PLEASE can we change UPS back to USPS!

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re: PLEASE can we change UPS back to USPS!

Post by admonkey »

hercylicious wrote:Not sure a lot of people want to throw an extra 80 100 euros just to post an invoice here. I Already did get raped twice , its enough.
So post the two you've got. I know that some European collectors are continuing to purchase; I'm interested in seeing those, too, if they're willing to post them.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

They didnt leave me any invoice , guy just wanted his money , gave me the tube and thats it.
He looked at his paper , he said you owe us xxx , and thats it
never ever seen the kind of invoice deloused posted
never received anything by mail either

Can I request it from them ? even if its like a month or two old now
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

hercylicious wrote:Can I request it from them ? even if its like a month or two old now
I would assume so. In the U.S., records of payments and receipts have to be kept for literally years in order to satisfy potential future corporate tax requirements.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
Deloused
Swindler

Post by Deloused »

received my ali invoice, i will send to admonkey soon :wink:
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

TheOmethod wrote:Official Statement from Obey Giant:

Hello to all who are wishing we would go back to USPS, or at least offer it as an option.
We believe that UPS is the better option for everyone, here's why:
1. Accurate Tracking of your package
2. Fast Delivery times
3. Quick Replacement for lost or damaged packages
4. Excellent Service

You should not be paying any delivery fees upon receiving your package. If you find that you have been charged for delivery fees above the duties and taxes imposed by your country contact us at orders@obeygiant.com. Be prepared to send evidence of such charges.

Thank you for your continued support!
Obey Giant Art - Orders Dept. wrote: Hi,
We are contacting you about your recent purchase for the America's Favorite (Silver) Print. Because of a manufacturing error it is now being re-printed. This will cause a 6 to 10 day delay in the shipment of your order. If you ordered a Red and Silver version we will ship both at the same time so that you will receive matching numbers. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you for your understanding and support,

Obey Giant Art
--
Orders Dept.
Obey Giant Art, Inc.
orders@obeygiant.com
http://www.obeygiant.com
I think that point #2 of the Official Statement from Obey Giant is obsolete !

XXXX
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

lepublicnme wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:Official Statement from Obey Giant:

Hello to all who are wishing we would go back to USPS, or at least offer it as an option.
We believe that UPS is the better option for everyone, here's why:
1. Accurate Tracking of your package
2. Fast Delivery times
3. Quick Replacement for lost or damaged packages
4. Excellent Service

You should not be paying any delivery fees upon receiving your package. If you find that you have been charged for delivery fees above the duties and taxes imposed by your country contact us at orders@obeygiant.com. Be prepared to send evidence of such charges.

Thank you for your continued support!
for the record, even if they decided to use USPS the America's Favorite (Silver) Print still wouldn't be delivered any quicker. if there's a production problem there's nothing you can do about it. i'm glad there's quality control going on and they didn't decide to just ship them as they were.
Obey Giant Art - Orders Dept. wrote: Hi,
We are contacting you about your recent purchase for the America's Favorite (Silver) Print. Because of a manufacturing error it is now being re-printed. This will cause a 6 to 10 day delay in the shipment of your order. If you ordered a Red and Silver version we will ship both at the same time so that you will receive matching numbers. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you for your understanding and support,

Obey Giant Art
--
Orders Dept.
Obey Giant Art, Inc.
orders@obeygiant.com
http://www.obeygiant.com
I think that point #2 of the Official Statement from Obey Giant is obsolete !

XXXX
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

fribhey wrote: for the record, even if they decided to use USPS the America's Favorite (Silver) Print still wouldn't be delivered any quicker. if there's a production problem there's nothing you can do about it. i'm glad there's quality control going on and they didn't decide to just ship them as they were.
I was just finding this relation between the reason they changed from USPS to UPS and this delay funny
of course I'm glad there is a good quality control
of course the carrier choice doesn't change anything excepted that it costs me $50 more for the same service...

XXXX
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

Improvements are on the way. Standby
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

TheOmethod wrote:Improvements are on the way. Standby
:D
lumix
Swindler

Post by lumix »

good news. fingers and toes are crossed.
I have not bought a print due to the customs + delivery charges to the UK.
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

cool

XXXX
hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

sweet
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Per Jasper
JasprAtObey wrote:After a long, hard and narrow road we have arrived at a cool offer from UPS. In response to all your complaints about the high brokerage fees UPS has agreed to offer 70% discount to many countries. The following countries will receive 70% discount on the brokerage fees when collecting Obey prints from UPS:
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Luxemburg
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
If you are still receiving high brokerage fees or your country is not on this list please contact us at orders@obeygiant.com. You must provide a copy of your invoice from UPS showing the fees they are charging.
Please note: Duty and Tax charges will remain the same.

Thank you for your continued support.
We love and Obey you,

Jaspr and the Obey Giant Crew
EFE
Giant

Post by EFE »

It has to do with what OBEY puts on the tube. If it says art print then the customs charge 19% over it . But if the label on the tube says. Its an unique art print signed by the artist. Then the customs charge 6% overhere. I had a whole discussion today at UPS,cause of the different fees on mandala 1 and mandala 2. It was 15 eu for 1 and 25 eu for 2. Very strange!! So it has to say UNIQUE on the label. SO if OBEY wants to change art print into unique art print or somethging then the difference is 13%.! UPS changed the 25 eu on fees for mandala 2 into 14,80 EU(6%).SO thx to UPS for that,but 14 eu is still alot. :)

So OBEY.. Change your labels.
Oh yeah. My mandala 2 was damaged like F#@#$%#!!
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

EFE wrote:It has to do with what OBEY puts on the tube. If it says art print then the customs charge 19% over it . But if the label on the tube says. Its an unique art print signed by the artist. Then the customs charge 6% overhere. I had a whole discussion today at UPS,cause of the different fees on mandala 1 and mandala 2. It was 15 eu for 1 and 25 eu for 2. Very strange!! So it has to say UNIQUE on the label. SO if OBEY wants to change art print into unique art print or somethging then the difference is 13%.! UPS changed the 25 eu on fees for mandala 2 into 14,80 EU(6%).SO thx to UPS for that,but 14 eu is still alot. :)

they made you pay duties/fees or whatever it is on a damaged print?
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

jwoods103 wrote:
EFE wrote:It has to do with what OBEY puts on the tube. If it says art print then the customs charge 19% over it . But if the label on the tube says. Its an unique art print signed by the artist. Then the customs charge 6% overhere. I had a whole discussion today at UPS,cause of the different fees on mandala 1 and mandala 2. It was 15 eu for 1 and 25 eu for 2. Very strange!! So it has to say UNIQUE on the label. SO if OBEY wants to change art print into unique art print or somethging then the difference is 13%.! UPS changed the 25 eu on fees for mandala 2 into 14,80 EU(6%).SO thx to UPS for that,but 14 eu is still alot. :)

they made you pay duties/fees or whatever it is on a damaged print?
i would have made them send it back to the sender and not paid anything
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

same thing happened to me today. The driver hid the print, got funny when i asked where it was and was like ehhhh its here. I signed for it then he pulled it out. I also payed fees! A$$hole!

Pics uploaded here:

http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=500
EFE
Giant

Post by EFE »

hercylicious
Giant

Post by hercylicious »

EFE wrote:some pics of mandala 2 by UPS.
http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=175

Shame , bring back good old USPS!
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

Damages are going to happen with any carrier as long as flimsy Uline tubes are used. OG needs to charge $1 more for shipping and upgrade to Yazoo Mills tubes to prevent prints from getting ruined in transit.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Fattyramone »

This thread needs resurrection , although looking at the official line taken i dont think it will do a pennys worth of any good , here my exprience that i posted on an earlier thread totaly oblivious to the fact that there was already a thread that mirrored my expierience to the T

Quite honestly (and i know it will never happen) , I wish we in Europe had an option to click a "all risks of loss assumed by ourselves" option for the p&p costings and that the posters could then be sent via normal airmail.

Sending them via UPS ramps up the postage costings to a crazy level ($40) and being UPS they do everything by the book and declare everything to the customs , the cost of the import duty was £5.84 , UPS then charge me £3.30 for the privilage of them paying the £5.84 for me to the government before collecting the £9.14 back off me before they will give me my print.

At a cost of $55 p&p , id be more than prepared to assume the risk of the odd occassional loss if they could send it out via normal post at a more realistic price of something like $20-25.

I used to buy no end of goods from the States on ebay and could count on one hand the times i ever got hit for import duty via the normal air mail route.....wirh UPS its EVERY time.
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

$20-25 is not a realistic price anymore... i always ship US Postal Priority and it is now $37... no way around it, that comes with the standard 75 dollar insurance.
today... i shipped a flat 12inch piece to great britain that was under a pound , $37.00 i also shipped a piece to france that was 2lbs 14oz and it was $39.10.

not much you can do at this point.... i know, a thicker tube, like yazoo would eliminate most of the damage problems (even if shipped through UPS) - the problem for Obey/Studio 1 with shipping USPS is all the documentation that has to be filled out by the seller and the post office..... ( its a serious pain in the ars ) - when I rolled in to the post office today... they were trying to lock the doors prior to 5pm... lol! they knew they had some typing to do to ship my stuff out... lol....
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
Stone Age
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Stone Age »

Don't like it? Move to a different country.
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

easycraig wrote: ( its a serious pain in the ars ) - when I rolled in to the post office today... they were trying to lock the doors prior to 5pm... lol! they knew they had some typing to do to ship my stuff out... lol....
I always get the same lady when I ship international and she always reminds me to fill it out online and rolls her eyes at me when i tell her I cant find it
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

jwoods103 wrote:
easycraig wrote: ( its a serious pain in the ars ) - when I rolled in to the post office today... they were trying to lock the doors prior to 5pm... lol! they knew they had some typing to do to ship my stuff out... lol....
I always get the same lady when I ship international and she always reminds me to fill it out online and rolls her eyes at me when i tell her I cant find it

shipping international with paypal is the shiznit. unless of course you have to insure for more than $100, then it's a matter of filling out the forms and going to the post office. i tell my guy every time that i can't wait until they make more insurance available online! but sub $100 international paypal works the best - one click and you get all the forms!
on point like a decimalist?