)
ha ha... president of the mbw fan club...lmao that was a good one, so if im president of his fan club, does that make you the queen of mine? he he he, i mean come on man, 4348 posts since 2007? do the math, i can play president of the club as long as you admit that life is beautiful on my side and you obviously do not have one.....touche! unless your a poster, in that case, someone pass me the wheatpaste and hang this dude up to dry.....

as for my posts being hard to read? durn, i grew up writing graff in brooklyn, while you grew up watching us, trying to be like us, everyone has there own handwriting style as well as writing style, sorry if your so narrow minded and all you can see is what you want to see.

funny how you talking about grammar on a street art forum... maybe you should go out on the streets and make sure every one dots there I's and crosses there t's.....see what that will get you, and i dont mean on a forum....

LIFE ISN'T JUST BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, ITS YOURS TO ENJOY AND DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH IT....
GiantTarHeel
Posse

Post by GiantTarHeel »

Hey FOODRAP, you have to expect a little heat from some members to come on here and start complaining about not getting prints. They're going to be ruthless for only being on here a few months and only 3 posts that are complaints about not getting any prints. bdavenport had some good advice behind his ranting at you. I struggled getting prints as well and started reading. There are several threads on here about people's best successful methods of obtaining prints on OG. It will be time consuming but definitely worth reading. You'll find lots of info on the best browsers, F5'ing, what to do when a page freezes, etc. Some of this info I wish wasn't out there, but then I wouldn't have learned how to be successful at obtaining prints off OG. I remember being frustrated as well and people here came down on me for complaining. Just research the tricks and you'll pull some great prints.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

FOODRAP wrote:
fribhey wrote:

I aint hatin homie... just trying to get down with the get down....lol, as far as the platinum club, if it means coming up for air and wiping the ish off your nose, then ill pay extra on ebay, never compromised my integrity for anything, especially not a print...
cybernigel wrote:Oh snap! Someone just dissed the president of the MBW fanclub.... You better get yourself into some kind of witness protection program because those MBW fans are known to be a little nutsy.
ha ha... president of the mbw fan club...lmao that was a good one, so if im president of his fan club, does that make you the queen of mine? he he he, i mean come on man, 4348 posts since 2007? do the math, i can play president of the club as long as you admit that life is beautiful on my side and you obviously do not have one.....touche! unless your a poster, in that case, someone pass me the wheatpaste and hang this dude up to dry.....

as for my posts being hard to read? durn, i grew up writing graff in brooklyn, while you grew up watching us, trying to be like us, everyone has there own handwriting style as well as writing style, sorry if your so narrow minded and all you can see is what you want to see.

funny how you talking about grammar on a street art forum... maybe you should go out on the streets and make sure every one dots there I's and crosses there t's.....see what that will get you, and i dont mean on a forum....

LIFE ISN'T JUST BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, ITS YOURS TO ENJOY AND DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH IT....
Wait, so you are espousing street cred but president of the MBW fan club?
spiff huxtable
Propaganda Engineer

Post by spiff huxtable »

cybernigel wrote:Wait, so you are espousing street cred but president of the MBW fan club?
You can't use words like espousing when dealing with FOODRAP, you have to use words like "fo shizzle", "mad props", "chillaxin", etc.

Let me translate for him: "hold up, i know you ain't finna try an cop some street cred as an OG MBW fan with the get down stay down....now on the real, don't hate, i am kickin it life is beautiful style, been on the graff scene since i was a young...life is legit homie, i can run mad game like any cat...recognize...unless you can't then i just feel bad like stealing candy from a baby rynocerous--as long as he is keeping it real mark ecko style..word...for real, i was hitting this site hard...im in the game to stay"
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

cybernigel wrote:
FOODRAP wrote:
fribhey wrote:

Wait, so you are espousing street cred but president of the MBW fan club?
isn't that hilarious? i didn't think it was possible for someone to care about both street cred AND be a fan of MBW. that would be like if this guy was the president of the Miley Cyrus fan club ;)

man, those MBW fans sure are an angry bunch... you'd think they would spread the love their messiah preaches. i guess they really only care about investments after all, who would have thought :lol:
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

jesus.... this thread really took the anti-lama ugly turn a few back! happy monday folks... ec
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

easycraig wrote:jesus.... this thread really took the anti-lama ugly turn a few back! happy monday folks... ec
everything was kosher until FOODRAP came here accusing obey of canceling orders and hooking up friends with prints (which is BS) and then implying there's a way to beat the system by saying he knows there are ways to get prints before others (which is also BS).... all of this because he has an entitlement issue and missed out on the print. he also feels he shouldn't have to pay aftermarket prices for the print because he's so awesome and only MBW fans are allowed to overprice MBW prints in the secondary market.

or something like that.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Well I know that there used to be a way to see the print before others and that was to have an item in your cart. I'm not claiming that Obey created this loophole. This loophole has been closed since the Ornate Pattern release.
cybernigel
Giant

Re:

Post by cybernigel »

spagucci1 wrote:Well I know that there used to be a way to see the print before others and that was to have an item in your cart. I'm not claiming that Obey created this loophole. This loophole has been closed since the Ornate Pattern release.
So are you the source of this disinformation or just defending another MBWer?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re:

Post by conartstudio »

spagucci1 wrote:Well I know that there used to be a way to see the print before others and that was to have an item in your cart. That loophole has been fixed since the Ornate Pattern release.
wrong, there was never a way to see a print before others at any point in time.

there was an issue with the ornate pattern release where some only could see the print if they had one already in their cart BUT i never had a print in my cart and had no problems seeing the print. this issue only happened for that release, not before or since. there also hasn't been any "backdoor" action since peace bomber and that "backdoor" and that "backdoor" shenanigans had to do with manipulating the url and product code which told the cart to add a specific product to the cart wether or not it was available.

accusing obey of canceling orders to hook up friends and saying people know how to see prints before others is complete BS and completely uncalled for - especially accusing obey of that.... if FOODRAP knew what he was talking about he would know that obey/sno employees have to try and get prints the same way we do.
Last edited by conartstudio on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: Re:

Post by conartstudio »

cybernigel wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:Well I know that there used to be a way to see the print before others and that was to have an item in your cart. I'm not claiming that Obey created this loophole. This loophole has been closed since the Ornate Pattern release.
i think the mark of the MBW fan is to believe everything they read online and to continue spread that information as fact....
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

cybernigel wrote:

It's pure truth and I'm sure others can vouch for this becuase this has been mentioned several times. Me and my co-worker confirmed that this worked during a drop. When I had an item in my cart, certain prints were already pulled off the prints page. I can vouch for this, and not doing it to to "defend" another MBW fan. This happened as far back as Peace Elephant. I'm saying this loophole was closed AFTER the Ornate Pattern drop.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

fribhey wrote:
cybernigel wrote:
i think the mark of the MBW fan is to believe everything they read online and to continue spread that information as fact....

Frib- Do you ever stop with the MBW nonsense or do you always act like a child?
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

spagucci1 wrote: When I had an item in my cart, certain prints were already pulled off the prints page.

Meaning that you could not see it if you had something in your cart?
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

cybernigel wrote:
spagucci1 wrote: When I had an item in my cart, certain prints were already pulled off the prints page.

Meaning that you could not see it if you had something in your cart?

No. Let me give yo ua hypothetical situation. Lets say that Spider Lily was last weeks release and Monk was this weeks release. If you didn't have something in your cart, you could still see spider Lily on the prints page right before the release. If I had an item in my cart like a stiker pack, the Spider Lily was not on the prints page anymore and Monk would show up slightly before others would see it if they did not have an item in their cart. Like I said, I could vouch for this. This process worked as recently as Ornate Pattern. Obey fixed this loophole, and it no longer works. I do not think Obey set this up loophole intentionaly.
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

^^ This was one of the things I did. It's why I have so many sticker packs. It has to do with whether you get a cached version of the page or a fresh version. Something in your cart guaranteed you would get a fresh version and not a cached one, thus making it so you would always see the most up to date page when others might not.
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

Yeah, that's totally different from the crepe FOODRAP is talking and Spags, I'm sure that you are above lending any creedence to his conspiracy theories.
spagucci1
Giant

Re:

Post by spagucci1 »

cybernigel wrote:Yeah, that's totally different from the crepe FOODRAP is talking and Spags, I'm sure that you are above lending any creedence to his conspiracy theories.

What!? I said exactly what bdavenport said just in a different manner.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

Then why would you post it in response to FOODRAP's claims of preferential treatment?
spagucci1
Giant

Re:

Post by spagucci1 »

cybernigel wrote:Then why would you post it in response to FOODRAP's claims of preferential treatment?
I never said anybody got preferential treatment, but was responding to why some people would be able to see the print and others wouldnt. I also never claimed that Obey set it up this way to give preferential treatment.