Newbie help with the wiki...

Wiki - Gallery - Forum and More. Discuss them here.
donteatsoap7
Punk

Newbie help with the wiki...

Post by donteatsoap7 »

I'm trying to view the wiki but idk how...It's just the main page and the prints. Also, I created an account but cannot login to the wiki page. It says "invalid username" or something to that effect. Does anyone know what to do? Thanks.
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Re: Newbie help with the wiki...

Post by illyanadmc »

welcome to the forum!

please try to log in to the wiki again and let me know if it works this time - we have moderation for first-time posters turned on here on the forum, because we were getting spammed like crazy last year, and there was a bit of a delay in your first post being approved (sorry about that - it's nothing you did, just weekend laziness on the part of us mods/admins). so, the invalid username error might have been related to that.

as for your only being able to view the main page and the prints, were you getting some sort of error message when trying to access other wiki pages?
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Fattyramone »

Mine is the same Mary , and as far as i know it always has been?

I can view the forum , i can view the prints databank , but whenever i click on the wiki link it asks me to sign in , and give my password , then it gives me this denial screen (below) ....i dont think ive ever been in the Wiki part of it?? ...I dont even know what im missing ...if anything?

illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Post by illyanadmc »

that's super weird. maybe it's case sensitive? your username here has an uppercase F, but you've used a lowercase f in the screenshot you posted. i know that the wiki login is linked to the forum login, but maybe there's some extra step i've forgotten about? i'll let adam know about this thread so that he can chime in and investigate, if necessary.
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Fattyramone »

Ive tried it with the uppercase "F" ...same results ,same screen denial.
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

I just want to say something that may have been missed.
There is no reason to login to the wiki unless you plan to edit pages.
All portions of the wiki are available to everyone, logged in or not. You just can't make changes.

donteatsoap7, the reason you can not login is because to protect the wiki from spam, you need to make at least least 10 posts in the forum. But again, it sounds like you dont actually need to login.

Fattyramone, sadly, it is a known bug, and the capital letter is the issue. I dont know what to do other than change your username. But if im hearing you correctly, you were not looking to make changes to the wiki either.
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Fattyramone »

noverflow wrote:I just want to say something that may have been missed.
There is no reason to login to the wiki unless you plan to edit pages.
All portions of the wiki are available to everyone, logged in or not. You just can't make changes.

donteatsoap7, the reason you can not login is because to protect the wiki from spam, you need to make at least least 10 posts in the forum. But again, it sounds like you dont actually need to login.

Fattyramone, sadly, it is a known bug, and the capital letter is the issue. I dont know what to do other than change your username. But if im hearing you correctly, you were not looking to make changes to the wiki either.

Yeah , thats fine by me , its never worked for me anyway so what I never had i wont miss.

Cheers