Best method for international shipping

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
Prints_of_Thieves
Propaganda Engineer

Best method for international shipping

Post by Prints_of_Thieves »

Hey guys, I just sold a print on ebay and have to ship it to the UK, and was wondering what you guys recommend as far as the best method in shipping internationally? I need it insured with delivery confirmation so should I do Fedex, UPS, or USPS? Thanks!
easycraig
Giant

Re: Best method for international shipping

Post by easycraig »

-i always send my stuff USPS... priority mail... its automatically insured for about $75..... ( have shipped signed banksys this way)... -mark em a gift... with a $35 value. 9 times out of 10 the buyer will prefer this... so they dont pay import taxes... key: i double tube the print with yazoo mills tubes, and put it in a postal triangle...

never a problem... they have to sign for it.... and it gets tracked several places all the way over..

cost is about $35. - i have not explored any other ways... - just because there has never been a problem...

ec
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
Prints_of_Thieves
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Prints_of_Thieves »

easycraig wrote:-i always send my stuff USPS... priority mail... its automatically insured for about $75..... ( have shipped signed banksys this way)... -mark em a gift... with a $35 value. 9 times out of 10 the buyer will prefer this... so they dont pay import taxes... key: i double tube the print with yazoo mills tubes, and put it in a postal triangle...

never a problem... they have to sign for it.... and it gets tracked several places all the way over..

cost is about $35. - i have not explored any other ways... - just because there has never been a problem...

ec
Thanks EC!
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

easycraig wrote:-i always send my stuff USPS... priority mail... its automatically insured for about $75..... ( have shipped signed banksys this way)... -mark em a gift... with a $35 value. 9 times out of 10 the buyer will prefer this... so they dont pay import taxes... key: i double tube the print with yazoo mills tubes, and put it in a postal triangle...

ec
+1
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
circa77
Giant

Post by circa77 »

Prints_of_Thieves wrote:

ec
Thanks EC!

You can do this but there is risk involved. You are putting a lot of trust in the recipient and foreign postal services. Once the USPS delivers your package to the foreign postal service they are relieved from the responsibility of tracking. If you go into any USPS office they will tell you that once it is out of their hands they dont know what happens to it. If the recipient is dishonest they can say that they never received the package and demand a full refund. When shipping to UK or Australia I have done what is suggested above, but I was nervous until I got word from the buyer that everything arrived as planned. Now I use DHL if it is a high dollar transaction. It is cheaper than Fedex and UPS and the service is just as good. Good luck!
Wanted: Obey prints on Postal Paper
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

usps express FTW - fully trackable and insurable. Lots of risk with EC's method... just my 2 cents
on point like a decimalist?
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

-you can add insurance to shipping it priority with the post office... - i think up to 2k. -but the buyer will get clipped on the way in.... - i give them the option .... - they pay for the extra insurance, and pay for the way in,,
- but the package still must be signed for in 4-5 different areas... with the recipient at the end also... - never had 1 problem....

guess i am a gambler..... lol
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!