UK users - question

UPS got you down? eBay making you cry? Need to rant? Do it here.
whyhoo
itsame

UK users - question

Post by whyhoo »

if you have a print coming from the US via USPS Express Mail (not priority or first class), what happens when the tube lands in the UK? if a notice is left for customs fees due, who leaves the notice? and when you collect the item, is a signature required? and my final question would be: who has that signature on file if so?

thanks in advance for your help!
on point like a decimalist?
slidingaround
Giant

Re: UK users - question

Post by slidingaround »

whyhoo wrote:if you have a print coming from the US via USPS Express Mail (not priority or first class), what happens when the tube lands in the UK? if a notice is left for customs fees due, who leaves the notice? and when you collect the item, is a signature required? and my final question would be: who has that signature on file if so?

thanks in advance for your help!
You would go to the post office (sorting office) and pay your fees, you would sign a form and the tube would be given to you. So sig would be held by the post office or parcel force.
However recently, I've had a few that, a few days after I've received a tube I then get a bill in the post that I have to pay online or over the phone. No sig required and tube is in hand. Dunno if that's by USPS though.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

in case anyone was wondering, for the UK at least, it IS possible to get a copy of the signature delivered to you in the mail. i can't remember how i did it, but i just got one today. i didn't end up needing it in this case, but could be useful for those times when you are dealing with paypal and they want a signature to show proof of delivery. :D
on point like a decimalist?
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

Zero help :lol:
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

whyhoo wrote:in case anyone was wondering, for the UK at least, it IS possible to get a copy of the signature delivered to you in the mail. i can't remember how i did it, but i just got one today. i didn't end up needing it in this case, but could be useful for those times when you are dealing with paypal and they want a signature to show proof of delivery. :D
You have to ask for a return signature from the post office. It costs a a dollar or two .