Tracking More Information in the Wiki

Wiki - Gallery - Forum and More. Discuss them here.
KennyB
Punk

Tracking More Information in the Wiki

Post by KennyB »

I'm still relatively new around here, so forgive me if this is ground that has been covered.

I think it would be incredibly helpful to surface more data about the collections currently being tracked within each relevant print's page in the wiki.

For example, when looking at a particular print's page, it would be nice to see how many copies of that print were currently accounted for by the collections tracked here and which numbers are currently accounted for.

Much like the CGC does with comic books (without the grading), it would be very valuable to begin to see how many of each print still exist in the wild. It may also help expose any counterfeits by pointing out any duplicate numbers that exist.

Just thinking out loud here :)
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: Tracking More Information in the Wiki

Post by conartstudio »

If you want info like that go to expressobeans.com
KennyB
Punk

Post by KennyB »

Is there any good reason why you wouldn't want that functionality here if this is the 'definitive obey giant site?'

Obviously it will take work and resources, not trying to suggest it will happen over night. They would just be valuable resources.
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

No good reason, it would take a lot more work than you probably realize. And like Frib said they do a pretty good job of tracking things like this over on Ebeans. Plus many of us don't share our collections publicly and have no desire to do so.
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

+ its a nice idea... but it would be too difficult to control / patrol. What would stop someone from adding a couple prints ( and numbers of their prints ) to their data base to try and soften up the market... -there would really be no way of knowing whether the poster was legit or not. Nice idea in a perfect world.
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

as the unofficial keeper of the wiki (meaning i have done, and still do, the most work on it), i'll confirm that this is not an enhancement we plan on adding to our wiki.
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
KennyB
Punk

Post by KennyB »

Cool. Does make sense that monitoring could be a bear. I appreciate the feedback and dialogue.
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

Yeah, I think it is mainly a work thing. 5 years ago I may have been up for it, and just powered through it all. But now, Illyana is the only one looking after the wiki.
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.