Street Art Spring Break v2.0 Europe

Questions, Questions, Questions. You got 'em? We'll answer 'em!
halopigg
Giant

Re: Street Art Spring Break v2.0 Europe

Post by halopigg »

ALL LODGING BOOKED!!!!!!! Here are some street art pictures from other times that I have been abroad!

Japan April 2007. The trip that started it all for me. My buddy was like you know those obey clothes you like? I said yeah. He then told me that while I was going to be in Tokyo, Obey and Wk also had a show going on. I checked out the show, bought some prints, and I remember seeing a few icons around the city but I didn't really understand the significance yet.
ImageImageImageImageImage

In 2009 I got to travel to Israel via the birthright program. By this time I was a bit more into the culture of street art and I even brought and put up a handful of stickers. Most of these photos are from Tel Aviv. I think this is when my love for "graffiti hunting" really started. I also discovered C215 here. I figured he was from Philly since our area code is 215. Turns out I was wrong, but I've been a fan ever since.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Who's got my old stickers?
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

So who besides my various tour guides have any bit of advice for me? never been to Europe before. Just learned that I actually need to bring some clothes other then t-shirts and jeans so I don't look like "that guy" at night. Any advice is appreciated not just art stuff!
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

halopigg wrote:So who besides my various tour guides have any bit of advice for me? never been to Europe before. Just learned that I actually need to bring some clothes other then t-shirts and jeans so I don't look like "that guy" at night. Any advice is appreciated not just art stuff!
Used to live in Amsterdam, and one way you can at least dress not to stand out is wear nice shoes (not sneakers unless they are crazy florescent colors) and no ball caps. Dress almost business casual, with jeans and you should be good. This time of year expect it to just start raining at any time, so have a small umbrella in a pack with you. Having a backpack, or messenger bag, with you at all times is pretty normal, unless you are going out at night to a pub.

Learn to say "Do you speak english?" in whatever language of the country you are going is a plus as well. If you will be in The Netherlands, you shouldnt have to worry about that much at all, France is another story. Asking in english can almost turn them off, and this may sound weird, but if you can fake a decent British accent, it can help. At least they wont automatically take you as a tourist American :)

If you have any specifics, let me know and I will do what I can to help!
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Get the google translator app. Might come in handy. Have fun buddy!
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

summoner wrote:Asking in english can almost turn them off, and this may sound weird, but if you can fake a decent British accent, it can help. At least they wont automatically take you as a tourist American :)
I don't get the British accent allusion... in France, we are rude with EVERY tourist we find, wherever they come from, and then we kick their a$$ off !! :P :P

XXXX
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

Ha! I am not really concerned with that because I am a very personable person and if you don't like me then you don't like me! I like to think that I embody the things that people actually do like about Americans! See you in Paris PE!
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

lepublicnme wrote:
summoner wrote:Asking in english can almost turn them off, and this may sound weird, but if you can fake a decent British accent, it can help. At least they wont automatically take you as a tourist American :)
I don't get the British accent allusion... in France, we are rude with EVERY tourist we find, wherever they come from, and then we kick their a$$ off !! :P :P

XXXX
I can attest to this being true!! :P
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

summoner wrote:
lepublicnme wrote:

XXXX
I can attest to this being true!! :P
:wink: that's false ! FVck YOU ! :lol:

XXXX
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

Haha! One week until I leave!
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

24 hours until my flight leaves!
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

halopigg wrote:24 hours until my flight leaves!
Travel safe, have a blast!
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

halopigg wrote:24 hours until my flight leaves!
The last 24 hours ALWAYS kills me, you just want to get on the plane and be there!! Have a safe trip!!!
wiredbeans
Propaganda Engineer

Post by wiredbeans »

tock tick!
have funfun!!! ahhhhh!!!
Optimus Rabbit
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Optimus Rabbit »

lepublicnme wrote:

XXXX
In Boston, we're only rude to New Yorkers and the French :mrgreen:

And enjoy your trip HP!
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

Made it to Paris! Saw my first invader At the airport! Had to jump a turnstile to snap a pic!
justin
Giant

Post by justin »

Have fun!
ROBTWIN666
Swindler

Post by ROBTWIN666 »

Man I am excited to hear the details of this trip. I have to go for training for work in Germany this October. I booked an extra 10 days to tour around. I am doing a similar circuit but in reverse. Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Brussels and Paris. Have a great time Dan.
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

I think I've literally found 100 invaders in three days. 450 pics! Bout to stroll along the river and find some more C215! Great times with PE and his fam today! Tomorrow I am meeting up with C215 in Vitry. Man my feet hurt.
lepublicnme
Giant

Post by lepublicnme »

halopigg wrote:I think I've literally found 100 invaders in three days. 450 pics! Bout to stroll along the river and find some more C215! Great times with PE and his fam today! Tomorrow I am meeting up with C215 in Vitry. Man my feet hurt.
It was a shared pleasure to spend some time with you in bars, streets and home !
Take care, stay safe !

XXXX
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

Hung out with C215 yesterday, and while it was frustrating getting lost finding his house it did help me find a cr@p load of pieces (50+). Current Invader count is 65 tile pieces, 1 rubrick, and 10 stickers. I've also found Obey, Nick Walker, Roa, Dark Cloud, Jeff Aerosol, Bandit, Alicé, Above, and many others. Didn't bring the laptop so I can only show a few of my so far 600 pics.

Ps follow me on instagram, you know the name.
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

hope you climbed the stairs and didnt puss out and took the elevator
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

Ha! I walked so much in the first three days here I was not about to climb it, so I just didn't go up.
EFE
Giant

Post by EFE »

Nice pics Dan. Thx for sharing
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

Message me with where I should book my train to from Brussels.
EFE
Giant

Post by EFE »

On my way to pick you up right now!! With some funky green stuff!! Welcome to HOLLAND!! hahahahaaa