split from MOI thread

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
nas
Swindler

split from MOI thread

Post by nas »

funny funny guy here...go crawl back in your hole you f/(king rabbit!

Optimus Rabbit wrote:
nas wrote:Come to Detroit finally!!!
Too many right wingers.
The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you don’t listen to it, you will never know what justice is!
Optimus Rabbit
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Ministry of Information -Behind the scenes of Obey!

Post by Optimus Rabbit »

nas wrote: I'm not made of money like some folks...
I never would have guessed that.
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

Optimus Rabbit wrote:
Some people are made of money?! :shock:
Optimus Rabbit
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Optimus Rabbit »

QKocur wrote:
Optimus Rabbit wrote:
Some people are made of money?! :shock:
This spider is:
Prints_of_Thieves
Propaganda Engineer

Re: split from MOI thread

Post by Prints_of_Thieves »

Compared to most artists, Shep's prices are way more reasonable. He keeps his prints way cheap when most artists in his league sell in the $100's, even his fine art is affordable. Shep could start charging 70-80 bucks for regular prints and I'd still buy. Try finding the same prices for a faile, D*face or even a Banksy piece lol. Shep sets his prices at a reasonable level and has always made it a point to. Sure, it would be nice to be able to afford a fine art piece but then again, its a fine art piece, and if throwing down a few grande is above your (in the general sense, not personal) budget, then stick to prints and save up until you can. Thats what Im doing :D Dont worry, we'll all get into the fine art phase one day :P
nas
Swindler

Post by nas »

comiconart wrote:Sounds like it has nothing to do with "the possibility of board members being able to score a fine art piece". Sounds like it has everything to do with a sense of entitlement and looking for a handout. The art is reasonably available to all of us. If you don't want to buy it, that is fine...but it is not an excuse to whine about a lack of opportunity when you are really looking for some sort of special treatment yourself.
wrongo bud...far from! Please don't assume anything....you know you look like an a$$ when you do so...gracias!
The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you don’t listen to it, you will never know what justice is!
nas
Swindler

Post by nas »

jak88 wrote:Of course to each his own tastes ... If you didn't like any of the works in "Printed Matters" all well and good for you. But amidst the tome, it sure sounds like this is your real point:
nas wrote:I've had great luck with many cool folks & artists in the art world that have given, traded or sold me unique & one of a kind pieces for next to nothing! ... Hardly the case here.
So you just want some fine art from Shep for next to nothing? Wow, really? And I'd like to buy Google stock today at its IPO price ($85).
apples & oranges bro!
nas
Swindler

Post by nas »

cybernigel wrote:
nas wrote: many cool folks & artists in the art world that have given, traded or sold me unique & one of a kind pieces for next to nothing!
Cool, so then there is no reason to whine about Shep's pieces. Enjoy what you have.

That I do my son! That I do :-)
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

nas wrote:
comiconart wrote:Sounds like it has nothing to do with "the possibility of board members being able to score a fine art piece". Sounds like it has everything to do with a sense of entitlement and looking for a handout. The art is reasonably available to all of us. If you don't want to buy it, that is fine...but it is not an excuse to whine about a lack of opportunity when you are really looking for some sort of special treatment yourself.
wrongo bud...far from! Please don't assume anything....you know you look like an a$$ when you do so...gracias!
Actually it has everything to do with you having an entitlement issue. There's a reason the mods moved your posts here:
http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21285

Stop hijacking omethod's thread and take your whining elsewhere.
nas
Swindler

Post by nas »

skoola wrote:
cybernigel wrote:
nas wrote: many cool folks & artists in the art world that have given, traded or sold me unique & one of a kind pieces for next to nothing!
Cool, so then there is no reason to whine about Shep's pieces. Enjoy what you have.
I agree w/ nigel...enjoy what you have and maybe focus on positive things negative nancy :wink:

I would love to have some of Shep's fine art but I can't afford it but I love seeing forum members scoring and hearing there stories. seeing a collection like comiconart's really just makes me happy.

as far as the prices go, it's the nature of gaining notoriety as an artist. just a few years ago one could score a metal piece for $500
just being real...not negative! Open your eyes folks, if the man was that concerned about helping out the poor, fighting social injustice & coruption then he wouldn't be capitalizing on the great capitalist machine! Come to Detroit & see what real struggle is. It's funny to me how most try to kiss the a$$ of the hand you believe feeds you! I could quite honestly care less about a someone's art collection. Anyone that have those type of funds to back their obsession should probably find something else better to do with their $$. Do I smell a trust fund baby? If not, how would you be able to afford multiple big $ pieces? Curious...
nas
Swindler

Post by nas »

fribhey wrote:
nas wrote:
Actually it has everything to do with you having an entitlement issue. There's a reason the mods moved your posts here:

Stop hijacking omethod's thread and take your whining elsewhere.
That word entitlement is used far too much by rich yuppies :-)
nas
Swindler

Post by nas »

fribhey wrote:
jak88 wrote:
nas wrote:I've had great luck with many cool folks & artists in the art world that have given, traded or sold me unique & one of a kind pieces for next to nothing! ... Hardly the case here.
So you just want some fine art from Shep for next to nothing? Wow, really? And I'd like to buy Google stock today at its IPO price ($85).
since people in the art world are just giving away unique & one of a kind pieces for next to nothing then maybe i can get in touch with Warhol's estate to see if they have something laying around they can hook me up with :roll:

the greed and entitlement issues some people have are astounding.... speaking of greed check out this quote by nas, a bit of a 180 in attitude from april till now:
http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php ... 98#p248698
nas wrote:Why can't folks be happy with 1? Greed is the reason we're in the trouble we are today...
How am I greedy? Please state one example...somewhere. If you knew me whatsoever, you would know that's far from the case. I tend to surround myself with true, genuine, common folks...real people! Not 2 faced, backstabbing hipster yuppies. Please keep your know it all comments to yourself & all is well bud. Cheers :-)
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

nas wrote:
fribhey wrote:
jak88 wrote:
since people in the art world are just giving away unique & one of a kind pieces for next to nothing then maybe i can get in touch with Warhol's estate to see if they have something laying around they can hook me up with :roll:

the greed and entitlement issues some people have are astounding.... speaking of greed check out this quote by nas, a bit of a 180 in attitude from april till now:
http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php ... 98#p248698
nas wrote:Why can't folks be happy with 1? Greed is the reason we're in the trouble we are today...
How am I greedy? Please state one example...somewhere. If you knew me whatsoever, you would know that's far from the case. I tend to surround myself with true, genuine, common folks...real people! Not 2 faced, backstabbing hipster yuppies. Please keep your know it all comments to yourself & all is well bud. Cheers :-)
One more time, stop hijacking omethod's thread and take your whining to the thread that was specifically created for your whining:
Optimus Rabbit
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Optimus Rabbit »

nas wrote: Come to Detroit & see what real struggle is.
Bitter much?
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

Submit. Rapture.
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

If nas hates all this so much, why does he spend his time here or bothering with Shep's stuff at all? While there might be better things to do with money, there is certainly better things to do with time
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!