What to do with Extra Bomber Print

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
bdavenport
punk

What to do with Extra Bomber Print

Post by bdavenport »

I am slowly going through my moontower box set and framing stuff. While doing this the other day, I found that I have an extra bomber print. It s the number right before mine, so probably got stuck when they grabbed mine. No prints were missing, so I go 37 prints in the 36 box set.

As soon as I saw this i emailed obey asking them what I should do with the print. So far I have heard nothing.

I wanted to get it to the rightful owner and am kind of surprised that I haven't heard from Obey. It's been over a week.

At this point, am I free to do with it what I want? I was thinking I might sell it to get some of my cost back. I am really stuck on this one though as the print isn't supposed to be mine, but I haven't been able to figure out a way around it.

THoughts?
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Re: What to do with Extra Bomber Print

Post by illyanadmc »

i have a super guilty conscience about this kind of thing, so i'd probably hold onto it until i heard back from obey (so, indefinitely). you could always PM theomethod to see if he can help you get in touch with obey.

i definitely wouldn't sell it as numbered, though - if obey already heard from its rightful owner and issued that person a replacement print with the same number, there are now two of that number floating around. if they do end up telling you to keep the print, it's probably best to erase the number.
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

Illy, I am on the same page. I did send Kyle and email as well (he doesn't like pm) and haven't heard back. I don't want to have two of the same number out there either.

Heck, maybe I'll just send it to thegiant.org as a prize for the next fundraiser. Probably the best option anyway
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

bdavenport wrote:I wanted to get it to the rightful owner and am kind of surprised that I haven't heard from Obey. It's been over a week.
That would be great if someone here was missing this exact print and number, right?!
bdavenport wrote:At this point, am I free to do with it what I want? I was thinking I might sell it to get some of my cost back. I am really stuck on this one though as the print isn't supposed to be mine, but I haven't been able to figure out a way around it.
I wouldn't get rid of it yet. I have a super guilty conscience as well and I'd have to camp out until I heard back on what is an okay next step.
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

Sell it to me and I will vow silence by order of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Bomber.
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

Patillac13 wrote:Sell it to me and I will vow silence by order of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Bomber.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

they're a little slow to respond by email sometimes. i've waited 2 weeks + more than once!
on point like a decimalist?
Phởgg
Giant

Post by Phởgg »

what number is the extra bomber so those of us with unopened sets are aware of a possible missing plane

or better yet is it #63?
http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh10 ... ADCAST.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hundreddollarhorse
Propaganda Engineer

Post by hundreddollarhorse »

frame it up!
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

I've already got mine framed up, plus the large format bomber, so no real need to frame it.

As for the number it is 97/150, but more importantly, why are there box sets that sit unopened?!!? You've go to at least go through and make sure that all the prints are there and none are damaged. Plus, it is rad, you got to look at it.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

bdavenport wrote:I've already got mine framed up, plus the large format bomber, so no real need to frame it.

As for the number it is 97/150, but more importantly, why are there box sets that sit unopened?!!? You've go to at least go through and make sure that all the prints are there and none are damaged. Plus, it is rad, you got to look at it.

durn how cool will it be if there are actually 2 of the same #

kinda like pow prints???
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

Just heard from Jaspr. She is trying to contact the owner of the box set to see if they are missing a print or if this was simply an extra. Not sure what's going to happen, but I am glad Jaspr is on the case!
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

Looks like the owner of set 97/150 had all of the prints (weird). However, they asked me to send it back and I am more than happy to do that. I would hate to have two 97/150 floating around. I might include a request for an AP for thegiant.org to use as a contest prize.
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

vvk wrote:
bdavenport wrote:I've already got mine framed up, plus the large format bomber, so no real need to frame it.

durn how cool will it be if there are actually 2 of the same #

kinda like pow prints???

for the record my recent POW replacement print was a different #.
Who's got my old stickers?
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

bdavenport, if I ever lose my wallet, I pray you find it. :-)
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

robotoil wrote:bdavenport, if I ever lose my wallet, I pray you find it. :-)
Ha, just hope I find it on a day when I didn't pay tuition. As for the print, there are enough vultures in the hobby, no need for me to add to it by trying to sell a print that has a double.