Flipping posters?

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
leglescow
Posse

Flipping posters?

Post by leglescow »

How is this not considered flipping?
sabeth wrote:Prices include shipping in the US, for international shipping add $15. (Note that they are also generally below the EB average.) Make me an offer if you are interested in more than one print. All prints mint and stored flat. Let me know if you have questions.

Neil Young - $170
Nico - $80
Spider Lily - $100
Strummer canvas print - $100
Haring red - $100
Haring green - $100
Jaspher Johns red - $75
Jasper Johns cream - $75
Uganda Blanket - $90
Uganda cans - $60
Thank you for buying the Neil Young print since you didn't want it at all! I'll give you $90 for it shipped. I hope your house catches fire and you lose all of your prints.
Last edited by leglescow on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: Flipping posters?

Post by conartstudio »

who cares if he has them in hand? do i think selling month old prints is lame? i guess... but can someone do whatever they want with something they own? yup.

my only issue is people selling something they don't have possession of yet.

IMO, wishing someone's house catches fire is more lame than flipping prints :roll:

just ink on paper man
leglescow
Posse

Post by leglescow »

i really don't wish that on him or her. it was a rant. just a joke. still i think it sucks for the people that got confirmation and then refunded several days later because of people like that. if you don't want the print, don't buy it.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

leglescow wrote:still i think it sucks for the people that got confirmation and then refunded several days later because of people like that. if you don't want the print, don't buy it.
i agree... but you have to just get used to it because people will always be flipping prints. i was pi$$ed i had to go to ebay to get the ali put that's just how it is and i took my lumps.
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

Shepard has stated if you have the print, it's ok to sell it if you are trying to improve your collection. I opted not to try for Neil so it could go to a fan, but it's a toss up, we've all missed prints we really want and no one seems to complain when people post they are going for X print for trade bait. Be thankful the price isn't 300+ like elephant.
Submit. Rapture.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

300+ elephant? Ill take 5 please
leglescow
Posse

Post by leglescow »

i also want to let you know that i had been off of my medication when i posted this originally so i was a little too harsh. i haven't ever sold any of my obey prints but i have traded them for other obey posters. since shepard is fine with improving collections by selling older prints i think i am going to put my Uncle Scam and Rise Above Cop up on ebay to try to get soup cans. the difference between me and most of the other people that do things like that is that i am going to list it at the price they originally costed me. sorry for being harsh guys. i was in a terrible mood and i had to trade my nixon stamp to get that neil young because i promised i was going to get that for my brother's birthday present.
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

Dude, I'd take Uncle Scam at cost, and while that would be cool, it would be a bit foolish on your part. There is definitely a line on flipping that has to do with how long you have owned a print, my guess is you are well past that line and have no need to fear being labeled a flipper.

A more interesting question for me is do you consider trading a new print to be flipping or is it just in cash deals. And by "you", I mean whoever, not just leglescow
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

i love my medication!

let those puppies ride on the bay if you're looking to score the soup cans. there's no guilt to be had and there's no one judging you, regardless of what anyone here or anywhere else has to say. do what you want to with your possessions, i wish you top dollar for your sales and good luck on your soup can hunt!
on point like a decimalist?
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

Do you think if Dennis Hopper had been inclined to sell his Warhol Soup Can (the original) he would have sold it for the $75 he paid for it? Don't think so. Shep's book is called Supply & Demand. You have prints that are in demand and they have a new price tag since they have a limited supply. It's one thing to make a deal, another to be foolish - like Whyhoo said, let them ride.

Sorry you had to give up a Nixon Stamp to get your Neil. Whoever did that took advantage of you. :-(
Submit. Rapture.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

MunkeyPants wrote: Sorry you had to give up a Nixon Stamp to get your Neil. Whoever did that took advantage of you. :-(
+1, but if you're both happy, then you're both happy. no need to ever look back.
on point like a decimalist?
leglescow
Posse

Post by leglescow »

It's cool. The Nixon stamp went to a friend who will give it a good home and I'll still see it every now and then. I agree that selling the posters should be allowed and you can't ever stop it but I think less than a month of ownership means you should start a bid at the price you paid and see what the true demand really is. I was just being stupid when I started this thread but it is interesting now. I love those prints but I am obsessed with the soup cans.